Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36097 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #510 on: May 29, 2018, 11:08:01 am »

If we do, I'm doing it specifically with the Inquisitor, not at the negotiating table.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 29, 2018, 11:32:51 am »

I need opinions:

To Tal: (quietly) “The Cisharni have proven that, at the present moment in time, they have the upper hand in fighting us. We have very little space to negotiate, unfortunately.”

To everyone: “I would like to request that we be allowed a corp of Sindari healers remain in the country to assist with the plagues. They will wear all white and have a red cross design added to their clothing, so as to distinguish them. Is this acceptable?”
I think this is the wrong approach. The Cisharni want to divide us and destroy us separately. How long do you think they'll leave China once they've dealt with us.
In my opinion we should try to convince prince Tal of that. And would the Chisharni offer peace if they didn't think we could hurt them?   

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 29, 2018, 11:35:19 am »

Hmn. A fair idea. And yes, I was thinking that it wasn't unlikely that they would try to attack China as soon as they had the opportunity.
That said, I'm not sure what I would be able to do at the present negotiation to this effect. What do you suggest?

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 29, 2018, 11:47:44 am »

I'm not the best diplomat, but my idea is basically to tell him what I just posted. It's not that subtle of an idea. we just have to make sure he doesn't decide to take his chances with them rather then us.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 29, 2018, 11:55:17 am »

The problem is that MM's vision shows him doing just that...
:/

I think that the best plan here is to just find a way to minimize losses. I'm of the impression that this isn't really a situation we can win.

EDIT: Also, part of why they're proposing a peace is this: they know they could take everything by force, but A. nobody likes fighting, B. they feel it would take more of their resources than they'd really like, and C. they'd prefer that when they capture China, it actually contain stuff worth capturing, rather than just be a ravaged wasteland from the combat.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:59:56 am by Glass »

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 29, 2018, 11:58:23 am »

The future is not fixed. Because of the vision we sent one of our own to keep him from going over to the Cisharni.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 29, 2018, 12:00:23 pm »

I think he shouldn't have been sent at all, but apparently it happened anyway. :/

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 29, 2018, 12:01:34 pm »

The future is not fixed. Because of the vision we sent one of our own to keep him from going over to the Cisharni.

Wait. The vision shows Prince Tal shaking hands with the Inquisitor. How is that a betrayal? For all we know it's just a formality at the end of a negotiation, or it's further into the future than we thought and he only does it when his country is under desperate straits. Don't judge him too quickly.

And can we avert visions at all?

And would the Chisharni offer peace if they didn't think we could hurt them?   

Yes. They want China, and they'd prefer a peaceful assimilation to more blood and conquest.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 29, 2018, 12:07:28 pm »

Wait. The vision shows Prince Tal shaking hands with the Inquisitor. How is that a betrayal? For all we know it's just a formality at the end of a negotiation, or it's further into the future than we thought and he only does it when his country is under desperate straits. Don't judge him too quickly.
Could you pull up the vision description, please? My memory is crap and all I'd remembered was everyone deciding it meant betrayal.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 29, 2018, 12:09:46 pm »

Could you pull up the vision description, please? My memory is crap and all I'd remembered was everyone deciding it meant betrayal.

Turangol scanned the future for the coming battle. It was chaotic, as fates twisted and tore as men will kill and die. Perhaps he could see enough to avert the death that lie in wait.

But a flash appeared. Prince Tal, meeting the Inquisitor. Betrayal echoed from that thread as former allies turned against the Sindari.

Hm. Betrayal echoed "from that thread." Is that just Turangol jumping to conclusions, or the time continuum itself warning us that we are betrayed? Did Turangol see any secondary images from that thread that led him to believe this, or was it just a feeling? GM clarification would be helpful. Also "former allies" in the plural. Who else?

Cause if I were the GM, then making a false vision to turn you against your allies is TOTALLY a thing I would do. Future-seeing is too OP otherwise.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 29, 2018, 12:10:02 pm »

There is only one thing we can do, before we leave, we have to destroy the temples that the Pharaoh could use.

EDIT: Well, you do, I'm currently unable to help until I get a new character as a temporary replacement.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:12:31 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 29, 2018, 12:11:39 pm »

There is only one thing we can do, before we leave, we have to destroy the temples that the Pharaoh could use.

Oh yeah! Tell the Cisharni to reel in their pet Egyptian before he ends the world! That's a thing we can do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 29, 2018, 12:12:11 pm »

C2 has already made it so that whenever MM future-sees, Cisharni find him.

Oh yeah! Tell the Cisharni to reel in their pet Egyptian before he ends the world! That's a thing we can do.
Ah, yes. I'll tell Quiz that the Pharaoh is planning on doing something with high hazard for reality's continued integrity.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 29, 2018, 12:13:50 pm »

C2 has already made it so that whenever MM future-sees, Cisharni find him.

Ah, yes. I'll tell Quiz that the Pharaoh is planning on doing something with high hazard for reality's continued integrity.

Quiz.

Quiz?

Is that what we're calling the Inquisitor now?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 29, 2018, 12:14:35 pm »

Yes.
It's what we've been calling him for a while.
I'm not the most reliable about using nicknames, mind you.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41