Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]  (Read 29364 times)

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]
« Reply #270 on: July 07, 2017, 01:14:04 pm »

Kaito checked his rifle, his demeanor hardening. "This is neither the time nor the place for fighting each other. We have a much more important target at the moment. Try not to be a liability." He'd nod once he was sure his rifle was set, then motioned to the others on the flanking squad to follow, heading down the corridor to look for another ladder or vent.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2017, 05:32:36 pm »

Posting on behalf of Abe, who's account is still pending verification:

Stella decides to ignore the bickering and continue on. After all, it might help the robot with target acquisition if it can identify sources of voices.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 07, 2017, 05:34:26 pm »

The computer display lit up.

Main Force:
Sertan Tarf
Vigil Henderson
Ricardo De Castillo
Johnathan Cross

Flanking Team:
Kaito Yorito
Stella Evenglide
Danh Loi
Frazz Goldman

Watch Flank:
John Boiy
Wolfram von Steinheil
Ian Klemmer

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 07, 2017, 05:54:44 pm »

Sertan devised a plan to keep the drone distracted, firing into the hole periodically to keep it's sensors locked, waiting for a target. He and the others executed it adequately, the occasional laser streaking down brightly, but injuring no one. [Total 60 - success. Sertan won the roll-off to lead the excercise]

The flank team crept through the station, arriving at pair of ladders. They climbed up, one by one, moving into cover as Stella prepared to take her shot. Above them, a broad open window showed a distant pair of stars partially occluded by an asteroid... then another, all around.

The larger spider droid swiveled and faced the team, firing a laser into him, sweeping his arm. His gun drops from his hand, floating across the room as the comm picked up a grunt of pain, and heavy breathing. [flank team 30, failure. Kaito lost the roll-off and took a hit. His arm is injured and can't really be used, and he has -10 dicetype from pain to do anything else.]

[As always, feel free to post your actions during and/or after the rolled activities]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 06:13:45 pm by retromach »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 07, 2017, 06:08:44 pm »

"HEY! Eyes over here." Vigil yelled as he Pulled out his gun, firing it at the thing as he rushed upwards, ready to ditch it, pull out his sword, and torpedo at it. ((I am assuming that, in zero G, the ladder is in an inclosed space, and, also, there is a wall behind that he can kick off of.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 07, 2017, 06:45:24 pm »

"Gauss that thing!" Danh yells, following Virgil's example (but attempts to leap upwards, as opposed to towards it), spraying at the drone with his PDW.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 07, 2017, 08:11:03 pm »

Posting on behalf of Abe, who's account is still pending verification:

"That's the plan," Stella replies as she tries to do just that.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #277 on: July 07, 2017, 08:52:48 pm »

"Vigil you little prick" Ricardo calls as he rushes after vigil with his guandao out
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 07, 2017, 09:27:18 pm »

Kaito hissed and tried to back into cover, tensing as he tried to keep quiet. "You got this stella.... or should I try to spot? Gah... at least lasers usually cauterize.." He'd settle in to try and feed data, doing his best to keep his mind off the pain. Just... get through this, there was a med droid. Accept the pain, and work with it. "If those two want to put themselves in the line of fire of a gauss in order to smack a mech with a sword... well, then we should thank them for being distracting and put that thing down."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 09:29:59 pm by JaxtalMK2 »
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 08, 2017, 12:51:59 pm »

The drone was caught completely offguard by the sudden charge. Ricardo lept up past vigil, guandao out, and caught the bottom of the droid mid-step, sending it up from the deck, spinning in zero gravity. Laserfire streaked along the wall, cutting a three-ring spiral around the room. [Melee charge 111/crit, Ricardo won the roll-off to take the lead. Drone 12/severe failure.]

The droid presented an easy target. Stella braced and lined up the shots. The chevrons on Stella's targeting program turned from gold to green, and she fired. In an instant, the far side of the room was filled with scattered circuit board from the exit blow. The lights on the droid faded slowly and it twitched, hydraulic fluid from the hole spraying out into thick droplets. [Stella 76/firm success.]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:50:10 pm by retromach »

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 08, 2017, 12:56:22 pm »

Kaito patted Stella's shoulder, standing slowly. "Great shot Stella." He winced a bit, starting to move towards the rest of the group. "Hey, think you can get that autodoc active again? Some painkillers would be really nice about now."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #281 on: July 08, 2017, 11:06:50 pm »

"Did you fucking see that!?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 09, 2017, 10:57:08 am »

Play To Win!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 09, 2017, 01:56:00 pm »

Boiy, taking some quick scans, you come to three important conclusions to bring to the attention of the team. [105 = critical.]

1. There's no equipment up here to take observations. They must have moved it at some point.

2. Above you, those stars are a pulsar. This is a research station in orbit of a binary star system! There are research organizations that would pay through the teeth to access this system.

2. You should not be in an asteroid field. The orbit must have destabilized at some point in the last 5 billion years, possibly from an encounter with a comet or large object, possibly just drift from the peculiar gravity of the binary star system. And, judging by these sensor readings, the station is 2 hours away from a probably fatal collision.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 02:03:33 pm by retromach »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 09, 2017, 01:58:10 pm »

"I will see what I can do to heal you up" Vigil said. As he floated over to Kaito, his legs seemed to shake a bit. Most likely from rather obvious fear, though his face refused to show it.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53