Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: IC - A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]  (Read 14668 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: IC - A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2017, 05:16:50 am »

"Hail the nearest ship. Our message: I am Tristan Vendigroth of the Vendigroth dynasty. I speak with the Authority of the Glorious God Emperor of Mankind and his Imperium. We come in the name of Friendship."

A silence hung in the air for quite some time. Seconds, and then minutes. Finally, a response.

It was a human voice. Unaccented, or rather, familiar to the ears of the crew. The manner of speech reminds one of the chief member of the Etherics team. Perhaps too eerie a coincidence to ignore.

It sounded calm, almost brooding. The response, played back across the vox network was this: "Your message is received and clear. The habitat welcomes a potential ally in the midst of the void.

What trade do you seek?"
it asks dryly.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2017, 11:03:43 am »

While the RT begins negotiations, order the crew to determine the possible armament of the ship, from images and augur returns.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2017, 12:50:27 pm »

A human voice should be a hint to the optimal situation-but the trader's instincts stated something was wrong here. He scratched his scar once before turning to his advisors.

"Can you monitor incoming psyonic transmissions? Or any other oddities in the Warp, for that matter?"

Then he turned to reply to the augers, in the language the reply came in. "Information, to start with. We can not open further relations without knowing what we are dealing with. For instance, it is polite to introduce yourselves after others have done the same."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2017, 08:00:22 pm »

"I can certainly keep my ears open, Lord-Captain."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2017, 12:54:00 am »

While the RT begins negotiations, order the crew to determine the possible armament of the ship, from images and augur returns.

It seems odd that this vessel has no visible weapons. Perhaps they are located within silos deep inside of its structure. It seems foolish to assume it hasn't an armament.

Then he turned to reply to the augers, in the language the reply came in. "Information, to start with. We can not open further relations without knowing what we are dealing with. For instance, it is polite to introduce yourselves after others have done the same."

"With all due respect, information is sacred. Your name is unknown to our colony, but we cannot be sure of the reverse. We neglect to engage in direct contact with other habitats due to the death that recognition confers. Thusly we communicate by proxy through servitors.

This habitat has no spokesperson to name, and no introduction to make."

"I can certainly keep my ears open, Lord-Captain."

Now that Maxwell was close to a potential source, he had the opportunity to be more sure of his observations. This ship in particular did not ring out any particular messages. Thus far it has remained silent in the warp.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:40:39 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2017, 07:31:32 am »

Bowing to the Lord-Captian, Eggbert proceeds to gather up his crew and a squad of troops to act as boarders or as a guard for their Traderness.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2017, 07:45:14 pm »

The Lord-Captain sighs, adjusting his circlet in an irritated manner. "It seems our new associates do not give information away freely or cheaply. Perhaps the 'ask the locals' method has run its course. Suggestions anyone?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2017, 08:19:55 pm »

"A couple things come to mind, sir.  If it is local custom, at least with this faction, to communicate through proxies, then perhaps it would be possible for us to hire a local to act as our proxy, and then communicate through that person."

"Also, the mention of other habitats implies the existance of other factions, which means we may find other groups more accomodating or easier to negotiate."

"I would recommend, then, sir, that we ask them where we can hire a local represenative or where we can find proxies capable of acting as spokesmen, as we are here to explore and enter negotiations with locals, and therefore need to find locals capable of such."

"If all else fails, we could simply continue on in-system.  At least we know now that our current communication profiles are capable of making contact with the locals."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:21:43 pm by Devastator »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2017, 09:07:01 pm »

Tork had been idly moving his fingers, the connection of his MIU to the ship's systems occasionally producing small electrical shocks as the helmsman's eagerness overflowed. He turned his attention to his boss and scratched the back of his head. "Maybe ask what they have to trade before we leave? Better not start a fight just now, in any case."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2017, 06:52:14 pm »

"A couple things come to mind, sir.  If it is local custom, at least with this faction, to communicate through proxies, then perhaps it would be possible for us to hire a local to act as our proxy, and then communicate through that person."

"Also, the mention of other habitats implies the existance of other factions, which means we may find other groups more accomodating or easier to negotiate."

"I would recommend, then, sir, that we ask them where we can hire a local represenative or where we can find proxies capable of acting as spokesmen, as we are here to explore and enter negotiations with locals, and therefore need to find locals capable of such."

"If all else fails, we could simply continue on in-system.  At least we know now that our current communication profiles are capable of making contact with the locals."

"It appears to be a tactic to keep secrets, rather than a particular custom. Perhaps we can get a local guide or other representative, but it will be incredibly difficult if they arn't even able to give us their name."

Tork had been idly moving his fingers, the connection of his MIU to the ship's systems occasionally producing small electrical shocks as the helmsman's eagerness overflowed. He turned his attention to his boss and scratched the back of his head. "Maybe ask what they have to trade before we leave? Better not start a fight just now, in any case."

"Capital idea. Relay: In that case, let us move on to other business. As I said before, we are Traders. Do you have any goods that you are willing to part with? For our own part, we have Throne gelt to offer in return. Any other good the Galaxy has to offer can be brought in, but it would take time to acquire."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2017, 02:09:59 am »

"Relay: In that case, let us move on to other business. As I said before, we are Traders. Do you have any goods that you are willing to part with? For our own part, we have Throne gelt to offer in return. Any other good the Galaxy has to offer can be brought in, but it would take time to acquire."

The habitat has an excess of mass coils, quantum multiplexers, and veilship cores. We will take resources such as volatiles, phosphorous, or grown logicrystal, as we are running short on the basic resources required to fuel production.

None of these terms are immediately familiar. Either truly alien technology, or perhaps aeons-old vocabulary whose meanings have drifted over time.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 02:16:34 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2017, 02:17:56 pm »

"Hm. It might give us a better idea of the technology that we are dealing with, or at least make for cold-trade fodder. Any comments?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2017, 08:00:25 am »

"...do we actually have any of those materials on board? If we try to meet them face to face without anything to trade, they might take exception."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2017, 02:32:13 pm »

"The bay's always full. We unload what we have, take what they offer and do that over 'n' again. I don't check the manifest so I have no idea what's in there, though." Tork said, answering the astropath's question.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2017, 04:44:41 pm »

Do some research attempting to learn the proper meanings of these arcane terms.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13