Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150427 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #1950 on: March 16, 2018, 09:17:09 am »

Draignean forgot to update our silk cost, among other errors.

Fixed, except for,

Any report from the Natalie scouting Unfinished?

You don't have one of those, to my knowledge. Feel free to correct me, but it isn't a part of your deployment plan, nor part of your prior deployments.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: March 16, 2018, 09:25:33 am »

Yeah, that Natalie was in the first (unused) NAV plan, not the second.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: March 16, 2018, 09:50:57 am »

Whoops.

I have realized three things of varying importance regarding Viper loadouts.
1. We will most likely have a prototype lance cannon that we can put on a Viper this turn. Don't want to send the prototype of an unfinished project into combat though so we would have to finish the project before it sees combat next turn, which is doable.
2. The Viperidae has 8 normal trim webs. We have 10 topaz trim webs in storage. We can swap those onto Viperidae for a free.
3. We have 3 topaz kettleguns. These should be shared between our 3 royal vipers instead of all put on the same viper. Same reason as the vanguards.

We have one more turn of refitting to make these improvements while we finish the new viper.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: March 17, 2018, 04:29:12 am »

Meat Growing Standardisation
For many hundreds of years have the different vatteries plies their trade, from the very highest Royal brand high spire meat, with their trademark gold seal, waxed paper packages and distinctly red meats, to Mannford and Ulris boxed baked nutrimeal, and its grey warning label stating “may contain unnattentive vat worker”. Everyone eats, and only the highest of the high don’t eat vat grown. Which means that everyone else has a grab bag, leaving some hale and hearty while others are thin and pale.

Collating the various recipes, vat designs, paste accumulation techniques, drying and baking protocol and even advertising and packaging notes, and passing them through a fine toothed comb to pick out all the details needed, will be a great boon to the nation. Variances in flavour and texture can remain to leave competition, but setting a baseline standard and proliferating it to the whole population will both increase the knowledge of meat growing, and with it all bio production, but will also increase the overall health, happiness and productivity of the population.

Everyone needs to eat, so let’s ensure they eat well.

With the proliferation and standardisation of biovat production we hope to establish a baseline for further research and expansion, increase material production on a small scale, and increase the productivity of strenuous activities such as mining via a better diet.

A one dice revision idea

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: March 17, 2018, 04:07:05 pm »

Trim turret gearing

The kettle gun, the vanguard, and every other turret design currently in service, have a key weakness. They’re glacial in pace. A system of hand cranks to adjust rotation and vertical positioning means it’s normally much easier to point the ship at the target rather than the gun itself. But not for long.

The rotational force a ships gunner can put out at speed is not particularly great, especially when fighting against the various forces thrust upon him. So two very small trim sets attached to both cranks, hooked up to switches on the cannon itself, can increase the rate at which it turns incredibly, for a very minor cost. And while this is relatively innacurate, the gunner needs to apply only a small adjustment at the end to get the gun sighted.

The revision proposal Nav wanted

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: March 17, 2018, 08:49:50 pm »

Bronze Cotton

Following our developments of Bronzewood, our botanics have decided to pursue the same endeavor with our cotton plantations, in order to grow a nonflammable, insulator and way more resistant material that could be made into uniforms for for use in extremely hot or cold environments, as well as provide decent protection against our enemies´ guns.

I dunna know if this is a project or not, but I guess we could follow it by this revision

Hazard Bronzecotton Suits

Expanding on our Bronze cotton uniforms, we have made vat suits out of the material, with a thick glass visor and connected to oxygen tanks wore at the back. The suit is equipped with waste disposal methods that enable to shit and pee without getting the suits off, storing it into a secondary container which then can be opened to the exterior to dispose of the waste. The soldier can wear a bottle of water and liquid soup or other suitable food on their back packs as well, which can be suck by straws in the inside of the suit (one colored blue for water, the other colored red for food).

I am new to the game, so please fell free to critique.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: March 18, 2018, 04:11:03 pm »

Topaz Lance
Progress: 16/25
The original testing model of the lance, little more than a speed grown crystal locked into a copper frame and trailing wiring hooked up to the first available core, is replaced with a prototype that should closely resemble the lance cannon that will be produced once research is complete. Currently there is considerable difficult with the new lance matrix that interferes with the aetheric discharge, but once the last few kinks are worked out there, it should be ready for deployment.

Spire Kasgyre's Production stands at
13(+10)/y Crystal, 12/115 Banked
17/y Ore, 23/85 banked
19/y Wood, 19/95 banked
10/y Silk, 20/50 banked

It is now the revision phase. You have 1 die to spend.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goods Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 04:42:49 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: March 18, 2018, 04:20:48 pm »

Thats more than half finished! Can we put the prototype on a ship now? It would be a great addition tothe next battle. We would have to be sure to finish the project next design phase so we don't risk losing it though.

Trim Turret Gearing: (1) NAV
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: March 18, 2018, 04:54:43 pm »

What about for this revision we try to devise a suit that can be useful to withstand the temperatures at hot Spire?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: March 18, 2018, 05:03:14 pm »

I suggested a Burned Mountain survival kit design a turn or so back. I think it'd be better as a design, as it'll allow us to fit several different aspects in (coolant crystals, gas masks and canaries) that can then be used in different situations.

I can't wait for a squad of kasgyrites to march through the blistering heat of the enemy cannons, when they thought they were safe.

Trim Turret Gearing: (2) NAV, Kashyyk
[/quote]

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: March 18, 2018, 05:05:41 pm »

We are about to land in the UF, so maybe something to help with the unknown conditions there?

There won't be an aerial engagement during this turn.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: March 18, 2018, 05:27:38 pm »

Trim Turret Gearing: (3) NAV, Kashyyk, banelord
We may well face aerial trouble at the unfinished as we’ve seen the enemy has resources coming out of there.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: March 18, 2018, 05:37:01 pm »

Trim Turret Gearing: (4) NAV, Kashyyk, banelord, Jerick

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: March 18, 2018, 05:49:42 pm »

I don't support a landing at Unfinished. It would be a complete waste of troops, equipment, and transport capacity. At most I would support sending our small transport full of marines armed with only slings.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: March 18, 2018, 06:19:17 pm »

I don't support a landing at Unfinished. It would be a complete waste of troops, equipment, and transport capacity. At most I would support sending our small transport full of marines armed with only slings.
This was the whole plan though. The entire enemy fleet is at the TC, and they cant reach the UF in time for this turn. We have a massive opening to land in full force in one of thier spires, destroy thier docks and shut down their resource production entirely.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 178