Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150282 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2017, 04:09:28 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2017, 04:32:50 pm »

Alright, I'll lock things in soon.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2017, 05:07:06 pm »

(God would like to reiterate his desire for write-ups. Just a single line...)
Medium Crystal Stabilization
Efficacy: 5

Focused research onto how and why the prototype destabilizes has at least lead to a certain understanding of the process, and beginnings of remedial measures. The dsynchronization, as expected, is a direct result of the bonding process and relates the max power input each crystal could normally accept if left alone.

The current explanation is that while Granny Spark acts as a single crystal for most intents and purposes, the original sub-crystals still have certain input and output limits. When exceeded, there's a strong chance that the originals will have a small overload and desynchronizing, creating aetheric eddies within the crystal which contribute nothing except for inefficiencies.

For now, the best measure is to simply adjust the I/O mountings for the Core Crystal into a tripartite configuration, but this simply reduces the chance for the desynchronization to occur (down to about a third of the original chance)- it does not remove the problem or make it easier to fix when it occurs.

It is now the special pre-war Construction Phase. Any ships/marines you create during this phase will be immediately available in the following deployment and tactics phase.

You will start with 10 Skiffs made in the default pattern, and 15 marines ready to be outfitted.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2017, 05:11:09 pm »

Draig, can we expect some form of resistance from the local demispires, or will unequipped marines be enough to capture them?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2017, 05:22:41 pm »

Argh, no!!

I was about to make a rousing speech and inspire people to bank both dice instead! Damn my slow commute times!

Anyways, fluff incoming. Brace yourself.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2017, 05:29:55 pm »

We can afford to provide melee weapons for all our marines while also building several transports and providing a few witch-hunters to some of our marine units. If we're willing to hold back a few marine units we could definitely outfit our current ones well.

That being said, how many marine units fit into an individual transport Draignean? I think that's going to influence some decisions.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2017, 05:34:17 pm »

Once a project reaches 50% completion, the team gets a prototype. The prototype gets three rolls: Efficacy, Cost, and Bugs. These are all fairly self explanatory and (barring revision) represent the final product. Higher efficacy means it's a better product, higher cost roll means its cheaper, and a higher bugs roll means that it's got fewer unexpected kinks to iron out. As long as you do not deploy the prototype, you can make revisions to it what will effect the final product of the project.

If you choose to deploy the prototype, either because you're satisfied with the design or because you're in desperate need of an edge, you cannot rebuild it after it's destroyed/lost. Large objects, like heavy weapons or ships, get a single prototype. Small objects, like jetpacks or experimental body armor, get enough to outfit a single fireteam.

Can we still deploy the prototype(s) as a free unit even after the design is in production?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2017, 05:41:29 pm »

The description says a transport can hold 6 units of cargo, so assumedly that is 6 units of marines?

Idk if their gear takes any cargo space or if they just keep it with them though.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2017, 05:44:57 pm »

As courtesy of the OP, each marine unit requires 2 units of cargo. That covers an arbitrary amount of gear for that squad. Individual cargo points are more useful later on when you're shipping updated equipment to existing marine divisions.
---

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr | War Begins! 353 AR
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2017, 05:50:19 pm »

Okay, I've combined our designs into the spoiler below, and updated the currently available resources as well.

Spire Kasgyre's production stands at,
11/y Crystal, 36/55 Banked
10/y Ore, 34/50 banked
11/y Wood, 40/55 banked
9/y Silk, 36/45 banked

Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2017, 06:10:19 pm »

Right, should should make things... somewhat less expensive to roll out. And Thanks for the tech sheet Kashyyk, that should make things easier to work with. Also, note to self; see if we can't turn our kettle guns into man-portable artillery; THAT should certainly help our marines out. Also, it seems like we have a lot of silk production but not much to use for it. We should develop better ways of making use of it.

Quote from:  Kasgyr's Glory: Small Unit Warfare
2x Transport Barge (W/Small Core Crystal, Small Lift Crystal, 2 Trim Crystals & 1 ream of webbing) [Total cost: 14 wood, 8 ore, 20 crystal, 4 Silk]
(32 Silk, 20 Crystal, 32 Ore, 28 wood)

6x Bronze Breastplate and Helm (Ranking Officer only), 6x Witch Hunter Crossbows (Squad), 6x Bronze Cutlass (Full unit), 1x Aethersilk Vests (Everyone) [Total Cost: 30 Ore, 12 Wood, 16 Silk]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 08:29:32 pm by Taricus »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2017, 07:22:25 pm »

The fluff is here, bearing the GM seal of cannon approval for all world related elements.

Spoiler: Fluff bit (click to show/hide)

Edit: Feedback is appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:26:08 pm by helmacon »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2017, 07:27:36 pm »

The fluff is here, bearing the GM seal of cannon approval for all world related elements.

It does not bear my seal of cannon approval. There are no cannons in it, and I cannot approve of nonexistent cannons! Good day, sir!

It does, however, get my seal of canon approval for being kosher with the world related elements.

Okay, I've combined our designs into the spoiler below, and updated the currently available resources as well.

You're a good person, and for this I will not refer to you in the future as Kathryn, which I admit I had planned to do.

Draig, can we expect some form of resistance from the local demispires, or will unequipped marines be enough to capture them?

Your own territories? Yes.

All of the belt will contain some native resistance.

Once a project reaches 50% completion, the team gets a prototype. The prototype gets three rolls: Efficacy, Cost, and Bugs. These are all fairly self explanatory and (barring revision) represent the final product. Higher efficacy means it's a better product, higher cost roll means its cheaper, and a higher bugs roll means that it's got fewer unexpected kinks to iron out. As long as you do not deploy the prototype, you can make revisions to it what will effect the final product of the project.

If you choose to deploy the prototype, either because you're satisfied with the design or because you're in desperate need of an edge, you cannot rebuild it after it's destroyed/lost. Large objects, like heavy weapons or ships, get a single prototype. Small objects, like jetpacks or experimental body armor, get enough to outfit a single fireteam.

Can we still deploy the prototype(s) as a free unit even after the design is in production?

Yes. Though free is usually an overstatement when considering project costs.

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2017, 07:29:32 pm »

Nice writing Helmacon, a few odd errors here and there but nothing jarring or that breaks the entire thing.

Though I have to ask, does the admiral have an impressive handlebar moustache? :P

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 19, 2017, 07:39:58 pm »

Nice writing Helmacon, a few odd errors here and there but nothing jarring or that breaks the entire thing.

Though I have to ask, does the admiral have an impressive handlebar moustache? :P
I'll leave that to you imagination for now. :p
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 178