Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36236 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #270 on: April 23, 2018, 12:21:47 pm »

Oh the horror.

Anyway, I pinged C2 in Discord asking about other fortresses.

Basically, if they HAVE to take Dragon's Tooth, we can break their army with it. Even if we lose the fort, we can EASILY make them pay 4 and 5 to 1 (soldiers-wise).

It's just how siege warfare works. Taking fortresses is hideously expensive. A properly-built fortress is nothing more than a labyrinth of chokepoints, arrow slits, drawbridges, machicolations (those things that allow you to drop rocks, boiling oil, and the occasional spear down on enemies taking shelter against your walls or underneath your gatehouse), and literal false floors. Yes, there was at least one castle where a room had a fake floor, and if the enemy reached it you dropped the floor out from under them and let them fall, weighted by their armor, into a nice pit.

And then... THEEEEEEEN... we nuke it. Because the ONLY benefit of taking a fortress is that at least you have it so the enemy can't take it back... so let's blow it up.

Also, Sindari wolves? Canis lupus immortalis.

And amusingly enough, I believe that the Atlantians now fit the definition of a hybrid swarm between Cisharni and humans.

And they mentioned what, 40,000 Spartans? And they're all the children of Hera? Now, I doubt Cishnari gestation periods are any shorter than human ones, so that's at least 30,000 years right there. So did Hera just spawn in and, like, get to work, or are most of these 2nd or 3rd generations?

Which got me thinking... are Sindari-Cishnari hybrids possible?

Does anyone really want to find out?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 23, 2018, 12:24:31 pm »

No, we are not nuking fortresses. We're going to hold it, and force THEM to nuke it if they want to take it.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 23, 2018, 12:25:31 pm »

No, we are not nuking fortresses. We're going to hold it, and force THEM to nuke it if they want to take it.

No, we force them to take it, THEN we nuke it to get rid of whatever forces survived. A self-destruct.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 23, 2018, 12:26:51 pm »

...No.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 23, 2018, 01:28:52 pm »

You can call them werewolfs soon enough. I'm going to make a spell that lets them assume human form, so they can be my worshippers and I can get points. Also, Artemis is with Apollo, and she thinks like Rigel, strategical and somewhat evil.

Also, we can strait up Zerg rush them with magic wolves. It will be our equivalent of the Spartans.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:37:25 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 23, 2018, 02:00:36 pm »

Also, we can straight up Zerg rush them with magic wolves. It will be our equivalent of the Spartans.
I’m really pretty sure we cannot. At least, not yet.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 23, 2018, 02:01:28 pm »

Also, we can straight up Zerg rush them with magic wolves. It will be our equivalent of the Spartans.
I’m really pretty sure we cannot. At least, not yet.
Not yet, but I can get a lot of wolves.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 23, 2018, 02:07:28 pm »

No, we force them to take it, THEN we nuke it to get rid of whatever forces survived. A self-destruct.
How’s this: since we know how to set soul gems up to nuke everything, we can set a couple of them up at strategic points so that we can activate them if there is no better option. We have them as a “worst-case scenario” option. Godzilla Threshold-type stuff. We have the option available to us, but would prefer not to use it.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 23, 2018, 02:09:24 pm »

Are the teleport blockers down? Wait, Glass and I have both had a breeding pair of wolves for the past 10 years...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 02:12:53 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 23, 2018, 02:23:01 pm »

I don’t remember having wolves?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 23, 2018, 02:24:03 pm »

I gave you three, two 5/6 and a 4/6. The 5's were mates.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 23, 2018, 02:26:55 pm »

Ah.

So, C2, where are the wolf babies?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 23, 2018, 02:43:41 pm »

So, the most common wolf in Russia is the Eurasian wolf, a subspecies of the grey wolf. The average litter size for a grey wolf is 4-6 puppies, and the gestation period is 62-75 days. It takes 2 years for a female grey wolf to mature, and 3 for a male. Breeding season is January-March. I'm going to have a lot of wolves.

There is all the needed data. In populations of few wolves, females are more common. I think we should start a massive wolf breeding program in Adjilia, to get an army of death wolves.

P. S. I looked some stuff up, appearently evidence suggests that grey wolves can be crossbreeded with coyotes.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 03:10:54 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2018, 03:09:49 pm »

Using soul gems to make certain sections of supply lines impassable is a good idea.

Using soul gems to bring down avalanches, rockslides, and assorted other natural hazards on the Atlantean marching columns is similarly a good idea.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 23, 2018, 03:22:44 pm »

How’s this: since we know how to set soul gems up to nuke everything, we can set a couple of them up at strategic points so that we can activate them if there is no better option. We have them as a “worst-case scenario” option. Godzilla Threshold-type stuff. We have the option available to us, but would prefer not to use it.

Look, we're facing TWO HIGH-POWERED CISHARNI here. The way I see it, Dragon's Tooth is going down. The best we can do is cut our losses and run and do our best to make sure they go down with it.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41