Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: List of animal people with [NOFEAR]?  (Read 1919 times)

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
List of animal people with [NOFEAR]?
« on: July 19, 2017, 11:04:35 pm »

I'm reasonably sure that both the types of spider people have the [NOFEAR] tag, and I think mosquito people have it too, but I'm not really sure. I just don't want to have to worry about being murdered by bogeymen because my companions can't keep up with me.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: List of animal people with [NOFEAR]?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 12:34:48 am »

Archnids don't have fear, they cause fear. That includes scorpions, but not mosquitoes.You could also make your character impervious to fear as a character trait.

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 12:43:18 am »

You could also make your character impervious to fear as a character trait.
Does that actually make bogeymen friendly towards your adventurer? I may have to do !!SCIENCE!!.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 02:09:07 am »

Fear propensity affects your encounter rate with them, but being fearless by trait won't make them friendly when they do appear. You just aren't likely to see them unless you're in a biome with high savagery and/or evil. It's been rare for me even then.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 04:05:55 am »

Fear propensity affects your encounter rate with them, but being fearless by trait won't make them friendly when they do appear. You just aren't likely to see them unless you're in a biome with high savagery and/or evil. It's been rare for me even then.
That's not what the wiki says. Is it wrong? Lots of info there is wrong so it's not surprising. But this is a fairly new feature, rather than something outdated as is usually the case. You should fix it if you know otherwise.

NOFEAR:
"Creature doesn't feel fear and will never run away from battle. Additionally, it causes bogeymen to become friendly towards the creature."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 04:08:09 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 08:19:38 am »

That's not what the wiki says. Is it wrong? Lots of info there is wrong so it's not surprising. But this is a fairly new feature, rather than something outdated as is usually the case. You should fix it if you know otherwise.

NOFEAR:
"Creature doesn't feel fear and will never run away from battle. Additionally, it causes bogeymen to become friendly towards the creature."
That's correct for the NOFEAR token, but I was referring to the Fear Propensity trait: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Personality_trait#Facets

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 09:41:01 pm »

Bogeymen will kill honeybadgers.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 10:18:14 pm »

Bogeymen will kill honeybadgers.
Honey badgers don't have [NOFEAR]. And even if they did, bogeymen'd probably defend themselves if an enraged honey badger took a swipe at them.