Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 57730 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 1)
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2017, 06:31:01 pm »

Capture a chunk in my staff. If it is still alive and angry, have the container of moving metal I have it trapped in stab it repeatedly till it dies.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2017, 09:46:01 pm »

Juniper, confident in her movement abilities, exits the shuttle, dashes up to the hostile, and electrocutes it. Preferably by direct contact, unless that seems particularly dangerous.

[Dexterity: 5-2]

As you dash out of the shuttle, one of your legs momentarily seizes up, causing you to fall flat on your face!

So much for fully functional movement. You also hear a slight buzz coming from the area in your side where the symbiote is.

Try to wake up?

[Will:8+1]

You wake up to Doc dragging you away from the monster, with a small message showing up at the base of your helmet. It reads,

"WARNING: EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS ACTIVATED. 2 HOURS OF AIR REMAINING"

That doesn't seem good.

Go save august! If their helmet shatters, we will be down a man and our chances of surviving as a whole will drop significantly!

[Dexterity: 7]
[?, Strength: 2+?]

You narrowly dodge a swing of the monster's meaty fists as you dash over to August.

[Strength: 8+1]

Grabbing onto her feet, you manage to drag her away from the combat zone as you see INVICTUS's alien cane shoot past your head.

Capture a chunk in my staff. If it is still alive and angry, have the container of moving metal I have it trapped in stab it repeatedly till it dies.

[Alien Weapons: 8+1]
[?, Dexterity: 1+?]

The metal shifts and lengthens as it shoots out towards the creature, tearing a sizable chunk out of it's side about the size of a watermelon! You then quickly retract the metal to cane form, albeit now with a huge bulge containing the flesh near the bottom.

The monster is beginning to teter and wobble from the sustained damage.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2017, 09:50:37 pm »

-Rendered Moot-
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:28:27 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2017, 10:06:19 pm »

(Aren't you fine Glass?)

"Well, I now have two hours of air left. Which might become problematic."

Shoot the thing again, and then look around the landing craft to see if there is any way to patch up my suit.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2017, 10:08:10 pm »

No. I got slammed with a hunk of cancerous meat that the thing tore off its body and threw at me, and now I'm unconscious with a cracked helmet.
-Rendered Moot-
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:28:34 pm by Glass »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2017, 10:09:59 pm »

Look around the area; make sure no other hostiles are approaching my teammates. Then, monitor the big hostile, calling out its movements to my teammates who might be a bit too busy to keep a constant eye on it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2017, 10:11:29 pm »

"August needs help! Her faceplate is about to shatter and her oxygen is probably almost out because of all the cracks in it!"
get her back inside the shuttle and try to find a replacement helmet, or at least some way of sealing the cracks in the faceplate!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2017, 10:25:51 pm »

No. I got slammed with a hunk of cancerous meat that the thing tore off its body and threw at me, and now I'm unconscious with a cracked helmet.

...that's Rautherdir. You're fine.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2017, 10:27:53 pm »

*looks back*
*facepalms*
Ok. Thanks.

Shoot it again.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2017, 09:39:38 am »

*Yawn*

"Well, I got the sample and the critter seems rather injured. I'll let the rest of you handle this"

Walk back into the ship and try to find some good place to store this sample. Any good containers around here?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2017, 12:43:59 pm »

Don't be next to the creature when it dies. After it dies, reclaim my knife if it's safe.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2017, 02:41:44 pm »

(Aren't you fine Glass?)

"Well, I now have two hours of air left. Which might become problematic."

Shoot the thing again, and then look around the landing craft to see if there is any way to patch up my suit.

As Doc drags you back to the shuttle, you fire off a few parting shots at the creature.

[Conventional Weapons: 2]
[?, Dexterity: 8+?]

You miss by at least 20 feet. Wow.

Anyway, once you are inside you help Doc find some repair equipment. You find some tape, some glue, and a blowtorch.

Look around the area; make sure no other hostiles are approaching my teammates. Then, monitor the big hostile, calling out its movements to my teammates who might be a bit too busy to keep a constant eye on it.

[Insight: 6-2]

You don't see nuthin' approaching.

You do, however, see the creature lumbering around towards Darwin, and you yell out so accordingly.

"August needs help! Her faceplate is about to shatter and her oxygen is probably almost out because of all the cracks in it!"
get her back inside the shuttle and try to find a replacement helmet, or at least some way of sealing the cracks in the faceplate!

As August takes some potshots at the beastie, you drag her back to the shuttle.

[Strength: 6+1]

Inside the shuttle, you find a roll of tape, some glue, and a blowtorch.

*looks back*
*facepalms*
Ok. Thanks.

Shoot it again.

[Conventional Weapons: 2+1]

Your shot is ruined by the creature suddenly swinging towards Darwin! How unfortunate.

[-2s ammo]

*Yawn*

"Well, I got the sample and the critter seems rather injured. I'll let the rest of you handle this"

Walk back into the ship and try to find some good place to store this sample. Any good containers around here?

You amble past August and Doc, and deposit the sample within one of the spare cryopods. That settles that.

Don't be next to the creature when it dies. After it dies, reclaim my knife if it's safe.

To your considerable surprise, the creature isn't dead yet! Warned by Juniper, you try to dance away from it as it starts to spew bile everywhere.

[Dexterity: 8]

As you dodge the bile, you notice a significant portion of it is seeping out of the hole in it's neck! The liquid seeps down into the wounds on the monster's chest, where it hisses and steams as the creature writhes in obvious agony. Then, it becomes still.

Well that settles tha...

BOOM!

Chunks of meat and organs explode from the body, splattering you in blood and flesh! As some of the meat rockets towards you, you can't help but notice that it's... glowing. Fortunately, you had moved far enough away to avoid getting caught in the blast.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2017, 02:49:35 pm »

...So. I guess we're supposed to take samples?
Let's do this quickly, then...

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2017, 03:35:45 pm »

the glue and tape are our best bet for sealing the cracks. The blowtorch is a bit too risky since using it to seal the tape against the faceplate might cause the glass to splinter even worse.

Start by applying glue across the faceplate along the cracks, then apply the tape on top of it to keep it from being pushed out by gases while it sets. It won't be perfect, but it will keep her alive longer at the very least.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2017, 07:33:14 pm »

"Well I hope that explosion means the fight is over for now. Our current objective is to get fixed up so that we can take samples from the actual organism that caused this. From what I've seen, killing the cause would probably best be accomplished with a tailored bio-weapon, so we'll only really need genetic samples, and samples of whatever is causing the rampant mutations. What we have now probably won't be enough."

Assist with the effort to repair my suit.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33