Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: IC - A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]  (Read 14646 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IC - A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 08:36:00 am »

"Nuthin' around. Ehn." Though Tork didn't find any skimmer or hover-vehicles aside from a grav-palette, he was undaunted. The helmsman was about to begin his search anew when he caught wind of their host offering them dinner. Refusing food wasn't polite, except when one thought it was poisoned, and that didn't seem to be the case. In fact, good food in generous amounts had been one of the many benefits he'd been enjoying ever since he started working for Rogue Traders. Joining the Navy meant not having to worry about short shortages, but they were still frugal with their rations.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 11:27:22 pm »

At the end of the line, the group is approached by men and women in white robes and vests, bringing with them their own hosts of servitors, who look and seem more machine than man. Despite that, these servitors seem to possess a bizarre grace acting as butlers and servants, while at the same time some of them even look to be taking notes and working through calculations on notebook paper.

After a round of introductions and praise, the most eminent of the group steps forward and invites you to further discussion in the dining hall.
"I must apologize for the lackluster greeting. We are honored by the fact that you wish to investigate our findings, and rest assured we will do all that we can to assist you to the best of our ability."
He looks to his companions.
"That said, do you wish to discuss these matters over dinner?"

"Dinner would be charming, I cheerfully accept your invitation." I'm not entirely confident in the culinary skills of those who seem so close to metal, especially given the quality cookery I grew accustomed to long ago. Still, the ability to choke down even shoddy fodder is invaluable to a trader such as myself. I can at least manage enough to be polite, no matter the quality.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:29:28 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 12:07:09 am »

Down in the Proposal's lighter bay, or more specifically the rather dented Shark Assault boat nestled among the various lighters and cargo haulers like a wolf among a herd of its prey, Eggbert watched as the last bolts holding the new physik kit and shipboard emergency kits where tightened down, a grim smile accenting their gaunt features.
 As the last squeak of the wrench and the last chant of tightening dying away the smile becomes a grin and a bottle of amesec is revealed and passed to the work party.
"May the God Emperor never give us need for these stocks, but they do lend a certain piece of mind, do they not? Good work. You earned this. Just remember to share and share alike."

That task complete he turns and heads for the closest point where the Proposal is linked with the station.

Sorry about the late post, I was not sure of quite what to do, since all I could think of Eggbert doing at this point was, well, disaster proofing the shark.

If the text erks, I can change it. I would prefer straight maroon, but was worried that it would clash with Giglamesh
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:09:33 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 04:03:03 am »

"Ah, excellent! Dinner would be perfect after such a voyage." Food on the Indecent Proposal was higher quality than normal rations aboard star ships, due to the exorbitant wealth of the Rouge Trader's family, but they were still practical in nature. A proper dinner would be a welcome relief after the journey, and before the trials to come. Plus, it would be a good opportunity to ascertain the depth of the interest in Animus.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:30:31 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 05:45:09 am »

"+I will join you for the meal, though I will not partake myself. I am interested in what you have to say.+"
Camilla had long ago precisely calculated the correct levels of nutrition that her body would need, and consumed a nutrient paste she'd designed for herself. It was more efficient that way. Nutrition was optimal and waste was minimal.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 11:35:18 pm »

"I will accompany you, if you don't mind."

Yes. Food is good, I like food. Both I and my real self like food; this is something that I cannot deny as part of a character facade, it's in my soul. Good food is good.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2017, 11:41:00 pm »

"Yeah, same here." Tork spoke up, quickly voicing his intent to join on the dinner in case it was necessary. There was no way he'd pass on that opportunity.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2017, 12:32:07 am »

Raioyris is uninterested in dinner. He'd prefer to snoop.

Find out about the station's garrison. Any talking soldiers that I could trade banter with? An armory or barracks? Explore.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2017, 04:32:42 am »

"+I will join you for the meal, though I will not partake myself. I am interested in what you have to say.+"
Camilla had long ago precisely calculated the correct levels of nutrition that her body would need, and consumed a nutrient paste she'd designed for herself. It was more efficient that way. Nutrition was optimal and waste was minimal.

What a sad life. (see below)

Down in the Proposal's lighter bay, or more specifically the rather dented Shark Assault boat nestled among the various lighters and cargo haulers like a wolf among a herd of its prey, Eggbert watched as the last bolts holding the new physik kit and shipboard emergency kits where tightened down, a grim smile accenting their gaunt features.
 As the last squeak of the wrench and the last chant of tightening dying away the smile becomes a grin and a bottle of amesec is revealed and passed to the work party.
"May the God Emperor never give us need for these stocks, but they do lend a certain piece of mind, do they not? Good work. You earned this. Just remember to share and share alike."

That task complete he turns and heads for the closest point where the Proposal is linked with the station.

Standing-by to supervise maintenance did carry with it some risks--Eggbert almost missed the dinner! (see below)

"Ah, excellent! Dinner would be perfect after such a voyage." Food on the Indecent Proposal was higher quality than normal rations aboard star ships, due to the exorbitant wealth of the Rouge Trader's family, but they were still practical in nature. A proper dinner would be a welcome relief after the journey, and before the trials to come. Plus, it would be a good opportunity to ascertain the depth of the interest in Animus.
"Dinner would be charming, I cheerfully accept your invitation." I'm not entirely confident in the culinary skills of those who seem so close to metal, especially given the quality cookery I grew accustomed to long ago. Still, the ability to choke down even shoddy fodder is invaluable to a trader such as myself. I can at least manage enough to be polite, no matter the quality.
"Nuthin' around. Ehn." Though Tork didn't find any skimmer or hover-vehicles aside from a grav-palette, he was undaunted. The helmsman was about to begin his search anew when he caught wind of their host offering them dinner. Refusing food wasn't polite, except when one thought it was poisoned, and that didn't seem to be the case. In fact, good food in generous amounts had been one of the many benefits he'd been enjoying ever since he started working for Rogue Traders. Joining the Navy meant not having to worry about short shortages, but they were still frugal with their rations.
"I will accompany you, if you don't mind."

Yes. Food is good, I like food. Both I and my real self like food; this is something that I cannot deny as part of a character facade, it's in my soul. Good food is good.

"Very well then, I invite you to the hall upstairs..."

Within the crux of the station, a grand hall awaited the Rogue Trader's circle. Here a table was already prepared by scores of biomechanical servants, setting the stage for a discussion intermingled with the clashing of utensils upon metal and ceramic.
Despite the remoteness of the settlement, the servo-chefs can be programmed to cook just about anything.

Over dinner, the esteemed Napolitanus Daunten, the imperial envoy, brings up an idea of his.
"Should the system be explored, and a suitable warp route be found, I would like to introduce the possibility of sending a colonial fleet."

"Such would serve our interests well," quips Gaius Caligula Galustian, who introduced himself as a cleric studying ancient treatises in collaboration with the local scientists. "...should there be humans in the cluster."

"Indeed, and our observations show some promise," says the scientist, Linsay Arildsen.
"Radio emissions from the cluster are difficult to interpret with our limited equipment. However, depending on the habitability of the cluster, it could range from primitive societies indicative of a xeno threat... or it may indicate human settlements untouched by the Imperium since the age of the Great Crusade."

Raioyris is uninterested in dinner. He'd prefer to snoop.

Find out about the station's garrison. Any talking soldiers that I could trade banter with? An armory or barracks? Explore.

Raioyris abandons the researchers parlaying their ideas and instead broods over the temple guards.

"I heard the galaxy is chock full of heresy," muses one guard unironically. "Really boggles the mind."

"Leeds, you been drinking?" says the other. "That's the third time."

"Billions of stars out there... it's so hard to imagine..."

Maxwell lowers his hood, revealing the blank spot where his eyes once were.

"A brother to those you guard, humble custodian. My name is Prescott. I have just arrived aboard a trader's vessel and I wished to meet with my fellows."

"I was told of your presence among the visitors," answers the guard. "Welcome aboard."

The astropaths, clad in simple robes, immediately sense your presence walking into their midst. Those who do not wish themselves to be interrupted in their meditations, make it clear as such. One of them turns to you, and asks what you inquire of the Choir.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2017, 04:44:10 am »

"Pizza is one of the greatest achievements of mankind. Think about it, it's such a precise combination of plant and animal products, assembled to very exacting specifications."
Lyra finishes off a bit of crust.
"...If you're doing it right, I mean. And I think someone has indeed done it right."

((Pizza in the grimdarkness of the 41st millennium? It's more likely than you think!))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2017, 08:46:14 am »

((I like to imagine that pizza is one of the few foods that survived unaltered from humanity's Golden Age.))

Maxwell asks for the friendly astropath to share what they have been able to gather about this mysterious new light in the sky.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2017, 10:45:05 am »

Tork naturally picked the dish that seemed to pose the least difficulty to eat and proceeded to eat slowly. He might not have been a feral worlder but his table manners were lacking and he knew that. In most occasions he ate quickly and piled up more food on his plate, but he'd learned that whenever in fancier company he was better off restraining himself and trying to stick to a course of action that wouldn't draw attention to him. He disliked having the scornful attention of fancy people on him.

"Good food is good food." The void-master commented, having no idea of what pizza was.
>Yes?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2017, 12:38:10 pm »

Camilla did not dignify Lyra with a response to such obvious foolishness, merely waiting.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2017, 04:05:21 am »

"Very well then, I invite you to the hall upstairs..."

Within the crux of the station, a grand hall awaited the Rogue Trader's circle. Here a table was already prepared by scores of biomechanical servants, setting the stage for a discussion intermingled with the clashing of utensils upon metal and ceramic.
Despite the remoteness of the settlement, the servo-chefs can be programmed to cook just about anything.

Over dinner, the esteemed Napolitanus Daunten, the imperial envoy, brings up an idea of his.
"Should the system be explored, and a suitable warp route be found, I would like to introduce the possibility of sending a colonial fleet."

"Such would serve our interests well," quips Gaius Caligula Galustian, who introduced himself as a cleric studying ancient treatises in collaboration with the local scientists. "...should there be humans in the cluster."

"Indeed, and our observations show some promise," says the scientist, Linsay Arildsen.
"Radio emissions from the cluster are difficult to interpret with our limited equipment. However, depending on the habitability of the cluster, it could range from primitive societies indicative of a xeno threat... or it may indicate human settlements untouched by the Imperium since the age of the Great Crusade."

"Bringing the light of the Emperor to the darkness of the Void is both our pleasure and duty. If there is suitable soil to plant the seeds of humanity in this newly discovered land, then nothing could bring me more happiness than breaking the ground myself. And if that soil is overgrown with weeds, or if the plant is present but has grown wild and chaotic from neglect, then I will tend to the task as any gardener would." The trader punctuates this overly long metaphor with a sip from his drink, and a couple of bites of food. "To be more blunt, exploration, colonization, and neutralizing threats to the Imperium is what a Rogue Trader is born to do. Even if there is nothing suitable for human habitation, there should be enough exploitable resources that it will be worth all our efforts. I wish to begin our journey as soon as possible."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2017, 03:05:31 pm »

"It's all very diverse I assure you." Raioyris emerges, confronting the guards.

Raioyris looks soldiery, familiar but he's clearly not a lifer on the station. He might not be the greatest speaker, but this time he has cards to play, things they might want to know. In turn he can find out about things out here on the station.

"Ask away."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13