Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36239 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #300 on: April 24, 2018, 10:20:42 am »

*shrug*
Ok. I was just putting down the first number that came to mind. I wasn’t sure of a good number.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 24, 2018, 10:26:57 am »

Right, Elventide I love the action (cue evil GM laugh), but only worshippers count towards the worship bonus. It’s been awhile so don’t worry about it, just when you get the chance you should change it to not receive a worship bonus, or to recruiting worshippers.

Got it!

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 24, 2018, 07:26:03 pm »

Ok here's what I have so far for my reply to C2s questions.

1. I'm out of soul gems. So rebuilding my stockpile has to be my main focus. But I'll do what I can to guide and support our forces. Of course I'll also keep an eye open for when a change in weather would be to our advantage. When possible I prefer ambush and deception to strait up confrontation. We want to fight on our terms not theirs. But I will spend lives when needed to hold vital ground.

3. Yes but it would have to make a major difference. It sounds selfish to say it but we Sindari are the only ones who can stop the Cisharni, and we cannot sell our lives cheaply.

I'm not sure what to do about dragon's tooth. It's a choke point so we want to hold it if we can, but it sounds like it's still close to the front lines so we won't have much time to weaken the Cisharni before they come to smash it. And I doubt we'll be able to retreat very well from a loosing fight there.

Any advice about that or anything else?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 24, 2018, 07:37:24 pm »

We hold Dragon's Tooth. 6000 men in it, the rest deployed to harass the enemy day and night (we have more than enough men to raid in shifts while also guarding the camps round the clock).

We have a full 100,000 men, apparently. Might as well make use of that fact. Dragon's Tooth might be capable of breaking the enemy army, if we're careful. We can afford to lose 6000 or 120000 defending that fortress, so long as the enemy loses worse. They're in hostile territory, and despite their evidently excellent logistics we can levy more men and bring in more supplies than they possibly could.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 24, 2018, 07:50:57 pm »

...and despite their evidently excellent logistics...
...which we should be taking every opportunity to disrupt...
;D

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 24, 2018, 08:18:57 pm »

I'll make sure they start sprouting invisible arrows from places you don't want invisible arrows.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 24, 2018, 08:19:20 pm »

Since you successfully defended the fortress from the first assault, all 3 nexus sites that are potential targets of the Pharaoh are in allied hands. If the fortress falls, the invading army will be able to capture only 1 nexus by the time the Pharaoh makes his move. It will be easier for the Pharaoh to access it, but on the other hand you will know where he will make his attempt.

Just to give you an idea of how this first year may affect the next.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 24, 2018, 08:21:20 pm »

:o
:-\
Is there any other way to cause the Pharaoh to favor one shrine over the other two?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2018, 08:22:26 pm »

Once I'm in China, will I be able to track him fully?

EDIT: So, should we tell our guys "If you see a Cisharni, don't engage. If you see us runnng from something, don't engage. If you see a guy in a white mask and a black cloak, or some shadowy wolves, or a cloud of smoke, do not engage. Not because it's to powerful, but because that's our guy."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:27:58 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2018, 08:26:12 pm »

Glass: Maybe!

SM: Most likely!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 24, 2018, 08:28:46 pm »

Could Artemis of Apollo sense my invisibility spell?

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 24, 2018, 08:30:24 pm »

We hold Dragon's Tooth. 6000 men in it, the rest deployed to harass the enemy day and night (we have more than enough men to raid in shifts while also guarding the camps round the clock).

We have a full 100,000 men, apparently. Might as well make use of that fact. Dragon's Tooth might be capable of breaking the enemy army, if we're careful. We can afford to lose 6000 or 120000 defending that fortress, so long as the enemy loses worse. They're in hostile territory, and despite their evidently excellent logistics we can levy more men and bring in more supplies than they possibly could.
That sounds like a good plan. And if we were facing an enemy with similar capabilities to us I'd say to throw everything we had into defending the Tooth. But we don't have anything to counter the Spartans, and I'm sure their magic users out class us as well. so I doubt we can hold it. We just need to make them pay the highest price for it that we can.

Even with 100,000 troops it wouldn't surprise me if we were out numbered. And we know their regular are better then ours. remember there were 40,000 Spartans and we only killed two companies.

...and despite their evidently excellent logistics...
...which we should be taking every opportunity to disrupt...
;D
We definitely want to do that. An army marches on it's stomach after all.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:32:38 pm by Sudurandom »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 24, 2018, 08:32:40 pm »

I have a pack of wolves, I think I can screw with their food. I'll leave the puppies in Adjilia and take the full grown ones with me.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 26, 2018, 08:56:13 am »

Year 110-111

The forces of Atlantis mustered in China. Massive reserves of food, horses, weapons and ammo were brought, and then intensely guarded. Apollo would soon lead an assault against the fortress of Dragon’s Tooth, backed by Atlantean army regulars. Generals with centuries of experience lead armies into the countryside burning villages and sacking cities.

But the forces of Atlantis were not unopposed.

So I figure one way to do this is to ask some questions to see how this war shapes out. If you are doing something else that’s also fine

Japanese forces: 20,000
Chinese: 80,000
1. What is your general strategy? Do you work alone or lead? Do you fight for every inch of ground, or do you prefer ambushes?
2. Do you try to save Dragon’s Tooth? Or are you willing to give it up to preserve your forces?
3. Are you willing to die in this fight? You are immortal, after all, and there are many battles ahead that will need you. This determines how long you will stay in a battle before withdrawing

If I help in this, I will be less effective, or I can be at full power when the Pharaohs plan happens

What do ya'll think?
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 26, 2018, 09:02:11 am »

Rest, Cody. Your stats stats are all at 2 right now, and you’re already heavily damaged; going in right now could potentially get you legitimately killed.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41