Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we leave planet Earth

No it is really <comfy> here :^)
Sorry what was the question?
The galaxy is a hoax, nothing exists outside of planet earth.
Why don't scientists do something useful like fix the economy instead?
We don't need to go to vacuum in space, we have vacuums here.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30

Author Topic: Stellaris: Never leave Earth  (Read 88952 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Never leave Earth
« Reply #330 on: December 17, 2017, 12:04:38 am »

Maybe we could get another queen and keep her safely away from fighting?

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 17, 2017, 02:02:00 am »

Only one per game/map, and they don't respawn.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 17, 2017, 02:21:21 am »

This is a masterpiece of a game. I can't believe you actually managed to fight them back so far. I've lost from much more recoverable of situations.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 17, 2017, 02:24:32 am »

In this case I shall recommend MORE CHEATING because that doesn't actually make logical sense for there to be only one. Especially with how long this war has taken.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 17, 2017, 05:55:45 am »

In this case I shall recommend MORE CHEATING because that doesn't actually make logical sense for there to be only one. Especially with how long this war has taken.
+1. Given combat parity, we could probably engineer such a situation intentionally.

A pity the Prethoryn gestalt-pattern can't be safely preserved, but such is life.
One wheel short of a wagon

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 17, 2017, 06:08:13 am »

Er. To turn a prethoryn queen to our side we have to do brain surgery on it, cutting out it's bit's that let it communicate with the rest of the collective and installing mind control robotics in its brain.

That's pretty horrific, arguably worse then death? I'm not sure that's what we should be doing, it was maybe justified when we were in a state of war in a fight to the death that we were loosing, but now that it's a clean up operation I don't think doing such a thing is morally justifiable.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 17, 2017, 06:20:58 am »

That makes no sense at all. Before the Prethoryn Scourge we were ready to adapt, to improve, to create a utopia for all sentient beings. Why should we let them change our values? The past cannot be altered, so rather than look inward and back with a lifeless memorial or nostalgic fantasy, we must look outward and forward by creating a true utopia. Earth shall be the first of a galaxy of ideal planets!
It is only thus, by staying true to our dreams and ideals no matter the circumstances, that we may claim spiritually never to have left earth.
This radical idea is currently what I plan for most of the galaxy. Because the composition of most planets has been eradicated by the prethoryn and subsequent bombarding, the state of its previous condition is unknown - and thus the best thing is to make it a habitable paradise for all life. But the consequence of doing this for every cleansed planet will mean there'll be dozens upon dozens of gaia worlds, creating a vast network of planets where all species can freely move without any concerns for habitability. It will create one vast galactic core where all are welcome wherever they are from

This sounds amazing- a galaxy open to all who live within it, free to go where they wish without concern or fear, knowing that nothing threatens your existence.

We merely need to eradicate the Prethoryn. Too bad the Queen we got died, or we'd have all species living in harmony- as it is, we won't have any Prethoryn who've turned towards peace and reconciliation. A  crying shame, but a necessary one.

You have to be a true olympian to have sympathy for the space bugs after all this, in that I salute you!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 17, 2017, 02:44:38 pm »

A few of them fought alongside us, if only briefly. It'd only be fitting for Humanity to respect that, right?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 17, 2017, 04:15:40 pm »

That makes no sense at all. Before the Prethoryn Scourge we were ready to adapt, to improve, to create a utopia for all sentient beings. Why should we let them change our values? The past cannot be altered, so rather than look inward and back with a lifeless memorial or nostalgic fantasy, we must look outward and forward by creating a true utopia. Earth shall be the first of a galaxy of ideal planets!
It is only thus, by staying true to our dreams and ideals no matter the circumstances, that we may claim spiritually never to have left earth.
This radical idea is currently what I plan for most of the galaxy. Because the composition of most planets has been eradicated by the prethoryn and subsequent bombarding, the state of its previous condition is unknown - and thus the best thing is to make it a habitable paradise for all life. But the consequence of doing this for every cleansed planet will mean there'll be dozens upon dozens of gaia worlds, creating a vast network of planets where all species can freely move without any concerns for habitability. It will create one vast galactic core where all are welcome wherever they are from

This sounds amazing- a galaxy open to all who live within it, free to go where they wish without concern or fear, knowing that nothing threatens your existence.

We merely need to eradicate the Prethoryn. Too bad the Queen we got died, or we'd have all species living in harmony- as it is, we won't have any Prethoryn who've turned towards peace and reconciliation. A  crying shame, but a necessary one.

We can just blockade them on a single system, deep within UN territory. After all, they're running from something even bigger. They deserve a place to live.

Or mod it so we can catch another queen.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 17, 2017, 04:38:15 pm »

Or do some extreme modding shenanigans to get a gestalt pattern leader and/or pop?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 17, 2017, 05:09:19 pm »

A few of them fought alongside us, if only briefly. It'd only be fitting for Humanity to respect that, right?
We want to save them because they are living creatures, not because they fought alongside us.
One wheel short of a wagon

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 17, 2017, 06:12:45 pm »

We can just blockade them on a single system, deep within UN territory. After all, they're running from something even bigger. They deserve a place to live.

Problem with this is that

• the Prethoryn will continue to spawn fleets endlessly,
  • Spoiler: Actual Spoiler (click to show/hide)
    and
  • the other Empires will come in and attempt to wipe them out.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:15:07 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 17, 2017, 06:36:18 pm »

Them still spawning ships probably isn't relevant. We're beating them with a single planet, with a galaxy they'll be pretty hopeless.

Other empires I guess we could stop with closed boarders...? But yeah, sorta an issue.

As for the actual spoilers... I'm pretty sure that's not actually true.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:49:06 pm by Criptfeind »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 17, 2017, 07:49:11 pm »

ptw
It's FEF, not FEOF

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 17, 2017, 08:42:31 pm »

As for the actual spoilers... I'm pretty sure that's not actually true.

Huh. I wiki'd it, must have gotten mixed up with the other crisis. Opps.
GENERATION 32:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30