Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)  (Read 23388 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)
« Reply #180 on: June 12, 2018, 08:19:46 pm »

We can go to the scribe first, to see if we can get information from the item itself. After, we go to the uncle.

(Sorry I have been away for a while, from this. I thought I had replied.)
Raymond the scribe 5,5
Conrad's uncle Ottmar  1

You Seattle on vising the scribe first, to see if you can get information from the items there selfies.

It take's you until later in the afternoon, just a little before night fall to reach the town of Rothtin.

After leaving your horses at tavern and booking a room for the night you go to meet Raymond the scribe.
The shop front is empty when Conrad knocks the side door.

"So you must be the man Conrad told me of , what is it that you me to transcribe?"  Raymond shakes your hand as you head up stairs in to a small room filled with books.
"Here, this belt, have you seen marking like this before? can you read them?" you ask him.

He sits down and stares at the belt for a while, some times turning it around and pulling a few books from the shelf.

"um... this lot are Sumerian but this lot are a corrupted version of Kizzuwatna and this is middle form Makkan but this is a later script." he tells you pointing at differing plates.
"Well what does it say?" you ask.

"Um, this one says Aliverta, here's another name Domarina and another one, Sepi their all names ladys names."
"There not in order or anything are they?" Ilerie asks
"No there all just names."
You thank him for his time and pass him a purse.

You spend the night in town and in the morning you head to Conrad's uncle Ottmar to see what he has.

His manor house is a large stone building, sheep are being shewn in the courtyard  when you enter.

For a minute you oddly ignored, despite your clear questions the people continue to work on.

Its not until Æstrid arrives , dressed for war, bedecked in iron mail and her war helm, the tusks glinting in the sun, thats you get some response as the men are stilled and the woman slide out of view.

The air is tense as Æstrid dismounts, "where is Ottmar?. My husband isn't used to being ignored and we have questions for him" she asks her voice loud and strong from in her helmet.

In response you see a runner go too fetch him.

The bad news he's half dressed and looks like he was rudely awakened.

"What is the meaning off this?
You? i should of known. " he points at Conrad.
"Go on buzz off! I've no money you.
Your a dunked and gambler! 
I don't care who this is you've got to dress up they can get lost too." he waves at you all.

"We came for a reason Ottmar. we what too-" you start before he interrupts you.

"What is it now? does he owe you money like the others? he owes me money as well you know!" Ottmar not keen to have a conversation.
"No we here that you have a curio, some thing i'm interested in buying, may i have a look at your collection please?" you ask.

"No, you may not see it. Begone with you.
And take the dunked with you." he shouts as he slam the door shut.

your a little way down the path when you stop to converse and consider your next action.

"That went well brother, what are we going to do? go back tonight and steal it?
Or maybe Æstrid can just burn the place down an kill every one. really did you have to do the whole wandering warrior, those farmers must of had a shock seeing you sis." Ilerie is sarcastic as she considers the options.
"Or we could go after that Raubritter, Higar get in the peoples good books then ask nicely with out the drunk that owes him money." Æstrid reply's.

"Higar but how are we going to handle it, he's in league with forces that make it a multifaceted challenge, you could try to win his confidence from the inside find out what your dealing with that way." Iewaelle muses.

1: Focus on Ottmar and
A: Attack storm the place and take the item
B: Try to bargain with him
C: Covertly steal the item

2: Focus on Higar and
A: Attack his encampment
B: Try to bargain with him
C: Infiltrate the gang and steal the item

Looking at Conrad's map he tells you that your near the port town of Rothtin.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peter Hudsley (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Our leading man? (click to show/hide)
Companions
Spoiler: Ilerie (sister) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Iewaelle the Sorceress (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  and here Iewaelle (click to show/hide)
Conrad
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 12, 2018, 08:42:09 pm »

((Well now we know who wears the pants in this relationship 0.0)
My gut says that trying again with the old fool will end with blood. Let’s avoid that for now.
Our sister and wife both know how well sneaking around has gone for us, so 2,B (or not to be.)
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2018, 08:14:40 pm »

((Well now we know who wears the pants in this relationship 0.0)
My gut says that trying again with the old fool will end with blood. Let’s avoid that for now.
Our sister and wife both know how well sneaking around has gone for us, so 2,B (or not to be.)
2, not all that wecomeing to you.

"We see what H wants, if we only have to cross his pram with silver that'll be a cheap price."
"And if else brother? do we..." I plays with the Gauntlet Claws on her hand.

Conrad leads you to Higar camp by a long twisty path, the route is overlooked by gray jagged cliffs.
There are watch men that make no effort to hide from you,  but nor do they to hinder your passage.
As you round a corner you see Higar's encampment, it fills the small beach, and seems to be barely large enough for the ship that is halfway up it careened on it's side.

You shake your head and don your snake topped helmet, spurring your horse on to the beech.
Hoofs clash on the pebbles as every one turns to look at the new comers.

"Where is Higar we have business with him!" you shout to demanding more attention.

His bodyguard arrives first, a mountain of man, shaven headed with squinty eyes.
His mailed fists grip a two handed warflail. 
"Who are?" he half growls at you.

"I am Peter, Wealder of the Cassiteride bowel ripper, Slayer of man and beast, He that has faced the Kjallak and lived!"
As you announce your self, a small man, shorter then yourself  arrives, he'sd clad in a bronze Behterets, an armour of mail and plates.

"Oh so you can announce your self like right little lord.
I am Higar, what do ya want here laddie?" For a such a small man Higar is dismissive of you.
Iewaelle, love what you here for? Need another of Amphitrite's children do you?" he trys to smile at her her but you can see the teeth chattering.

"No Higar, my body guards will tell you why we have come here, you have something and I want it." Iewaelle eyes flash catlike as she makes her demand.

"You have golden ring, marked like this and we want it. " as you talk, Æstrid get up in to the bodyguards face.
"It looks some thing like this." you throw the belt to him.

"Come with me.
You lot back to work!" he shout at the gathered crowd, and leads you in to a tent beside the ship.

"Right now i got this of some merchantmen, six months back or so, ta decks where red with blood in that one.." he mutters as heroots in the chest.
"Ah here it is, now here the bad new for your lad, ma lassy has eye on this one so it'll cost you" The thump of your purse on the table make his eyes open and ear prick up.

"Buy her some thing nice forget you had this.." you scoop it from his hands.
(- 1 coin)

You see the idea of argument cross his eyes before he lifts the bag.
"Gold is only gold peter, she'll get a necklace as well." he grins.

With the ring in your hands you do what?

(I'm away from the 22 until the the 10th of July.)

Companions
Conrad (guide)

[/quote]

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2018, 07:11:00 pm »

I will take it that we have gotten lucky so far, and have not been attacked by those trying to gather all the things to revive the daemon dude. So, let’s stake out the old fools place and see if they try to attack him.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2018, 08:04:43 am »

I will take it that we have gotten lucky so far, and have not been attacked by those trying to gather all the things to revive the daemon dude. So, let’s stake out the old fools place and see if they try to attack him.

"We have gotten lucky so far with others after the pieces and us, now we have the chance to be the hunters, we watch the bait and wait for them.
Any one have an thing to add?"

You set up camp on the hills above Ottmar's manor house.
The farm live goes on in the mid summer routine as you sit in camp checking your gear and resting.

"So they say your a sorceress Iewaelle? if you have such power why are you after some trinkets?" Conrad asks her as you sit idly one day.
"Do you see that up there? -she points to words the sky and the deep stormy clouds above- I seek the knowledge hidden in the clouds."

It's late night when finally they come for it.
The first you know is Conrad awakening you, "There comeing!, Armed men! A horde of them! Just like you said!." he's breath smells of ale.

"Slow down catch your breath... now how many? where? what do they look like?" you ask him.
"I was over at the way tavern near Weydon, lord when i seen them, more then a dozen moving by torch light.
They where riders in mail with spears in hand." he's voice is full of panic.

"Good wait here and i'll tell you what to do next."  you try to calm him down.

You see then come in the dead of night, a flaming lance rises on the horizon, hoof beats echo in the night.
By torch light you see the horse men stop, and gather on the hill top.

Iewaelle appears at your side from the shadows.

"Shall i dim there lances? ward you all from there arrows? take an others image? Wrap the night round us?"
"Why so help full now?" you ask as Ottmar's manor house starts to buzz with activity.

Your next move is to?

Use some magic?
Send a rider to raise the villagers to the defense?
Attack the riders? with bow an arrows or charge on horse back?
Try to hold the farmhouse?
Hide and follow the riders back some where?

Companions
Conrad (guide)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2018, 12:05:14 pm »

Alright, let’s take her up on her offer. Ask Iewaelle to make their lances brighter for a minute or two. It doesn’t have to stay, they just have to become a beacon to the foe they are trying to surprise. We need to send Conrad to town, and get us reinforcements, and then start pelting them with arrows. Iewaelle Can free to take as long as she needs on the whole beacon idea. That bastard down there doesn’t deserve too much help. Only the people who have nothing to do with this.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2018, 06:56:18 pm »

Alright, let’s take her up on her offer. Ask Iewaelle to make their lances brighter for a minute or two. It doesn’t have to stay, they just have to become a beacon to the foe they are trying to surprise. We need to send Conrad to town, and get us reinforcements, and then start pelting them with arrows. Iewaelle Can free to take as long as she needs on the whole beacon idea. That bastard down there doesn’t deserve too much help. Only the people who have nothing to do with this.
(How does Windows 7 have such a crap search engine, so bad that it can't find the TXT file with Iewaelle's spell list in.
It shouldn't be worse then XP's.)

"Conrad ride back to the village an raise a hue and cry, get every one over here sharpish.
I'm not to keen on that bastard down there, he doesn’t deserve much help but theirs a lot of people who have nothing to do with this.
So we have to hold them off just for a while, we can take our choice shots from the woods at them, pick off a few of the riders.
Iewaelle when Conrad gets back with reinforcements, i want you to turn those lances in to beacon lighting up the night."

Conrad rides a away in to the night and you all take up positions in the woods and wait.
The only thing you can hear is Iewaelle slowly chatting "Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha.

"Sweet Hildisvíni, that really is an iron woman!" Æstrid gulps at the sight of her and clutches a pendent.
"I've never seen such armour, how can we even try hurt her?"
You fear that Æstrid might be right, the woman's armour is impressive as it covers her from crown to heel.
She's encased in a steel shell, that makes her waist narrow an wasp like, and her face hidden under a silver mask, she almost insect like.

You wait for the moment and draw back your bow, sending an arrow deep into her horse's flank, it falls and the horsemen scatter.

"Arral! "the iron woman snarls as she cast a burning lance back at you.
For a moment the flickering flames illuminate you as it hammers in to the tree, then the flames are stuffed out like a candle.

Æstrid crossbow whips thru the branches as you move to the deep shadows.

Shooting from behind trees and bushes you keep the horse men back but the dim light hinders your aim.
The shouts of the riders and a mans screams of pain fills the night but the iron woman shout's again gathering the riders.

You try to wound her but she only snarls another insult as the arrow glance from her steel chest.
The riders extinguish there lances and form up in to close square that gallops down towards the farm.

The farmers have only just started to see what happening when the riders are atop them.
You see the horsemen encircle them, herding them in to the court yard.

Metal boots clatter on the cobbles as the iron woman dismounts before the gathered farm-workers, she pull somthing from the saddle.

You see it raised in the moonlight, a flanged mace with a long iron handle, it's bass head is covered in runes.
Theirs shouts as the riders start to ransack the hall.

Companions
Conrad (guide)

[/quote]

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 21, 2018, 07:06:17 pm »

(Well, that’s sucky. Honestly, I keep everything I. Folders on the desktop, so i never had to search like that)

Well, it’s time for the real fight. I guess we rush in and hope re enforcements come soon. Else we will die before long. First thing first, though, that woman needs to be taken down. There has to be a joint where our sword can find a home.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2018, 02:41:51 am »

(Finally the great fire ball is gone! once more i can use my PC without it over heating.
My graphics card was overheating and makeing things get wobbly with heat.

(Well, that’s sucky. Honestly, I keep everything I. Folders on the desktop, so i never had to search like that)

Well, it’s time for the real fight. I guess we rush in and hope reinforcements come soon. Else we will die before long. First thing first, though, that woman needs to be taken down. There has to be a joint where our sword can find a home.

"Die bandits! Death to the scum! "you shout as your rush out from the trees.
The iron woman turn her head, "Yskal!" she shouts point at some of the riders, and they turn to face you.

They meet you mid way to the manor house, eight men and one woman of iron clad, against the three of you.
Æstrida takes the lead a mighty queen of battle, your wife is fast with axe and deadly with each blow.
You trust with your bowel ripper at the first raider, he parry your blade in to the dirt with his mace and hooks your shield to the side with an axe.

He grins with crooked teeth, rasieing his mace over head for the death blow, but you pull your blade back ripping his knee in half with the serrations.

And then she's in front of you, the iron woman, her flanged mace in hand.
You parry the first blow with your shield, you're arm stings from the impact, but you still thrust in towards her armpit.
The swords tip skids off the besagew on to the shoulder guard, and gauntleted fist smacks you to the floor, splitting your cheek open.

Her iron finger's tighten around your neck and she lifts you up to face a silver mask, black fish like eyes stare at you with discard.

You try to pull the teeth edge of you bowel ripper along the back of her knee, to no effect.
She throws you to to ground and whirls her mace around over her head, you throw your self up in to the blow, her arm still hammerers down on your back.
You feel the mace's power pass thru you like a wave of thunder, what ever power it holder your not it's target.

From under under her legs, you thrust upwards, the blade skids off her culets, up past her buttocks in the flat of her back.
She howls as your blade finally bites in to flesh, a steel shod boot hits you and the world spins.
by the time you come to Æstrid, is fighting three men at once, she blocks one thrust, ducks out the second and end's the third with blow that cut's the mans head free from his holders.

From in side the the manor you hear the screams and see the flames raceing upwards, men are set alight by there lances as the magic takes over,
flames reach for the the sky as every lance is turned in a blazing shaft that sears the heavens.

The iron woman turns from you, Ilerie try's a strike with her flail, but the blow misses her head and only spins harmlessly in the air.

As you rise back to your feet the village militia reinforcements crest the hill top on three sides, it's not a help full sight, a mass of men with spears that half know how to hold them right.
More by shear weight of numbers do they make the raiders panic and mount there horses.
The militia make a steady but slow march, there instep each man by his neighbors with spear and shield ready.
The slow march let the raiders flees, you try to chance the iron woman but even wounded she;s able ignore your tackle with backhanded a tump.

As Æstrid does her best to patch up the split cheek the village guard does it best to deal with a burning manor stead.

By the time dawn bakes there's little left but ash and many thankfull villagers that your actions saved from the fire.
As Iewaelle looks grim you confront her about the last night and the iron woman.
"You warned us, what was the woman?" you as Iewaelle

"Her, She is not of woman born, it's a monster from the age of shadows, things were meant to drown long ago.
Now we have an answer -she grins holding a iron ring-.
 "I know were we have to go, but you won't like it."For a minute you van see fear in her eyes.
"Where, do we have to go?"
"South, deep south in to the land of the Ice Maidens, it is a cursed place forsaken by gods and beast.
I went there once, thousand men marched before my raven banner, strong men and each armed for war, 10 of us left that place alive.
The wind blows shards of ice, sharp as razors that stripe the flesh from your bones
Then there’s the tribes, wild women, man eaters, teeth like spears, they eat the women folk and take the men unto there dark caves for the ways.". Iewaelle shudders as she speaks.

For your reward your ask for
1) A weapon from fallen raiders.
2)Some of the villages remaining gold.
3)A night with villages fairest maiden.
4)A armour from fallen raiders.
5) An old relic of interest to you. (pick what)
6)Nothing they clearly need what ever they have left more then you.
Companions
Conrad (guide)

[/quote]
[/quote]

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 07:17:52 pm by Funk »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2018, 08:48:30 pm »

"We already have a good weapon, and, while gold is nice, I don't think we need it as much where we are going.
 I will ask for a night with the most beautiful woman in the village." he said looking at his wife expectantly. "But that's not something that you guys can give me. What you can give me, on the other hand is (4, 1, 7) Some of the armor off the dead men, as well as a weapon. You will need Sir, as I tried to warn you of the danger of the item you had in your possession, and even to buy it off you with gold, But you waved me off like I were some drunk gambler, costing the lives of these citizens. The least you could do, for them, is risk your own in setting things right. At least to get us to the base leg of our journey."

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2018, 02:44:16 pm »

"We already have a good weapon, and, while gold is nice, I don't think we need it as much where we are going.
 I will ask for a night with the most beautiful woman in the village."
he said looking at his wife expectantly. "But that's not something that you guys can give me.
What you can give me, on the other hand is (4, 1, 7) Some of the armor off the dead men, as well as a weapon. You will need Sir, as I tried to warn you of the danger of the item you had in your possession, and even to buy it off you with gold, But you waved me off like I were some drunk gambler, costing the lives of these citizens. The least you could do, for them, is risk your own in setting things right. At least to get us to the base leg of our journey."

Your tired, battered and bruised when the village elders and local bürger gather around to ask you what you want as a reward.

"I don't need a weapon, i have a fine blade all ready.
Now i will ask for a simple pleasure, one night a night with the most beautiful woman.
But that's not something that you guys can give me, she's already mine, my sweet rose Æstrid." you smile at her.

"Oh honey, you really were risking a slap there." Æstrid plants a peck on your cheek.

"So what is it we can give you Mr Hudsley? We could raise some funds to pay you a reward..." the bürger suggests.

"No, not gold, where we are going, it'll just be worthless yellow rock there.
What i what is what i came for the first time.

Ottmar, I tried to warn you of the danger of the item you had in your possession, and even to buy it off you with gold,
But you waved me off like I were some drunk gambler, costing the lives of these citizens. The least you could do, for them, is risk your own in setting things right."

"You came with a drunk gambler, offering a fortune for just a worthless trinket, that was odd like some dammed trick.
But you can take the blasted ring, the gods rot it!
It's cursed i tell you." Ottmar throw sthe ring at the mud before you.

You spend the happy night with Æstrid and in the morning while hunting thru the wreckage of the battle you find.
A discarded pair of doe skin gloves with mail backing, and a small battleaxe with an iron reinforced haft.

Soon your on your way, headed south as the sloop cuts thru the cold winds.

There's a knock at the cabin door and a fur clad Iewaelle enters.
"Peter, i want to talk to you.
With the ring and the belt together , we have enough part of the armour to reform them, mold the magic in to something new.
Recast them in to a weapon, armor or a magic token.
Do you have any ideas of what you'd like?
Anyway we have land soon then the real journey starts
It'll probably be the last chance we get to hire any help as well..."

Make a magic weapon? armour? token?
Hire help?

Companions
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:23:58 am by Funk »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2018, 10:24:10 am »

Bump

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2018, 10:26:20 am »

Interesting I will be watching this thread.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 19, 2018, 07:46:21 pm »

Thanks funk.
My choice was to have an enchanted piece of armor made for Iewaelle. She will likely need it, as the least physically protected of our group.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2018, 09:44:10 am »

Roll, self fighting armour

----------------------
“Armour, for you Iewaelle, your the most likey to need it.
I’ve seen you fight with sword, crossed your blade and a master swordswoman you are far from.
And it’d be a shame if i failed as your bodyguard.”

“You fear for my live now?
Am i so easy broken? To be slain so easily? “ she argues.

“I can’t argue with that logic, i’ve tried and you bunt that arrow from the sky.
But you spent months to find me again, we can't lose you and win this.”

She nods, “Then armour i’ll make, now leave me be and bar the door no one is to enter until i have done.”

For the next night you hear nothing and see nothing from her cabin until Iewaelle exits the cabin at dawn.

She wears her new armour, a breastplate with a pair of combined Spaulders and rerebraces.
The grey iron is dull in the light, so the pair of stylized grotesque skulls, leer out from her bust.
Cowning her shoulders are a dozen of what you can only describe as skeletal spider like legs, limbs that twitch and clatter as she walks.

You soon land in the ice filled port of Luzhkovburg.
A cold wind blows thru the town keeping the people in doors and under thick layer of fur when they venture outdoors
You spend a short while shopping, it’s simple things like new woolen socks and a heavy winter coat, a fur hat and and coaks that you all buy (-2 Cash)
Wrapped in a new woolen scarfs and fur coak’s the party head's in to the ice.

Days pass as you head icewards the air changes and starts to hang with frozen ice, you start to breathe through your scarf so that each breath stings less from the ice.

It takes you a week to reach the first real landmark,  a tower of blackstone, that rises into the sky, up until it reach’s the first for the ice clad mountains.

The land before is scattered with the bodys, of men long since dead, there body's frozen in place by years of ice, iw seems to be a little saddened.

As you climb the tower, the stairs are coated with crimson ice and old weapons of bronze and rusted steel.

"you seen to be a little off to day Iewaelle?" Ilerie asks her.

"I knew these men once, that was long ago, and i was a fool to of done it."  Iewaelle shakes her head at the thought of it

As you reach the upper slope of the cliff face there a stillness are you walk on.
Still there are bodys shattered but now you see the you see maces of ivory, spearheads and daggers, warriors clad in armour of ivory plates and war dress.
There wounds are thing no man's hand can do, limbs turned to ash or ripped like rags
Days pass as your foots crunch on the snow.

"We have a choice, we can run the gauntlet, head straight to the mountain but that takes us in to ice maidens caves.
Or with head over the glaciers, longer but safer unless we all freeze to our deaths or starve."

1) Run the gauntlet thru the caves
2) Head around

Companions

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15