Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous CRPG  (Read 37810 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous CRPG
« Reply #225 on: February 09, 2020, 04:56:51 am »

The current stretch goal to be met is to add in one of three new races: Catfolk, Ratfolk, or Kitsune.

I can't help but be annoyed at the idea of them saying "if you give us money, there's a one-in-three chance we'll add this race to the game." Kinda wish they'd already decided that...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2020, 03:50:12 pm »

*cough*
...Ifndthfknkckstr...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 12, 2020, 05:04:46 pm »

I can't help but be annoyed at the idea of them saying "if you give us money, there's a one-in-three chance we'll add this race to the game." Kinda wish they'd already decided that...

This is probably a cynical take, but I read it as more "if you give us money, we'll add a furry race to the game" since all three of are that ilk and having that sort of choice is important to some folks. (Not judging, mind.)

In other news, they've blown past that and the next two goals, and are pushing up against having a proper live orchestral score. That'd be downright swell, and considering the rate they're going seems pretty likely we'll get it.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 12, 2020, 09:28:08 pm »

The Kingmaker kickstarter had a similar goal, but the three options were the Aasimar, the Dhampir, or four of the five Genie-Kin. Aasimar won the vote by a landslide, but some people were very vocal about wanting Kitsune.

The goal after a new race was for better animal companions. With it, we can now give magical gear to our pets, as well as armor in the form of barding. We'll also gain more control over their advancement, being able to select their feats. In addition, they'll be getting some archetypes as well, with the three known archetypes being Bodyguard, Charger, and Draconic.

After that is the Skald, a hybrid class of Barbarian and Bard. They can grant their allies a weaker form of the Barbarian's Rage when they perform, and can cast from an expanded list of spells a few times a day thanks to their Spell Kenning ability. The archetypes are going to be Battle Scion, which grants allies combat feats instead of Rage Powers with their performance; Demon Dancer, which imbues allies with demonic power; Hunt Caller, which allows allies to turn into animals when they perform; Herald of the Horn, which keeps allies free from enemy enchantments and can make deadly blasts with their signature horns; and Court Poet, which buffs allies' mental capacities, making them better suited for more spellcasting-heavy parties.

As mentioned, the current goal is for an orchestral score, and it's getting close to being met. After that, the best guess anyone's had is 'Doubled Reactivity', which could possibly mean more reactions to your character's race or class. Kingmaker was lacking a bit of that.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 12, 2020, 11:29:04 pm »

I ended up kickstarting it and getting early access. Yes, I know I said I wouldn't do it. :rotfl:
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2020, 05:31:56 am »

I ended up kickstarting it and getting early access. Yes, I know I said I wouldn't do it. :rotfl:
Well, once you do have access let us know how it's looking. If there's no NDA of course.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 13, 2020, 06:01:32 am »

Herald of the Horn, which keeps allies free from enemy enchantments and can make deadly blasts with their signature horns;

Do not Toot the Horn!
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2020, 06:50:19 am »

The goal after a new race was for better animal companions. With it, we can now give magical gear to our pets, as well as armor in the form of barding. We'll also gain more control over their advancement, being able to select their feats. In addition, they'll be getting some archetypes as well, with the three known archetypes being Bodyguard, Charger, and Draconic.

I googled around a bit
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/animal-companions/animal-companion-archetypes/bodyguard-companion-archetype/
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/animal-companions/animal-companion-archetypes/charger-companion-archetype/
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/animal-companions/animal-companion-archetypes/draconic-companion-archetype/

As mentioned, the current goal is for an orchestral score, and it's getting close to being met. After that, the best guess anyone's had is 'Doubled Reactivity', which could possibly mean more reactions to your character's race or class. Kingmaker was lacking a bit of that.

Already met orchestra
Pathfinders!

With your support we've managed to reach another goal. Now we are ready to deliver Mythic soundtrack for your epic adventures - key music themes will be performed by live orchestra and choir.

And now we reveal next stretch goal: Advanced Reactivity!

Golarion is a world rich with traditions, religions, and paths, where a bold and cunning adventurer can find their destiny. When making Pathfinder: Kingmaker, we tried to enliven this world for you as much as possible, making NPCs and your companions react to your race, choices, and appearance. But there is no such thing as “too much reactivity” in a CRPG. So, we decided to go beyond what we did in Kingmaker and add even more.

If we hit the next stretch goal, the Commander’s troops won’t hesitate to voice their opinion to all and sundry. The more we write them, the more we feel their personalities bloom and come to life. We get a sense of who tends to praise, who tends to joke, and who is often ready to make a snide remark. Reading each other’s dialogues, we often think: “Oh, Seelah (or another companion) has something to say about this!”, so why bottle it up?

Any hero who steps into the melting pot of the Fifth Crusade will now attract more attention and interest. And suspicion, of course. What made a tiefling with demon heritage join the crusade against their kin? Why did a noble elf leave Kyonin? And you, stranger, you’re basically an animal… right?

But it’s not just your race that will raise questions among curious crusaders and civilians. Are you picturing yourself as a skilled swordsman, warpriest, or cavalier on a glorious mount? You can bet that there will be characters who have an opinion on your chosen “career path.”

The camp, where your companions can relax and truly be themselves, is the place where bonds of friendship or mutual dislike are forged. This is the place where you can get to know your counterparts better, and now they will converse more freely around you, expressing themselves to the fullest. Long story short: we’re offering you more party banter and more reactivity, so you can experience Golarion as a living, breathing world.

To arms!

Owlcats

People are guessing the one after that will be "+1 archetype for each class"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 06:52:50 am by ChairmanPoo »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 13, 2020, 07:44:19 pm »

In other news, it's confirmed there will be a Turn-Based mode. The game will still be balanced around being Real-Time With Pause, but now there will be a turn-based option for those that want it. Current plans are for it to be a toggle, so you can switch whenever you want to, and with more features than Kingmaker's current Turn-Based mod, such as being able to see the path your character will take, and which areas would provoke an attack of opportunity if you were to move through them.

Social goals are also advancing pretty far. Player modding support has been achieved, leaving only a Kingmaker cameo and a romance plotline left to unlock.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2020, 02:49:50 am »

Oh well, the turn-based goal got me good. I think I'll kickstart too.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2020, 08:45:39 am »

The game will still be balanced around being Real-Time With Pause, but now there will be a turn-based option for those that want it.

Ah, like Fallout Tactics?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2020, 10:34:30 am »

Sounds more like Pillars of Eternity 2 to me.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 15, 2020, 11:13:29 pm »

Extended reactivity strech goal reached. The next one is indeed +1 archetype per class

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 16, 2020, 12:54:34 am »

Ah, like Fallout Tactics?

I haven't played Fallout Tactics, so I can't really say.

Extended reactivity strech goal reached. The next one is indeed +1 archetype per class

After that it looks like it might be another new race. Best guess so far is Oread. Though it seems like a bit of an odd choice, since you'd think the Genie-Kin would be a package deal. Or at least four of the five would be a package deal; even Paizo seems to forget about the Suli.

Blog posts have also mentioned some of the new archetypes we'll be getting. Fighter will be getting the Armiger, which is a Hellknight in training, with a few more skill ranks per level and bonuses to their Will saves; the Dragonheir Scion, which manifests draconic abilities such as flight and elemental damage; and the Mutation Warrior, which gets the Alchemist's Mutagen ability.

The Witch will be getting the Hagbound, which trades most of their Hexes for hag-like abilities; the Hex Channeler, which can trade Hexes to Channel Energy like a Cleric; and the Ley-Line Guardian, which casts spontaneously, like a Sorcerer. We'll also likely be getting the Winter Witch Archetype, since we're getting the Winter Witch Prestige Class, and you need the Ice Magic feature from the Winter Witch archetype to take the Winter Witch Prestige Class. As the names imply, the Archetype and the PrC are based around cold magic, gaining immunity to cold while their own frost magic partially bypasses the cold immunity of others.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 12:57:59 am by BlackFlyme »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2020, 12:59:27 am »

and the Mutation Warrior, which gets the Alchemist's Mutagen ability

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17