Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Heretical Chaos Cult [Warhammer 40k SG][2nd Edition]  (Read 1810 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Heretical Chaos Cult [Warhammer 40k SG][2nd Edition]
« on: July 03, 2017, 12:20:02 am »

In the nightmare of the fortieth millennium, The Imperium Of Man knows no respite. For generations the Imperium of Man has waged a hopeless war on all sides, slowly crumbling to many threats, both within and without. Every hour the Imperium comes closer to its demise, billions of tormented souls cry out for mercy, for protection from their Emperor. Their holy, almighty Emperor who can do wrong, watches over all, and protects his people. Yet the Emperor has done nothing to protect his chosen people. Instead, he watches as millions are ripped apart by the Tyranid swarms, and the Ork hordes. He sits idle as the Eldar and Necron devastate whole worlds in their vengeful wrath.

Why, you wondered. You unquestioningly believed in the Emperor's Truth and knew his power. But one day, when you'd planned to kill yourself in doubt, a voice spoke, and showed you a better way. At first you thought yourself mad, but the voice was very persuasive, and it told you of power, unimaginable power, to be yours for the taking. It told you of the truth, that the Emperor was no more than a rotting carcass. It showed you images of yourself, with all you've ever wanted, and more. The voice helped you realize the true might of the Ruinous Powers, and before leaving you, it gave you a holy gift, and one last command.

"Spread Chaos, and more yet shall come."

Before that voice spoke to you, you were but a man, one of countless trillions. A single resident of the Imperium, the final bastion of mankind, no more than a grain of sand in the desert, but now? Now? Now you are so much more than you ever could've imagined. For once your life has purpose, your life has meaning. An all-consuming passion burns within your very soul, you serve one far beyond yourself, and most of all, you have something to live for; You will see the Imperium of Man ground to naught but dust and ashes, or you will perish in the attempt.

Before you can begin your Black Crusade, you must first know yourself,

What is your name?

If one were to look upon you, what would they see?

For how many years have you toiled in the Corpse-Emperor's name?

What are three skills you've become adept at through the course of your life?

What kind of Imperial World do you find yourself in?

A) Feral World: A primal and untamed world, here, mankind has regressed to a wild and savage state. The world is primitive, metal, let alone technology, is unheard of, superstition runs rampant, and agriculture, if present, has only just begun.
B) Feudal World: A crude and brutal world, here, mankind has regressed to medieval feudalism. The world is divided among a great many squabbling kingdoms, and a strict hereditary nobility oppresses the peasantry.
C) Civilized World: A simple and average world, here, mankind has achieved a 20th century standard of living, and a select few have access to advanced off-world relics. The world is calm at the moment, yet a tipping point is imminent.
D) Hive World: A crowded and bustling world, here, mankind has achieved a solid grasp of Imperial technology, and its population numbers in the hundreds of billions. The world is imperfect, and with all its numbers, some are bound to fall through the cracks.

Lastly, which of the Ruinous Powers spoke to you?

A) Khorne, the Blood God.
B) Nurgle, the Plague Lord.
C) Slannesh, the Dark Prince of Chaos.
D) Tzeentch, the Changer of Ways.

E) Each of The Four, Chaos Undivided.

Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 12:50:11 am by Ardent Debater »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Underhive Chaos Cult [Warhammer 40k SG][2nd Edition]
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 12:43:26 am »

Name: Lyana
Appearance: A young, dark haired woman with dark skin and average build. Her eyes are grey, and she bears an intricate patterned tattoo on her back left shoulder.
Skills: Pilot, Communication, Marksman. (Previous occupation was military pilot before dishonorable discharge.)
World Type: Civilized World. 

Ruinous Power: None, for now. A rebel without a cause.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 12:53:03 am »

Appearance: A young, dark haired woman with dark skin and average build. Her eyes are grey, and she bears an intricate patterned tattoo on her back left shoulder.
Skills: Pilot, Communication, Marksman. (Previous occupation was military pilot before dishonorable discharge.)

Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 01:08:11 am »

Given that direct patronage of a singular chaos god is actually kinda rare, I'm gonna +1 this.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 02:04:56 am »

+1. Can't wait for the Chaos tug of war for this girl's soul that's gonna happen eventually.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 05:45:15 am »

1+

I get an odd feeling that Tzeench or Slaanesh will come after them at some point, along with the other chaos gods, but I get the feeling that those two have the best chance for some reason....
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heretical Chaos Cult [Warhammer 40k SG][2nd Edition]
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 11:18:49 am »

I dig it.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 11:24:18 am »

Sounds good enough to me.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 04:09:48 pm »

+1

Avanti!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 04:25:37 pm »

PTW.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 04:07:58 pm »

+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 09:03:25 pm »

+1
+1
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 01:08:20 am »

...Hello? You there Ardent?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 05:50:56 am »

If there is still room, this could be interesting, ((can I be an EX Sanctioned Psycher or is that too strongk? I can change it some if it is))

Name: Florina Titus

Appearance: White haired and Black eyed, Florina is at the moment mostly unassuming as she has ditched her old uniform

Skills Psycher, Melee weapons, Deception

Florina Hails from a Feudal World

Tzeentch spoke to florina of emancipation from the Imperiums ever watchful eyes if she would just follow thier plans
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 08:06:22 am »

It's a suggestion game.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: [1] 2