Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]  (Read 23982 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]
« Reply #225 on: July 20, 2017, 09:12:01 pm »

While we are on the topic, you guys all have titles too (I think DBZ said we are using the positions found in Into the Storm) if you want people to refer to you by something fancy.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2017, 02:30:28 pm »

It's worth pointing out we don't only have Gelt. Our cargo bay is likely to be filled with unspecified goods that are almost universally accepted for trading purposes, such as promethium, victuals, replacement parts and the like.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:01:23 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2017, 03:43:09 pm »

It's worth pointing out we don't only have Gelt. Our cargo bay is likely to be filled with unspecified goods that are almost universally accepted for trading purposes, such as promethium, victuals, replacement parts and the like.

Fuel, food, and parts are generally less useful when dealing with those outside of the Imperium (especially Xenos). Their starships are obviously alien enough that using any of them in an opening offer would be kinda silly.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2017, 04:48:17 pm »

I know aliens don't usually have use for that kind of thing (though they usually do have for raw ore), but I found it'd probably be good to point it out because of Sirus' question. Just in case people thought our cargo bay spent most of time empty or something.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2017, 10:32:18 pm »

Fuel, food, and parts are generally less useful when dealing with those outside of the Imperium (especially Xenos). Their starships are obviously alien enough that using any of them in an opening offer would be kinda silly.
That's true, but phosphorus isn't exactly archeotech or some rare xenos material. Would it be likely for the ship's hold to contain some (as well as other common minerals)?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2017, 11:20:00 pm »

That's true, but phosphorus isn't exactly archeotech or some rare xenos material. Would it be likely for the ship's hold to contain some (as well as other common minerals)?

Hey, this is 40k. For all we know phosphorus is just what they call any chemical that lights up (see: promethium).

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2017, 12:13:50 am »

I'm not sure whether Warhammer ships have hydroponics, but if they do then they should definitely have stores containing phosphorous. Probably not pure elemental phosphorous, but in a state useful for hydroponics.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 28, 2017, 01:26:15 am »

I'm going to be following the assumption that whatever the GM tells us we aren't familiar with is unfamiliar.  Finding out what some of them are may be easier than others, though, but that's probably a degree of success/failure thing.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 28, 2017, 01:43:40 am »

Phosphorous is definitely familiar with any voidmaster, which is why I responded in the thread to Caellath's post with some info.

Dev, I rolled your lore checks.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 28, 2017, 08:12:26 pm »

It would be a tad hard for us not to have volatiles and still survive, since water is classed as one...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 28, 2017, 08:30:06 pm »

It would be a tad hard for us not to have volatiles and still survive, since water is classed as one...

Having some? Definitely. Having excess for trade? That is a fair question, especially given that they are asking for more water themselves.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2017, 04:15:12 pm »

Just to remind people since it may have been missed in the discussion when contact was made, Eggbert was headed down to the shark to prep it and also to get some armsmen ready.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 31, 2017, 11:13:01 pm »

Just to remind people since it may have been missed in the discussion when contact was made, Eggbert was headed down to the shark to prep it and also to get some armsmen ready.
I saw it as someone put their hand on their bolt pistol holster :P I would volunteer, but that would probably be a bad idea. But I'd still want to help other than passively mapping the system, although I'm pretty much wondering what I can do on ship (because authority and all that ._.)

And do I look overtly uncanny? I imagine the robes hide everything, but then I'd be the mysterious hooded acolyte-type person. :p Asking moreso about going because of the Trade Astrographer skill, if it's possible to barter for goods in terms of mapping this system more accurately.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 11:20:53 pm by Tiruin »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 01, 2017, 01:30:15 am »

I saw it as someone put their hand on their bolt pistol holster :P I would volunteer, but that would probably be a bad idea. But I'd still want to help other than passively mapping the system, although I'm pretty much wondering what I can do on ship (because authority and all that ._.)

And do I look overtly uncanny? I imagine the robes hide everything, but then I'd be the mysterious hooded acolyte-type person. :p Asking moreso about going because of the Trade Astrographer skill, if it's possible to barter for goods in terms of mapping this system more accurately.

Just do whatever you want and someone will tell you if you can't :p.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 03, 2017, 01:26:15 am »

So I guess this is a bit of a roll call to everyone. Please state whether you wish your character to be on the landing party. So far the people who have been active are:

Stirk
Caellath
Aseaheru
Tiruin (still waiting on a definite yes or no :))
Sirus
Wunderkatze

This leaves me waiting for:
Devastator
Egan_BW
Gigalamesh Despair
HEN

Please respond with a yes or no.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19