Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Valhalla-Bound (Pathfinder) (4/5) - IC Thread  (Read 10609 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Valhalla-Bound (Pathfinder) (5/5) - IC Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2017, 09:01:04 pm »

Gunnvor gives up on her useless crossbow and advances towards the monk, eyes flashing with unnatural light.

Spoiler: Algedun (click to show/hide)

E-12, Persuasive Goad on Monk 3! Get him to quit fighting!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:08:17 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2017, 09:44:32 pm »

[4] [6 + 4 + 1 = 12 vs 10 + 1 + 1 = 12; language mismatch] The monk seems demoralized and and somehow hurt. He glances at you with fear in his eyes, but his face shows no recognition of what you are saying.

However...
"Faodaidh tu a bhith le d 'bhràthair air do ghlùinean, no ann an talamh!"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The remaining monk, terrified and compliant, drops his blade and kneels.

ᛋᛁᚷᚱ!
Victory!

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2017, 09:52:44 pm »

((Great gods above and below, the hell is wrong with my rolls so far?))

Gunnvor switches back to her native language, seeing that the monks apparently do not speak the trade tongue.

"I know a bit of first aid we can use to stabilize the wounded one, but if someone is knowledgeable in such matters I would rather they take over."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2017, 11:39:59 pm »

"I could take care of that! Give me a moment."

Vilhjálmur quickly makes his way down the monastery wall and inside (does that need a roll again?), wearing a cheerful grin.

"Ah, what an excellent battle. Good fighting, everyone. Now, let me see here..."

With that, he casts Stabilize upon the critically injured monk.
Black lives matter.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2017, 11:56:28 pm »

Varg claims his axe and picks up his gore stained shield from the ground and checks it for damage

"A worthy first battle. While we won't be taking prisoners, it wouldn't hurt to keep these two tied down."

Varg also ties the uninjured monk's hands and feet and let's the others tend to the wounded one
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2017, 02:48:52 am »

Njall steps up to the monk he got in the gut and pulls out his dagger with just the hint of a twist.

"Simple folk indeed, to die so readily for their valuables," he says in a half-growl, sufficiently warmed up by the slight exercise.

Grab the severed head, wherever it may be, and start efficiently looting the area to make good time.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 03:22:55 am by Harry Baldman »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2017, 03:12:07 am »

"If you begin searching the place, I'll ask this one what he knows," Úlfr says, stowing his bow.

To the surviving monk, as he's being bound, Úlfr growls "Rinn thu math roghainn, sagart. Tha sinn a 'coimhead airson ionmhas, agus chì thu innis dhuinn càit an lorg thu e. Mur eil, nì sibh mo charaidean feargach. Tha thu faicinn dè thachras nuair a gheibh iad feargach. chan eil mi ag iarraidh fhàgail bhaile seo gun chead sam bith sagairt, ach bidh mi ma tha mi ris."
Intimidate!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2017, 05:58:09 pm »

"I could take care of that! Give me a moment."

Vilhjálmur quickly makes his way down the monastery wall and inside (does that need a roll again?), wearing a cheerful grin.

"Ah, what an excellent battle. Good fighting, everyone. Now, let me see here..."

With that, he casts Stabilize upon the critically injured monk.
The monk is badly injured, but he is not dying.
Varg claims his axe and picks up his gore stained shield from the ground and checks it for damage

"A worthy first battle. While we won't be taking prisoners, it wouldn't hurt to keep these two tied down."

Varg also ties the uninjured monk's hands and feet and let's the others tend to the wounded one
Your shield is utterly shattered. You'd be better off getting a new one than trying to fix this one--perhaps Captain Hroðgar has a spare at the ships?
"If you begin searching the place, I'll ask this one what he knows," Úlfr says, stowing his bow.

To the surviving monk, as he's being bound, Úlfr growls "Rinn thu math roghainn, sagart. Tha sinn a 'coimhead airson ionmhas, agus chì thu innis dhuinn càit an lorg thu e. Mur eil, nì sibh mo charaidean feargach. Tha thu faicinn dè thachras nuair a gheibh iad feargach. chan eil mi ag iarraidh fhàgail bhaile seo gun chead sam bith sagairt, ach bidh mi ma tha mi ris."
Intimidate!
The monk does not look you in the eye, and between his sobs, responds, "Tha ar airgead a tha à-àrd an staidhir. Táimid t-tá leabhair, agus, agus taipéise d'aois, agus roinnt rudaí eile síos anseo. Táimid tar éis dim byd cudd. C-cuiribh nach eil cron a dhèanamh air na llyfrau, feuch, feuch, tha iad ar beatha obair."

Looting:

You begin by searching the bodies. The dead monks have little of value worn, unless you for some reason are interested in blood-stained robes, but their weapons are intact. Dropped by the headless monk is an agrarian flail, repurposed into a weapon of war, and lying by the caved-in body of the crushed monk is a crossbow, lightly made and still in workable condition. The warrior's equipment turned out better, thanks to his quick demise; his chain shirt is untouched, though his helmet is ruined, and he bore an arming sword, plain but serviceable. You claim the dropped weapons of the surrendered monks, as well.

Searching the bottom floor, you find several expensive-looking items. You find four books, all inscribed with words in the language of Righland. Three of them seem to be religious texts; casually paging through them, you see similar images to the ones on the stained-glass windows, such as a man with a silver arm, a man with elk horns, and a shining man fighting one-eyed monsters. The fourth seems distinctly different. You theorize it to be a chronicle of some sort; on the first page is a map of the island, and each subsequent page seems to be filled exclusively with what you interpret to be descriptions of dated events. On the wall hangs a tapestry depicting some sort of king conquering considerable amounts of the known eastern world, rife with strange images of a glowing chalice and yet another man with horns on his head. You take it down and fold it up.

The rest of the monastery is rather austere. You still manage to amass a number of reasonably expensive-looking accoutrements from it, however; two golden candlesticks, a collapsible merchant's scale, some miscellaneous Righlandian writing equipment such as parchment and ink, an hourglass, and a small chest containing a few pounds of hack gold and silver, leftovers of foreign trade. All of these are summarily snatched up.

Spoiler: In summary (click to show/hide)
Hroðgar will likely ask for something from your group as tribute for the king, but you doubt he will ask much, and given his focus on the books, he will likely be sated with one or two of them (and perhaps a small cut of the hack metal.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2017, 06:00:21 pm »

Gunnvor scrounges for crossbow bolts, both ones she shot and any carried by the deceased monk.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2017, 07:07:17 pm »

In that case, Vil helps loot.
Black lives matter.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2017, 09:13:54 pm »

"Perhaps this one here will be best suited to hand over. Perhaps new places to raid or tales of places rife with treasure. I'd love to browse through it, but I lack the tongue to do so."

Varg finds a blank parchment and scribbles down the map onto it and tucks it away. He also grabs the shortsword
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2017, 12:14:02 am »

Giving the cooperative monk a pat on the shoulder, Úlfr continues to speak in the foreign tongue, "Rinn thu math roghainn, sagart. Bidh na leabhraichean a bhith sàbhailte, feumaidh tu mo facal. Tha mi dha-rìribh duilich a thàinig e an seo, a bhràthair. Tha na daoine agam nach eil a h-uile mar seo."
Help loot everything, especially the books. Wrap them up in some cloth (ideally not bloodstained robes or the tapestry).

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2017, 04:19:11 am »

As Njall is going around the monastery with a terribly pleased look on his face, he starts to hum an unfamiliar tune.

Grab the light crossbow and bum a few bolts off Gunnvor/steal some from the dead monk.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2017, 01:10:45 pm »

As Njall is going around the monastery with a terribly pleased look on his face, he starts to hum an unfamiliar tune.

Grab the light crossbow and bum a few bolts off Gunnvor/steal some from the dead monk.
You search the dead monk more thoroughly and find a pouch of 10 bolts tied to his belt. It's not much, but it will suffice.
Giving the cooperative monk a pat on the shoulder, Úlfr continues to speak in the foreign tongue, "Rinn thu math roghainn, sagart. Bidh na leabhraichean a bhith sàbhailte, feumaidh tu mo facal. Tha mi dha-rìribh duilich a thàinig e an seo, a bhràthair. Tha na daoine agam nach eil a h-uile mar seo."
Help loot everything, especially the books. Wrap them up in some cloth (ideally not bloodstained robes or the tapestry).
"Perhaps this one here will be best suited to hand over. Perhaps new places to raid or tales of places rife with treasure. I'd love to browse through it, but I lack the tongue to do so."

Varg finds a blank parchment and scribbles down the map onto it and tucks it away. He also grabs the shortsword
You make a reasonable impression of the map. You're not sure what any of the words or labels mean at the moment, but you mark down the rough area where you believe you are, based on Hroðgar's estimates.

And, of course, you claim the shortsword.
Gunnvor scrounges for crossbow bolts, both ones she shot and any carried by the deceased monk.
As luck would have it, every one of your bolts survived the impact.

You've finished looting the monastery. The important items have all been stored away or wrapped in spare robes and old blankets. If you have anything left to do, do it now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2017, 01:21:39 pm »

If there is an altar available, draw an X in blood over it and place the monk's severed head upon it.

It wasn't a terribly good trophy to begin with, and it seemed like the captain would probably disapprove of taking it along on the further journey. Shame there's nobody to lob it at.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9