Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Let's Talk Super Powers  (Read 29832 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Talk Super Powers
« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2017, 04:26:30 pm »

I'd start eating a keratin-rich diet, and shoot pointy tentacle claws from my fingernails.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2017, 04:27:28 pm »

What about someone that could completely control the growth of their keratin?

Pangolin playing on demand, no longer a functional need for clothes, instant functional claws, modular eyebrows.
The ability to strengthen and weaken your skin at will?
They would probably get kidnapped and forced to grow pangolin-esque scales and have them harvested over and over for the black-market

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2017, 06:04:43 pm »

Isn't that similar to Marrow from the X-men?

You could maybe do all kinds of cool shit with this if you could extrude with enough complexity and speed.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2017, 10:36:14 pm »

To make a long story short Marrow does stuff with calcium rather than keratin, two diffrent biological substances with fairly diffrent normal functions.

Edit: but yes similar, largest difference being that bones are inside of your body where is keratin covers a decent portion of the outside of your body if you count its inclusion in the epidermis.

I'm working with the assumption that it would still require energy to this so trying to do it constantly like it a fight might be exhausting unless you also had some other power that let you absorb energy from sunlight or something as a sipliment.

Anyway I had one other idea, what time do you think someone could have let the ability to implant thoughts and feelings into someone else's subconscious, or conscious  mind(without the ability to alter memory or take over a body or anything of that ilk) if that sounds too OP you could have it only actually work when the wielder touches someone else's skin or something similar.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:43:33 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 31, 2017, 08:42:40 am »

That guy has the same thing as aquaman. As in, depending on interpretation is either incredibly useless and weak (Aquaman:Can only control sea-creatures and/or lives in a world without Godzilla.) (FeelingGuy:Can only implant emotions/thoughts that you could tell are fake) or the most overpowered being ever (Aquaman:Can control anything with even a tangential connection to the sea (which, under current evolutionary theories, is all life on earth)(and yes this has existed) (FeelingGuy: Can give you pain and other types of sensations that fall under the category of feelings such as making you feel like your arms are gone, or making you feel like you need to vomit/use the bathroom or just make you feel like all your flesh is melting/burning off)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 31, 2017, 11:36:26 am »

You know what would be fun? Yoga powers like Dhalsim. You just, stretch your leg and kick someone in the face. It would be beautiful.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2017, 01:30:58 pm »

ALTOIDINATOR's abilities are powered by Menthol. His ability to absorb and amplify this effect drives him to consume mint-based products at extremely high concentrations, and his breath fumes can attain enough power to ignite steel, or propel himself through the air.

Other abilities include a MINT-FOG to obscure the vision of evildoers, and a BREATH-SHIELD where he briefly fills the immediate space in front of him with such high concentrations of gaseous menthol so as to slow down or dissolve solid objects.

*****This character was made for a tabletop superhero campaign. Also, does actual yoga involve stretchy leg kung fu because I may have to rethink my position on yoga.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 02:37:49 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2017, 06:04:50 pm »

THIS IS A GOOD THREAD.

This seems to be a detailed physical analysis of realistic Flash-like powers.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2017, 08:17:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is both horrific and useful.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2017, 06:52:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is both horrific and useful.

Reminds me of rifting like in the Flight Of The Silvers Series.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2017, 11:10:51 am »

So, on a somewhat relevant topic, you know how sonic can't swim? Well, although I'm no expert on the physics behind such things, would it be possible for sonic to propel himself around in water by spinning really fast, therefore swirling the water around him and propelling him

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 03, 2017, 01:48:11 pm »

Sounds plausible, afterall the only reason sonic couldn't swim was because the creators actually knew fairly little about hedgehogs when making the games, plus it made for a nice gimmicky weakness for an otherwise arguably overpower character.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 03, 2017, 04:36:30 pm »

I would take Sonic's powers in exchange for not being able to swim...

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2017, 04:57:30 pm »

Yes but locically if he was really moving as fast as he claims shouldn't he just be able to run OVER water, like a basilisk on steroids?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2017, 08:27:41 pm »

Yes but locically if he was really moving as fast as he claims shouldn't he just be able to run OVER water, like a basilisk on steroids?
He can, at least in several of the 3D games
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14