Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: does anyone have a copy of this mod?  (Read 651 times)

Sisyphean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
does anyone have a copy of this mod?
« on: July 04, 2017, 05:42:19 am »

so i fancied playing a dinosour themed fortress and when searching found this mod

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=45271.0

it looks to me to be everything i want and more but obviously its out of date and unfortunately the files are no longer available. the reason i want the files is that i have a couple of months of free time this summer and this looks so good i want to bring it up to date. i have no experience with modding so building from the ground up would be incredibly difficult. if i had the origional files though i would have at least the building blocks to work with and would have a means of working out what i need to learn and how to mod something as comprehensive as this mod.

does anyone here have a copy ferreted away on their HD somewhere? and if not can anyone give me some pointers on how to start building this mod again from the ground up?

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
Re: does anyone have a copy of this mod?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 07:56:15 am »

Luckily the only problem with the mod availability seems to be that the link got broken at some point. I found the entry on the new site here if you want to download it: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=1627

As for building from the ground up, I'd suggest reading the wiki's modding guide (also making use of the creature tokens reference there), as well as taking a look at the creature raws for base game creatures and similar creatures that other players might've created. If you run into problems then chances are there'll be someone in the creature & entity questions thread who'll be able to answer any questions you might have.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:05:22 am by Atkana »

Sisyphean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 01:11:30 pm »

thankyou thats really awesome. ive been reading the wiki a bit and im pretty confident ill be able to re-build the mod. having a copy will give me at least a basis with which to work from, even it im uilding from the ground up anyway ill at least have some inspiration and the names and basic characteristics to go by.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 02:19:08 pm »

If you want up to date dinosaurs, this mod has realistic ones, and this one I made has Jurassic Park versions. Feel free to steal mine.

Note:Eotyrannus' Ancient Mammals pack is a bit out of date.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 02:21:08 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sisyphean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 03:34:08 pm »

If you want up to date dinosaurs, this mod has realistic ones, and this one I made has Jurassic Park versions. Feel free to steal mine.

Note:Eotyrannus' Ancient Mammals pack is a bit out of date.

oooh thankyou i may use them as place holders once i start building the core of the mod up :D my main interest is making the various civs like velociraptors and orkks work. i do hope to completely rebuild the origional mod from the ground up but havin no previous modding experience it will take some time

if/when i have a working prototype and if i use your pack ill obviously be crediting you. but ill post a new topic for the mod when i get to that stage