Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Wamblers Revolt! [A 'God' game][Waitlist open]  (Read 10035 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wamblers Revolt! [A 'God' game][Waitlist open]
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2017, 11:25:05 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g

Find more essence dust stuff. Turn it into bombs.

Try to turn the soil peppers into bombs.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2017, 01:09:05 am »

"Hands off those peppers! We need those for food!"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2017, 01:16:46 am »

Immanuel Bunt the Philosopher

"Hands off those peppers! We need those for food!"
"Indeed, maybe you could work to improve the hand grenades instead?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2017, 05:26:17 am »

Wiggles the Magnificent, Crafter

Wiggles felt his stomach growl. Well that wouldn't do!

Forage for potential crops. Sample generously!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2017, 09:53:28 am »

You know, this is already starting to get bogged down into the same reason I lose interest when I play god games, so I hope you guys don't mind me shutting this down.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2017, 10:32:47 am »

You know, this is already starting to get bogged down into the same reason I lose interest when I play god games, so I hope you guys don't mind me shutting this down.
What reason is that, anyway? This is barely a god game.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2017, 11:42:18 am »

Well, I was hoping for backstabbing and shenanigans, but it kind of turned into an island simulator. :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2017, 11:50:30 am »

Well, I was hoping for backstabbing and shenanigans, but it kind of turned into an island simulator. :P
I am the guy that backstabs people tho
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2017, 11:53:33 am »

Well, I'll figure tomorrow whether this is just temporary depression or something.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2017, 12:21:49 pm »

I am the guy that backstabs people tho
If that's the case, encourage backstabbing and throne reclaiming. Add a 1 in 8 chance of spire claiming success to be doubled on a given turn! Killing another Wambler (when not in spire) gives 1 spire exclusive essence! Also, if the killed also had spire-exclusive essence, the killer takes one of them, too! Hide special Relics in that ruins and other places that give players special effects! A pot of concentrated essence that gives the holder 1 essence per turn until it empties! A cursed necklace guaranteed to have a bad effect, to put on another Wambler! A mere wand of fireball! The recipe for a potion of regeneration, a well kept secret! A map to a necromancer's treasure!

These are just examples, by the way.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2017, 12:25:40 pm »

And here I thought my cooking skills would be put to the good for everyone.
Well so be it. You'll all get diarrhea after the next few foodstuffs I have been cooking. That'll teach ya all for attempting to backstab me!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2017, 02:18:36 pm »

I was seriously considering disposal of our current king for being too weak and indecisive, but it felt like my only real option for regicide was "bumrush him for six turns and assume nobody else will have the stones to do the same to me." I don't think you gave the wamblers enough (explicit) options to make it anything but "wamblers faff about, bottleneck for essence expenditure also faffs about."

A lot of people dodged this and did stuff anyway, but at that point the stated purpose of the game (essence!) isn't really coming into play, which is wonky in its own right.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2017, 02:39:04 pm »

I was actually playing the long game. First turn, I did something silly ("hand grenades") to appear nonthreatening, to possibly cause chaos and to earn the GM's brownie points. Second turn, I made a move that leaves the others starving while I don't need to worry about it for a while. This turn would have been the first move of a two-step plan to keep distracting others from finding something to eat.

I was also planning to take the Spire after my first death, but I kept rolling remarkably well.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2017, 12:05:45 pm »

And here I thought my cooking skills would be put to the good for everyone.
Well so be it. You'll all get diarrhea after the next few foodstuffs I have been cooking. That'll teach ya all for attempting to backstab me!
Hey now, a well-fed enemy is a slow enemy.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2017, 12:09:06 pm »

Hey now, a well-fed enemy is a slow enemy.
A starved to-the-bone soldier is a useless soldier.

edit: And yes, I'm talking about our own.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7