Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 173535 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Ending is near
« Reply #2385 on: May 26, 2018, 03:37:30 pm »

Turn 89

Fortune might favor the bold, but tactics are what win battles, fallen one. - Reynald barked out then said mockingly: By all means, throw yourself on my blade and spare those you have decieved the pain of foolishness and death.

Just as Reynald prepared himself to strike, a powerful surge of energy sparked just outside of the force field and ended with a bright flash. After all the gleam ceased, Pguhyuh and Serrana appeared in the cathedral.

...Inquisitor guy? What the...? - Pguhyuh yelled in confusion, then noticed Cilber, Aaron and the force field. He promptly asked: ...Wanderer guy, do you think you could open the way for a second? There's something I have to do. This was probably my fault and I need to fix things.

Suddenly another flash. This one brought Dennis to the inner sanctum! Upon seeing Cilber fighting with Reynald, he screamed: Hey Ciiber! Looks like things aren't going too well! Maybe a bit FALLEN apart? ...Wow, that was an awful one. Now you're gonna die and that stupid pun will be the last thing you ever heard! Sorry, but it really doesn't look like you're gonna last long enough for me to think of a better one! - then he moved closer to the great diplomat and the exorcist, and whispered: Hey, he's the bad guy, right? Fightin' Quiz and all.

Hey, I missed you too. Well, I'm not really sure what's going on other than Cilber has been corrupted. Or maybe he had always been corrupted since the beggining. Of course, Inquisitor guy has decided yet again that violence is the answer. It seems to be working fine, but Cilber is still a divine being. Death might not be the end to his existence. - Pguhyuh replied and looked around the room nervously. So Aaron is here, Serrana is also here. Inquisitor guy is in the forcefield and you are also with us. But who's the demonic looking being over there? It doesn't look like any demon I have seen before. - he concluded and asked, staring at the figure.

Hello Pguyuh, long time no see. It's Lysander by the way. - the devillish shape spoke with Lysander's voice.

Oh yeah, turns out he was the Devil. Anyway, he died and it wasn't my fault. - Dennis clarified.

Oh, so he was secretly a demon and then died? Huh. I always thought that all of the stuff he said were lies, but something of it must have been true seeing his true form is that of a demon. How did he die? - demonologist asked.

Library accident. - Dennis replied, trying to mimic a horker jumping into the library.

You have no idea how dangerous books can be. I have seen at least 3 scholars die because of heavy books falling from a bookcase and breaking their skulls. After the seventh accident, the librarians forced everyone that wanted entry to the Great Library to wear a helmet to avoid futher incidents. - Pguhyuh was certainly unable to catch Dennis' joke.

Aaron quickly cut in, saying: Ah, yes. Speaking of the Great Library. There’s three dead archmages there waiting for you, Pguh. You gotta kill them to ascend. And Dennis, you need to get back to Hieght Keep. Your dead great-great-grandanscestor is down somewhere in there and you gotta kill him to ascend. Axeworth seems to need a number of things killed if anyone wants to ascend. Though Serrana, you just need to find a shrine and get Erlath to open you a portal. Ascension for you is just on the other side.

Hi Aaron! Are you a ghost now? How'd you die? I don't mean to pry, but really, I know what you were like. How in the world did something manage to kill you? - Dennis inquired.

Well, I'm not killing anyone. These "archamges", I haven't heard of them before and they haven't done anything to me.While I still have some things to do at the Great Library, I'm not going to go there just to kill someone even if they are undead. - Pguhyuh seemed furious at the thought of being forced to kill anyone or anything. And how did you even die? Was it a Wyrm? And what's this "ascend" stuff you are talking about? - he asked, examining Aaron's spectral body.

Dead? Hah! I’m more alive than I’ve ever been.
This world is but on in a chain of many, itself one of many chains in a net. This chain belongs to Axeworth, and it is for him that we fight right now! It is Cliber’s fault that this world has fallen into ruin, that the gods have turned to cruelty! He corrupted the chains, drained the strength even from the Great Master above Axeworth! I could have left. I can make my own chain now. But I will not leave until this blight upon the worlds is destroyed as it deserves!
- the ascended one shouted, emanating extreme powers with his voice. He then spat out: And I could always turn into a spectre, why the hell are you now jumping to the conclusion that I died?

So, you're telling me that the source of all corruption is a being like Cilber? And you consider that killing him is the answer? - demonologist asked with disbelief, then tried to persuade everyone from killing the archangel: Aaron, the corruption is going to continue existing, regardless of Cilber. Not only is the damage done, but because the natural state of a world isn't purity or corruption, but Balance. Balance of Good and Evil, Chaos and Order. What do you expect from Cilber's death? For the world to magically be a better place, a true utopia? The damage would still be done and we would have just added yet another body to the pile. - Then, he started explaining the notion of "cycle": And when Cilber falls, another being like him will eventually rise, sooner or later. This is what I call the "Cycle". Let's say Cilber is defeated. Let's say that the world is now a Good place, ruled by Order. Kingdoms rise and the world is in peace. It comes to an stop because of this. Because there is an excess of it, there no balance. You can't have good without evil. You can't have light without shadows. A wolrd can't be warm without cold. This lack of balance causes the reality to react. How does reality fixes this problem? Probably another "Cilber" would show up and move the world to the next phase. Think of the reality cycle like a wheel. The universe needs to keep the cycle. If the wheel stops rolling, it falls and comes to an stop. There's always an era of "light" and an era of "dark". These might be just centuries or even whole universes. An universe of light, that later ends and from it's remains another universe of dark is born. That mean that killing Cilber is useless, as another like him would probably show up later, here, on another world or in another universe. Not only that, but if he caused the damage, he must be the one capable of restoring it.

After a short pause, Pguhyuh said: There's always an era of "light" and an era of "dark". These might be just centuries or even whole universes. An universe of light, that later ends and from it's remains another universe of dark is born. That mean that killing Cilber is useless, as another like him would probably show up later, here, on another world or in another universe. Not only that, but if he caused the damage, he must be the one capable of restoring it.

It took a while for all the voices to get through the force field to Reynald, but he was finally able to attune himself to it and reply: You are mistaken. I am defending myself, as the fallen one decided to strike first when I entered the cathedral. He would have Sic'd his armies of undead and dark spirits upon me If not for the intervention of the gods and Aaron. He has declared himself the cause of our apocalypse, and a parasite to our creators. His existence is at the expense of the very world we live in.

Actually, Cilber shot first, and you know, violence tends to be the answer a lot for us. - Lysander supported Reynald's claim.

I think we should at least be asking why. Why would he bring an end to the same world he lives in? Why would he attack without reason just like the feral undead someone who is clearly stronger than him? Why would Cilber fight alone when he has demigods in his ranks? Why would he give gear and informatiom to his enemies? - Pguhyuh asked, he wasn't quite convinced.

Becuase he's a dirty, lying, self centered, egotistical, swine. Was any of his information helpful? Did it in anyway help us stop him? No, he was giving us a new shiny bauble to chase after so he could finish his plan. As soon as we met him, I said we shouldn't trust a word coming out of his mouth. - Lysander said.

Cliber doesn't just exist in this chain, Pguh. He's endemic to all of them connected to the Great Master. He's even admitted that this is his fault, and Axeworth has said as such as well! As for all you're going on about "cycles", it's Cliber's fault that there's a cycle of destruction in and of itself! It is because of the imperfections he imparted to the chains that require those like Axeworth to reforge them - Cliber is not a symptom of the corruption, he is its source! The world may stay damaged for now, but the end you have heard foretold, the night? That is the work of Axeworth, reforging this world! And do you know why he has to do that, and has had to do that for eternities? It is because Cliber is putting imperfections into the worlds, draining them, until they end up like this! I have spoken with Axeworth! I have seen the nature of reality, and I know what I say to be true! This world is ending, and it is Cliber's death that will allow it to be born to a fresh start! Now, it is people like us that have an opportunity to not end with the world. I have already ascended, taking my place amongst the gods above gods. I have told you, to ascend like I have, you need to get to theGrand Library and send the archmages back to their eternal rests. Now go, damnit, or end like everything else is going to! - Aaron shouted, trying to reason with the great diplomat.

Also, he's fighting alone because Aaron and I are actively preventing him from getting reinforcements. - Lysander demystified.

That makes absolutely no sense. If the chains were perfect, then Cilber wouldn't have existed. They must have been already flawed, otherwise there wouldn't even be a concept of corruption. If there was any sort of corruption-cilber couldn't have been the source of it. Where did Cilber come from in the first place? Becase his source has to be the origin of the flaws. - demonologist still argued. Now, let me go in there and see Cilber. I want answers from the one who truly knows what's going on. I couldn't care less about those archmages I have never heard about and I want to talk with him before he dies. - he insisted on entering the force field.

If you would just be patient, you'll get answers from one who knows far more than either of us. Axeworth will tell you the truth of the matter. - Aaron replied.

Let the Demonologist in, Aaron. I am more than capable of handling him if he proves troublesome. He will learn the truth, either through insight or death. - Reynald said.

Pguh, I know this is hard for you to understand, but just shut up! You don't need to question everything. Not everyone has a motive, some people just want to see the world burn, even if they have to burn with it. Cliber is one of those people. He doesn't care about you or me, or anyone. He made my entire race mutate into horrible monsters for his own amusement! I won't let you try to vindicate him for his crimes. He is nothing more than a monster, a feral dog someone needs to put down. - Lysander added more fuel to the fire.

Lysander, no one wants to die. Not even Cilber. I want to hear the truth from his own mouth and save him from the corruption that has affected him. I don't care what you think, I feel that even he deserves to be forgiven. I know the feeling of being the weakest, I know how it feels to lose hope, to feel like you're never going to archieve something meaningful and just fade with time, forgotten. He's not a monster. He's lost, just like you and me. - demonologist replied fiercely.

Fine, but I want you to swear. Swear that if Cilber is unrepentant, you will aid Reynald. You will avenge all demons that his actions have hurt and twisted. Do you promise me this?
- Lysander asked.

He won't repent, Pguh. - Aaron tossed his two coins in.

If I'm still alive, sure. - Pguhyuh promised Lysander, then said: Inquisitor guy, it's been a long time... Mind giving me a few moment with him before ending his life? Even if he used his power to fully heal himself, you are still far stronger than him. I just want answers. To hear the full truth.

Keep in mind, he lies, a lot! - Lysander warned.

Yes. I still want to hear his last words. - he assured, then turned to exorcist who were watching it all idly, and said: And Serrana... Please come with me and continue praying. I feel I will need it.

I have given you the very words he spoke to me upon meeting him. If you wish to ask him more, it will be a single question, and at sword point. I won't waste my effort to leave my attacker alive. - Reynald moved closer to the archangel, who had been slowly regenerating his energy.

Looks like you two are getting along just as well as you did last time. I'll leave yo to it. - Lysander said, turning back and focusing on keeping the force field up.

What about letting me ask as many questions as he wants to answer and then giving me the chance to try something on him? Once I'm done with it you can kill me, if that's what you want. - demonologist asked.

I have no interest in fighting or slaying you. It is Cilber who will have my blade at his neck. He attacked me unprovoked with intent to kill, and I will not allow this action to go unpunished. - Reynald replied with utmost determination.

He will be punished, I assure you. But I still want to try talking with him. Just give me some momments with him and then you can finish him off. If what I try fails, I'll assit you if he attacks. - the great diplomat said, moving closer to the force field.

You will not interfere, Demonologist. This is my fight, and mine alone. You will ask your one question and that will be all I will allow. Do not test my patience. - Reynald replied harshly.

As the others around her spoke, Serrana found her biggest weakness occur: Forgetfulness of names. At least she knew Pughyuh was someone--she recognized the others but forgot who was whom.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: May 26, 2018, 03:39:42 pm »

My muses are back, and they're telling me that I should write more... Wrapped all the dialogues and action outcomes in the turn. Now it's time for you to write post-dialogue actions!

My project had been announced, yet there's still tons of work.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: May 26, 2018, 03:42:14 pm »

...wait, idea.

Lend Pguh the Blood Omen.

Also yay :))
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: May 26, 2018, 03:53:16 pm »

Spoiler: Secret Action. (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: May 26, 2018, 05:30:39 pm »

now is the time. Knock the fight out of him while he is on the ground with a Mighty Strike, a Skullcrusher fueled with the Sacrifices I made to get to this point. Execute him after the Demonologist asks his question.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: May 26, 2018, 05:34:24 pm »

Annoy and distract Cliber with incessant chatter and childish insults.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: May 26, 2018, 06:37:32 pm »

now is the time. Knock the fight out of him while he is on the ground with a Mighty Strike, a Skullcrusher fueled with the Sacrifices I made to get to this point. Execute him after the Demonologist asks his question.
Would you mind changing that to "after I do my full action"? I assure you he will be more weakened after it, if it goes well.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: May 26, 2018, 06:58:54 pm »

Would you mind changing that to "after I do my full action"? I assure you he will be more weakened after it, if it goes well.
Yes, I would. Reynald takes his honor very seriously, and will not like you interfering in his duel. He explicitly stated this.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: May 26, 2018, 07:39:00 pm »

Just watch the other characters finish dealing with Cilber for now. If Cilber attacks me for some reason, defend myself with Town Fool's Luck+Wild Charge.

Hey Dark, is your game actually a Half Life mod? That sounds fun, I really liked those games.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 07:40:31 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: May 26, 2018, 07:41:24 pm »

Yes, I would. Reynald takes his honor very seriously, and will not like you interfering in his duel. He explicitly stated this.
You know this is way more important to Pguh, as he knew Cilber. It's no longer about honor and such, but about the the chains and the universe. You can kill him after I try the thing, otherwise Pguh is going to try to block the shot with his body.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: May 26, 2018, 11:11:52 pm »

Random, don't do anything stupid.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: May 26, 2018, 11:58:40 pm »

Random, don't do anything stupid.

It's not stupid, it might even solve everything and my bonuses increase the likehood for the best result possible. The only way it could go wrong would be with a 1 (which might still become a 2 or 3 because bonuses), and everything goes wrong with a 1 except for anything Aaron does. Just killing Cilber is probably not going to solve the corruption problem, so my plan is to use him as a way to solve it. I need him alive for it to work, though.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: May 27, 2018, 09:23:48 am »

Just so that we’re clear: the best case scenario for purifying Cliber (which I’m pretty sure is what you’re trying to do) is that it’ll destroy him, or greatly weaken him. He’s not some person, demon, or angel that was cursed or altered in some way - nor is he one of the actual deities became “corrupted”. He is, essentially, a sentient glitch in reality that decided that it wanted to both spread itself and keep living for as long as possible, and decided that the best way to do both was to corrupt the entirety of the chains and the gods and worlds that reside on them.

In the worst case? You’ll accomplish nothing. Or possibly make him stronger. Or almost literally cause anything to happen. We have no idea.

Unless Dark has sent you PMs telling you what would happen if this went right, it’s probably best to just let Dustan finish his duel.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: May 27, 2018, 09:32:49 am »

Just so that we’re clear: the best case scenario for purifying Cliber (which I’m pretty sure is what you’re trying to do) is that it’ll destroy him, or greatly weaken him. He’s not some person, demon, or angel that was cursed or altered in some way - nor is he one of the actual deities became “corrupted”. He is, essentially, a sentient glitch in reality that decided that it wanted to both spread itself and keep living for as long as possible, and decided that the best way to do both was to corrupt the entirety of the chains and the gods and worlds that reside on them.

In the worst case? You’ll accomplish nothing. Or possibly make him stronger. Or almost literally cause anything to happen. We have no idea.

Unless Dark has sent you PMs telling you what would happen if this went right, it’s probably best to just let Dustan finish his duel.

Actually, I did talk in PM's and I can ensure it's going to solve the corruption of the chains. It's only that Cilber can drain power, which will probably happen if someone gets a 1. Also, I just want to give Pguh an end to his story and do something right, since he failed to do every single quest he got in the whole game. This is his last chance to redeem himself after multiple failures.

Worst case is that he just kills Pguh and drains his power (which isn't that much tbh, pacifist and all.) which will probably heal him (or give him pacifist skills?). In this case, Reynald can easily just kill him again with his knight strenght. Best case, the chains are fully purified, all of the corruption is removed and we get a happy ending or something like that.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: May 27, 2018, 09:39:35 am »

Hey, can I get a final thing then, I also failed my main quest.

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 166