Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Mad Max With Wizards: I need opinions  (Read 7095 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Max With Wizards: I need opinions
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2017, 11:40:34 pm »

Beastly, Useless, Fragile, Loud, Explosive, Gassius, Toxic, Hungry, Tiny, Dead, Undead, Wall
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2017, 03:01:33 am »

Fan.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2017, 09:19:13 pm »

Fan.
Machine or person who enjoys something?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2017, 09:51:10 pm »

Fan.
My instant thought is that there should be some Questionable ones like that that could be taken either way based off context, or be fucked with randomly by you because you think Definition (B) is the more amusing one at the moment. ""I CAST HUGE WIND FAN!!!" (4) A Guy who is Really interested in Tornadoes appears."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2017, 11:22:57 pm »

It doesn't really make sense that all the same synonyms that exist in english would also be in the magic language. Really magic should have no synonyms, because the universe can't afford to make those mistakes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2017, 11:29:44 pm »

"I cast Great Cake"

"You get a giant horrifying hellhound, as in the magic language, Cake and Hellhound use the same word."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2017, 01:42:28 am »

Fan.

Yes.

Though in context of magic latter doesn't really make much sense. Magic doesn't have to be able to do everything. It's fine if magic is limited. That's one great truth I have realized in my pursue for perfect magic system.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2017, 08:52:13 am »

Imagine a Perplexicon where words had double meanings. They don't even have to be equally likely! That word for Wood everyone ignored could be the coveted Transform Self one time out of ten. Orichalcum might make great armor, but it'll probably end up as a non-mechanical vacuum. Even the most knowledgeable and rather powerful players can have spells not work right. There might even be a word with triple meanings that goes under the radar. A word's meanings might even depend on the situation! The Hellhound/cake word might mean Cake more often when there's an organic component to the spell. Dragon might never be a word's meaning while the caster wants to harm someone.

On this topic, why not allow for differing pronounciations of spells? Kelhein, the word for bottle/repeating, could be bottle more often when said as Kelhëin, and repeating more often as Këlhein. Or the new pronounciations could just be nonmagical, removing the component from a spell entirely. And so on.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2017, 09:18:00 am »

I'm running through both Perplexicon and Perplexicon RV's lists and creating new words as well. I'm trying to cut some things that will never be of use to anyone and put some things in that could be.  One thing I'm putting in that wasn't in past incarnations is "machine" type words, such as Pump, Pipe, Fan and Conveyor.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2017, 03:18:39 pm »

I'd definitely enjoy some magic machinery. Create a Da Vinci-esque flying machine with the power of your mind!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2017, 06:19:06 pm »

I'd definitely enjoy some magic machinery. Create a Da Vinci-esque flying machine with the power of your mind!
I'd prefer an automated booze-tree planter. Speaking of, will booze trees still be possible in this system?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2017, 07:18:34 pm »

What were the words used for that manned turret in the original perplexicon?  The one intended to get people to branch out?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2017, 11:57:26 pm »

What were the words used for that manned turret in the original perplexicon?  The one intended to get people to branch out?

Something something machine arcane energy, I think.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2017, 06:28:13 am »

Correct.

The machine word would allow for the automation of things. Null used it to make a cannon by automating the creation of Arcane beams.

It probably had more to it, because it had a form and material different from the one it produced, and spells generally only resulted in materials used in the spell; "Plant Control Staff" resulted in a tree staff which could control plants, while... I forget the exact words, but I had made a couple rings which controlled materials aside from the one they were made of, and they needed that material specified.

Vehicle would be a good word.  Different varieties of vehicle (Car, motorcycle, tank, helicopter, etc...) might be better, but I think it'd be cool if it worked similarly to clockwork, creating a mechanical form based upon the words used.  A tank would result from "Great Tough Steel Vehicle", while a helicopter would be "Levitating Adamantine Vehicle", a motorcycle from a poor roll with good words...

Other machines are somewhat difficult to apply well.  How much use is a conveyor belt for a wizard?  Why would someone summon a functional one, rather than one made out of lava?  Same for the fan, or pump, when would it be usable?  Maybe someone could create some sort of jury rigged aircraft out of a really big fan, I guess.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2017, 08:51:58 am »

Bicycle, motorcycle, car, truck, tank, boat, helicopter, airplane, train...

The vehicles are different enough that they deserve separate words.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6