Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: World Trek: Evolving Magic  (Read 27868 times)

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity Mansion : Evolving Magic
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2017, 06:34:02 am »

Shannon helps with the doors and finding some better rooms by opening as many doors as possible to see if we can get anything good out of Them. Following Rosie's Idea, closing them and opening them if they look dangerous.

Spell change: Touched target becomes understandable > Touched target becomes understandable permanently
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 07:26:36 am by darkgamer »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2017, 07:20:16 am »

opening the old barracks door
Don't you freaking dare.
Pick another door. I want my chances of return maximized and the probability that it cuts other people off in the process minimized.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2017, 10:27:02 am »

[can i still join or am i too late now...]
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2017, 12:09:48 pm »

Guys why not just do "caster returns to named target."
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2017, 12:19:50 pm »

We'd have to take time to evolve to that, and charge it up, and we'd still lose the barracks.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2017, 05:03:10 pm »

Whisperling enters.

Jeremiah checks his wounds which are numerous but shallow. Certainly those bleed, but he feels they will scab over soon. And while his suit has most definitely suffered damage, it's bigger loss on his diginity than his need to bind his wounds. The most serious wounds might actually be inside his lungs and those he can't heal on his own. Not very soon anyway.

The initial hall he found himself in is actually far narrower than morgue, so testing his wings is nearly impossible. In fact walking though morgue door too is a small test of agility before he figures out how to fold the wings properly and even then he needs to bow to get through unhindred.

Little Finger turns his attention towards the benches in the hall. They are simple indeed, but the nails used in construction are rather big. It takes some creative stress relieving violence to break one apart. Planks are too large to be used as a weapon even by adults, but feets make decent clubs. He picks up one and gives it few swings. The young boy nods satisfied; this will hurt someone's kneecaps.

Rosie starts finding useable rooms by repeatedly opening doors in light of Shannon's torch. First one in morgue appears to be some sort of underground tunnel with animal skeletons stuffed in carved alcoves. It also features dangerous looking cracks and fissures, so that's a "nope". Second attempt brings something more useful: a room made of so smoked logs that they are black. In middle of the room a burning brazier producing a lot of smoke, in ceiling are many metal hooks and many have big cured meat slabs hanging from them. There's a bag of coal for the brazier in one corner and a broom in another. Only other notable feature is fist sized square holes in walls leading to darkness. Well, that's a food problem solved, assuming nobody is a vegan.

With that done Rosie and Shannon both move back to the hall and start opening all doors there. The rejected rooms contain a big pile of gold guarded by a giant scorpion, apparent nest of giant carnivorous beetles and another treasure room guarded by some sort of fire elemental. Not obviously dangerous rooms are a treasure room, or perhaps a museum: perhaps twenty glass showcases containing various expensive looking necklaces, rings, crowns, earrings and unique looking gold and silver coins. Red velvet carpets between showcases prove this quite high value place.

Second room is what appears to be a familiar looking courtroom, the kind you expect you see in TV shows. Despite of the room not having any lamps or windows it is filled with pleasantly bright light. Third room is elementary school classroom. Small desks for kids, childrens drawings on walls... and some flowers, grass and moss growing in hexagram shape between desks. Far side of the class room is taken up by large windows, but there's nothing behind them but light.

Fourth room is a mess hall or canteen, though not a modern one. Oil lanterns hang from ceiling providing light and pleasing smell of food permeates the air. Foor is covered in flat yellow sand, without single sign of anyone ever walking there. Wooden walls, animal furs and other trophies hanging on walls give it a rather welcoming spirit.

Fifth and final door, opened by Shannon, leads surprisingly enough to the audience hall that Octavian is currently observing. *Insert akward silence here* Octavian stares intently at Shannon who's right on opposite side, just few meters away. Without breaking the eye contact Octavian takes shears from his belt and flicks them left, into midst of the stalagmites.

The door in barracks behind Octavian opens and through steps Walter. As the others before him, he too suddenly learns how to do magic.

Spoiler: Rooms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 05:04:46 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2017, 05:51:06 pm »

Removes door from hinges. Makes a disparaging remark about Shannon's parentage in Latin.

"Target becomes safe" (standard)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: how did you decide to have the thing happen with hall intersection?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 06:13:20 pm by Glass »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2017, 06:45:31 pm »

Modification:

"Pointed target thinks he has only 20 minutes to live"> "Pointed target thinks live"

Later will become knows and then i can make "target knows chemestry/martial arts/metalurgy/How to quack"

"I will check for boobytraps or alarms, maybe we should grab steaks in the smokehouse and store it in the trophy stuff."

*Check for traps in the rooms this order Smokehouse> mess hall> audience hall*

"Oh hey you, you found him again Shannon, come on here, is he understanding us?"

*Making a signal to approach if he comes without problem i will go back looking for traps in the museum/treasureroom/place where i know for certain that will have an alarm, he will look a bit angry in front of the classroom but step in it anyway*

"I am certainly not welcome there even in this crazy world."

Edit:

*When getting enough  charges anytime he will stop, heal jeremiah, and return*
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:33:35 am by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2017, 07:32:31 pm »

Removes door from hinges. Makes a disparaging remark about Shannon's parentage in Latin.

"Target becomes safe" (standard)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is a friendly reminder that octavian didn't actually see me close the door.

Modification:

"Pointed target thinks he has only 20 minutes to live"> "Pointed target thinks live"

Later will become knows and then i can make "target knows chemestry/martial arts/metalurgy/How to quack"

"I will check for boobytraps or alarms, maybe we should grab steaks in the smokehouse and store it in the trophy stuff."

*Check for traps in the rooms this order Smokehouse> mess hall> audience hall*

"Oh hey you, you found him again Shannon, come on here, is he understanding us?"

*Making a signal to approach if he comes without problem i will go back looking for traps in the museum/treasureroom/place where i know for certain that will have an alarm, he will look a bit angry in front of the classroom*

"I am certainly not welcome there even in this crazy world."

"I don't think so, He threw something though, looked like a blade. He might be dangerous" Shannon gets ready to close the door if he looks too aggressive.

Spell change: Touched target becomes understandable permanently > Touched named target becomes understandable permanently

« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 07:34:09 pm by darkgamer »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2017, 08:33:07 pm »

Walter takes a look around and tries to figure out how all the nearby rooms fit together. Then he closes and opens the door he came through until something non-dangerous and potentially useful pops up.

Magic stuff:
Original: The forearms of 1 random male nearby double in length.
Modification: The forearms of 1 targeted male nearby double in length.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 09:28:33 pm by Whisperling »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2017, 08:43:31 pm »

"Target becomes cat unless naked". Two more edits, and it'll become "target room becomes holeless". 1 edit away from making a room safe, regenerative, etc. AO, what's the natural duration for effects that target rooms?
"Door number 1,...nah, now...decent meats. Might be poisoned, but more suspicious are the holes in the wall.
Door two, door one for the hall, y'know what, ignore that last numbering. THIS is #1. Anyway, #1 is...nope....another treasure, no...treasure room, maybe? No apparent enemy, maybe some security system. Why were they all treasure rooms of sorts?
Door 2 for real, we got...a courtroom. Well, if we ever make some society in here, that would be a good place to settle disputes. No objections?
Door 3...paranormal Hebrew kindergarten? Well, risky. Someone keep an eye on it for now, in case the greenery keeps growing or something.
Door 4 was already open, so now to number 5...huh. Is it just me, or do all Romans look alike? Wait, that's the barracks...so...huh? This can't be coincidence, right? And who's the new guy? Welp, time for introductions, I'm Rosie, this kid's called Little Finger, the bleeding guy on the bench is Jeremiah, the lady's name I can't remember, and this soldier is some ancient Roman from before the English language. Don't ask, he won't understand.
...And now door 6....that's somewhere to eat. The sand is slightly suspicious, though. Finger's crossed...now, speaking of, Finger, just step in these rooms quickly and charge up your heals.
"

Check the spatial relationship between door 2, where the barracks were, and 5, which sorta leads to them now. Then enter the mess hall, cautiously, and observe things better from near the entrance.

Ninja: Whispering, I slept the elemental and closed the door that led to it, removing it from the current floor plan. Everyone's safe.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2017, 08:45:23 pm »

Ninja: Whispering, I slept the elemental and closed the door that led to it, removing it from the current floor plan. Everyone's safe.

Ah, all right.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2017, 08:47:52 pm »

Also, you showed up with me. Just FYI.
EDIT: please make sure Shannon doesn't close any more of these doors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2017, 04:50:46 am »

Generator gave me another Audience Hall that was sufficiently identical to the one you were watching so I figured I might as well reconnect you.

AO, what's the natural duration for effects that target rooms?

Should be about same as recharge rate of the relevant spell, but I probably have already forgotten entire effect by then.

Also since I wrote last turn after midnight I completely forgot to mention about one little detail: the moment Rosie and Shannon left morgue the smokehouse door closed itself. So the smokehouse is no longer in the floorplan.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2017, 05:14:11 am »

Jeremiah hops in and out of new rooms in until something happens.

Order: Courtroom, Classroom, Mess Hall, Smokehouse, Audience Hall, Treasure room

Spell change: Moss and Healing occur on named target's back.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20