Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)  (Read 23402 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2018, 01:06:29 pm »

((I live in Florida. Snow is my Unicorn.))
Well, this isn’t good, but, we can’t let our wife go on her own. Not with the threat of the Askuzai around.  B. But we tell our sister to keep on with the group. We will catch up with her in an hour or two.
"Dam it, I'm going after her.
Ilerie I'll meet you at the fort"

You shout as run after Æstrid.
With the head start, Æstrid is ahead of you as you race after here thrush the maze of twisting trees and bushes towards the smoke.

Finally Æstrid stops running and you reach her at the top of a steep wooded bank.
You start to catch and breath to ask Æstrid why she ran, when you look down into the clearing below.
There's three Askuzai around a burning statue of a boar, it's bigger than a man and carved from some mighty oak.
Flames lick the tusks as the men laugh, kicking over bowls and scattering the offerings.

Æstrid is angry, her work has been destroyed, her temple defiled, slowly she makes her way down the slope with axe in hand.

Her axe splits the first man's collarbone in half, burying itself deep in him.
The woman beside him trusts but the spear bounces from Æstrid's mail.
A boot kicks her legs from under her and Æstrids sword flashes with crimson.
The third man tries to run, but his hoofed boots dig in to the soft mud and seal his fate.

With sadness her eyes, Æstrid looks back at the burning statue and then you both head towards the fort.
"it's not to bad.. ill build another one.."

From the tree line you can see the Askuzai's attack on the fort, the Askuzai are riding past in sweeping curves losing flaming arrows in to the buildings.
Keeping the the defenders busy and wearing them out, making them run out of arrows before the assault.

You try to get back in to the fort by :

1: Run straight for the walls, hopeing that you don’t get speared in the back.
2: Wait until darkness and sneak across the open ground.
3: Sabotage the Askuzai's camp.
4: Don’t and try to meet up with the reinforcements.
4: Other
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:31:21 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2018, 07:29:01 pm »

3. I am sure our wife would not mind a small chance to defile them. Hell, steal some of their ammo and weapons while we are at it, and light fire to what we leave behind.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:30:54 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2018, 08:27:59 pm »

3. I am sure our wife would not mind a small chance to defile them. Hell, steal some of their ammo and weapons while we are at it, and light fire to what we leave behind.
(DF and more snow)

"Wait a minute, if there all here, wheres there camp?"
“Yes lets have some fun with them.
Burn it down, draw them away from the walls."

The Askuzai's camp is easy to find, the trail of hoofs scares the ground in a clear route to it.
Leaves rustle on the trees as you look at the camp, there a handful of leather tents and a cooking fire tended by a single men.

A bolt flys from Æstrid’s crossbow and he slumps in the firepit, you walk in to there camp.

With Æstrid standing watch, you check each tent in time, finding them be mostly filled with the smell of soured milk and sweat.
The mix of bowls, bags and small tools is uselessness to you.
As you open the final tent, the smell of beeswax greets you.
Rows of wicker boxes, full of arrows line the tent.
And hanging in center from the ridge pole, a sleeveless vest of iron lamellar.

You pull it down and wiggle your arms in to place, tightening the leather straps on side until it fits you well.

With your new armor on, the task of destroying the camp returns to the forefront.
Æstrid stands by the fire pits trying to rekindle the hissing smokey embers hiss, as blood boils on the ashes.

As you start to chop up wicker boxes, you hear Æstrid shout
"Honey, there comeing back!"
You exit the tent just in time to see the first rider charge.
With sable held ready he thunders towards Æstrid, but at the last moment she steps to the side of the horse her axe splinting man and beast in half.

You both run straight into the tree line, the burning it will have to wait for another day.
Its an hour later when your able to cross the no-mans land and enter the fort.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:31:36 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2018, 10:36:08 am »

Well, it doesn’t help that we left the ammo behind, but, whatever. New armor.
work on holding out longer, for reinforcements.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2018, 11:42:39 pm »

Well, it doesn’t help that we left the ammo behind, but, whatever. New armor.
work on holding out longer, for reinforcements.
5 arrive in time

Your sister looks relieved to see you as you enter the gate.
"I take it that was your doing?” Ilerie asks rhetorically.
"Well we gave them a little to think about if that's what you mean.." Æstrid smiles

The night is long and cold, as the wind and rain comes in hard, but at-least your nights watch is quite.

"Can't sleep?", Ilerie asks you, wrapped up in her green cloak against the wind and rain.
"Um?" 
-She looks around to see the other guards are out of earshot and step closer.-
“ I haven't told the others, but we're running low on arrows, at this rate we'll be down to using harsh language by sunset tomorrow.
We just have to hope the messengers got thru, still it going to be close, so you might need to be as good as your boast earlier."   She cracks a nervous smile.
Ilerie seems to be a different woman, more at home and certainly better dressed, a lordly gold toque around her neck, a mail shirt and embossed kardiophylax, it the image of fighting noble woman.

"You go spend to night your wife, I'll cover your shift..."
While the words are unspoken, it’s clear that this might be your last night together...

The birdsong awakes you in the morning.
The fort is still and tense, you see Æstrid sharpening her sword with a steely focus, as other men try to ready themselves for the coming fight.

You eat your breakfast atop the wall, looking out at the Askuzai as they fell and delimb a stout tree, a log ram to batter down the gateway with.

The morning mist still hangs on the hill tops when a distant horn blows, and from out of the fog comes, a pair of chariots.

The crew are clearly men of war each one, bedecked in finery and battle-gear, there gold and steel shine from them in sun.
Alone side the chariots, comes a line of men with spears and shields painted bright.
Slowly the line advances, from the rear bow men fire at any Askuzai that come into range.
Kept back by bow and spear, the Askuzai have no choice but to let them in to the fort.

Vicixtillus dismounts from the lead chariot and beckons your sister into the hall.
His bodyguard a huge beaded wall of man stands  in the doorway and makes it clear that your not invited.

Still your able to listen in from below a window, caching some of what said.

“The signs have been bad, nights hunted by howling winds, things that carry off cattle in the night, beast on  two legs.
Well that what the sages say…
.. That's why King Wischard has sent these mercenaries...
...but there is some hope, Shyshel the leader of this band has a sister..
...Kill one and let the other rule..
I have to call your warriors...meet Wischard with fire..

A short while later Vicixtillus oh so convenity “bumps” in to you.
“Sorry about that, Ah peter isn't it? Your Ilerie brother.
I hear you have some kind of past in dealing with the general nastiest of magic.
Well that not what i need you for…

1)I need good fighters, men like you stiffen the line, will you march with my army?
2)This is private matter, i need you to be discrete about it, there a woman, my brother has eyes for this slave girl, he meet years ago visiting a Harlem in the north. I need you to bring her back here as befits his station.
Or are you going to forget everything i just said?
3) There’s a band of Crupellarii, awaiting payment down in Aquilon, can you take it to them?.

Spoiler: Peter Hudsley (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Our leading man? (click to show/hide)
Companions

Spoiler: Ilerie (sister) (click to show/hide)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2018, 09:49:53 pm »

((Sorry I took so long. To be honest, I didn’t know what to choose. My mind isn’t as sharp as it usually is.))

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2018, 07:57:45 pm »

((Sorry I took so long. To be honest, I didn’t know what to choose. My mind isn’t as sharp as it usually is.))

(Well there no right or wrong choices, this up date you got some bad rolls. )

"Well if it for love who am i to deny it?
So tell me more about this woman? what does she look like?" you ask.

Vicixtillus squirms a little "Ah.. you see, I've never meet her and he's never told me about her properly, Sure i've heard him talk of her but its,
That she’s tall, with a body oh so soft and fine, she has legs that go one for days and she know how to use then is such ways, her hands are soft and smooth like silk.
Her skin is as pale and smooth as the moonlight, her hair of amber is braided with beads of silver and glass, her lips are ruby red and eyes like emeralds that shine like the morning sun.
she smell of cinnamon and honey, wear a cloak of feathers and rode a horse black as darkest night.

Oh and that she shits only gold and roses, her farts smell like sweet incense too.
My brother, Sagillus is prone to bragging but if she half as beautiful as he boost.. then she must be someone worth it.”

"That gives me a start, I'll go just looking around for the stray nymphs and fallen angels then.
Come, she has a name right? He must remember that.”

"Yes, Sabrinei, he whispers it in his sleep and calls it out the arms of other women.
Here this is the ring that she gave him, a little token to remember her by.
-He passes you a simple gold ear ring with moving beads of blue glass and amber.-
Maybe that will help you.
The man that owned her was called Ulfketil Kadalsson, he's a powerfull jarl and a renowned warrior, but most importantly he's a good friend of the Sabine peoples, so do not insult or anger him.
My the gods speed your journey Peter."

The minute you start pack the plan changes.
“So when do we leave?” Ilerie asks off hand as walk past her.
“We? hu what?” you stutter, trying to ignore her.
“Don’t play that game brother, I'm coming with you too.”
“But-” you start to argue.

“Honey, you didn't think I'd like you run after this poor woman on your own did you?” Æstrid smiles at you, with her pack over her shoulder.

“No, i just thought one of you might stay here, keep the home fires burning, that kind of thing.
-sigh- neither of you are that kind of woman are you?
Come on, let's hit the road then.”

The journey starts well enough, but soon there's an unseasonable snowfall and the roads turn to mud.

Then you meet them the village levy, half a dozen armed men blocking the bridge.

“Halt travelers!
Well what do we have here?
One two three for you, one two three and one two three four five for her,
Right so the fee is twelve tornesels.” the man in charge of group shouts.

“Fee? what fee?” Æstrid asks
“Arms fee, love a silver tornesel for every bit of battle gear you bring across the bridge.” your not convinced by his words.

“You're pulling my leg, that’s dren, your making it up. “
“Oh no it’s the law the money goes to pay the man price, after all you might hurt somebody.” he retorts unconvincingly.

“I’ll hurt you in minute! If you keep up with this blather, you just want my silver for drink!” Æstrid shouts back at the men.
They tense up a little, there not

“Well we can always lighten your load, If that helps…
Take your weapon instead of cash, that's a nice helmet pass it here girl.”

There’s a clatter of steel as Æstrid leaves her saddle, raises her helmets veil and grips her sword’s hilt.
“Come try it, Hildisvíni is hungers for your blood.” she boasts goading the men.

A for a long moment, you let her stare then, waiting as sinks in that half of them are armed with cudgels, and she’s got a sword on her belt and armored from head to shin.

“Æstrid calm down, i’m sure we can work something out with these gentlemen.
You see she a little touche and well, she's a passionate woman, my little rose...”

In the end they settle for three silver tornesels, which lightens your purse greatly.
But you are given password to free your from further tolls.
(-2 Cash)

You reach the mead hall from which Jarl Kadalsson rules, inside is his harem full of concubines and hopefully the fabled Sabrinei.

1)Try to  plead with him on the grounds of love that he should let you take Sabrinei back to Sagillus?
2) Try to buy Sabrinei from him?
3) Try to enter his harem?
4) Try to have Æstrid or Ilerie join his harem to find Sabrinei?
5) Try to Join the harem yourself?
6) Other ideas?

Companions

« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 10:17:50 pm by Funk »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2018, 01:19:02 am »

2. We will earn her. Offer him 5 coin. And then offer to make the rest up in a task. Surely a man of his stature is not without those who wish to take what is his. Surely he knows that an ounce of peace is worth a woman’s weight in gold.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 06, 2018, 07:37:17 am »

2. We will earn her. Offer him 5 coin. And then offer to make the rest up in a task. Surely a man of his stature is not without those who wish to take what is his. Surely he knows that an ounce of peace is worth a woman’s weight in gold.
(offer, 5)

You let your sister go in first as befits her rank to make the introductions.
The inside is dark and smokey, women are busy salting meat as the men play tafl.
As you shake the rain from your cloak, men touch charms and make protective signs.

"Lady Ilerie?
My lord will see you now." the steward leads you thru a curtain in to a large side room.

"A guest my lord, the Lady Ilerie, one Peter Hudsley and his wife Æstrid." the steward points at each of you in turn before you seated.

Jarl Kadalsson is large man, his hair thin and grey like steel.
"Well I take it Vicixtillus has not sent you to ask my aid the war.
I've sworn that my lands will know peace until my son comes of age.
So why are you here Ilerie?"

"It is not me but my brother has come to see you jarl." Ilerie bows and steps back.

"-cough- uh.. I have come on a mission of love, for Sagillus brother of Vicixtillus, he desires
heart and hand of your maiden, Sabrinei.
Now surely a man of your stature is not without those who wish to take what is yours but
to that end, I'll pay you for her in gold."

He laughs and slap his leg.
"Money, oh what a fool you are, no gold or gems can every buy a woman's heart.
A Love bought is like a fire, it burns and then it's gone.
Oh i see now your man that does not want her for himself, well that's a first."

A servant places bowls of stew in front of you, she turns to leave, her hand and torches a small pendant .

"Wait! Girl how many guests do we have?" Kadalsson asks.
"Just the three here my Jarl." she tells him before leaving.

"Then it is true.. the signs.." he mutters.
"What signs, folk have been a little odd around us, why is that?"Æstrid asks

"It doesn't matter, some mumbo jumo about a witch child an two headed pig.
As for the matter in hand, i must say No.”

"Please consider the offer, surely ounce of peace is worth a woman’s weight in gold." "And my honors worth an age of war.”
"uh what if we make up the rest in a task?” you offer.

With that he sits back and smiles.

“I'll tell you what you see the witch child, hear her words and then i'll let you..
Sabrinei... Sabrinei is to be the bride of my son Guthorm.
You listen to the witch child and i'll let you take Sabrinei to Sagillus and have Guthorm meet them both.
They can settle the matter by themselves, that would be best.
Do we have a deal Peter?"

Companions

[/quote]

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2018, 11:30:12 pm »

That is far better than what we could have asked for. This mans wisdom knows no bounds. And that’s not to far from a slight exaggeration.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2018, 05:06:18 pm »

That is far better than what we could have asked for. This man’s wisdom knows no bounds. And that’s not to far from a slight exaggeration.

"Of course, how could i deny such a simple request." you answer Kadalsson.

You eat a hearty meal in his hall before the guide comes to take you to see the so called "witch child".

"Brother, i'm a little worried about this, That was far better than what we could have asked for.
While this man's wisdom knows no bounds. And that’s not too far from a slight on his honor to put it so slightly.
Why does he ask this of us?" Ilerie asks you.
"It troubles me too but we only have to hear this witch, nothing more."

The guide stops outside of a large Dolmen, the stones half buried in a mound.
You can smell wood smoke from a fire with in.
"This is the place, the she's in there awaiting." the man tells you, his knees trembling. 

As you enter the cave like mound, you blink waiting for you eyes to adjust to the dark and dim.
in the chamber there a low fire and an aged woman cooking over the fire, her face is like a rocky crag, she smiles at you, her teeth few and brown.

"You have come as the bone has told me, a man bound to two women, kin by blood and custom, one red as fire the other black as night.
Come child! There here." the crone calls out.

And so from behind the smokey fire, the fabled witch child comes.
You see that the witch child is more of a girl in frame, about 9 or 10 years old from the size of her.

Covered in thick cloak, she stand in front of you her face hidden by shadows.

"Peter Hudsley fighter of titans, Æstrid sworn of the boar and Ilerie mistress of brigands and thieves.
You have be dawn her at my request, There in a evil! one of the hidden masters servants rises! the signs are-"

"Enough! Tell what this is about! my dinner is getting cold" Æstrid cuts in.
The
She pulls back the veil , her hair is silver white, eye black as coals and skin plane like snow.
"Iewaelle!"
You jump back as your hand flys to your sword hilt.

"Steady now, you both know my power, i'm here to talk with you.
"Then talk! You Sorceress OR be gone!" Æstrid shouts waving her sword.

"I what to hire bodyguards." she calmly states.
"You want body guard? what for? why do you need guards?" you ask.

"Have you ever heard the tale of Ostgre? the hero queen of Ostgres?"
You all look at her blankly.

Yes well skipping to bit there she kills the man demon in his bed and ticks him to takeing her jeweled armour as another body.
Someone is trying to gather the parts together, rebuild the prison and then what? free the man demon? Claim his power for their own?.  "

"No tell us" Ilerie asks

"You must be the only two that haven't heard that tale then,
In short there was an evil thing, part man part demon, the worst of both, and after many years and uncountable deeds of evil.
He was seduced by a beautiful woman, a smith's daughter named Ostgre.
For she had a plot to end him and heart of pure and noble strength. 
She plied demon with strong drink until he let her take her Wedding gifts in the bed with her, oddly this was a suit of the covered her head to toe in the strongest armour and a jeweled dagger.
Then she killed him in his sleep, and tick him to take that armour for a new body.
But metal is slow and heavy, she broke this new body apart in to a thousand pieces, married a dozen princes and had the armour scattered among her children and grandchildren.
So that for all time the armour would be broken down into smaller parts, for ever harder for the man demon to escape from.

What you what the long version? That take a full month to tell and that if we skip the details about socks and the dragon, the sky giants and the bit with that talking deer."

“You still have told us why you want us?” Ilerie asks
“I need someone better than the common sellswords, someone with honour.”

“No, your a witch and i don't trust you. Æstrid states
“Your quest intrages me.
Pete what do you say? Should we go with her or not?  Ilerie asks you.

1) Take on Iewaelle’s the task of a bodyguard.
2) Escort  Sabrinei to her suitors?

Companions

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:31:00 pm by Funk »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2018, 01:51:19 am »

Guess we gotta save the gods damned world.

Make sure the two will be sent back as promised with a good guard, then take to demon artifact hunting or whatever the sorceress is about.

I wonder if she can pay us in gold, gems or cosmic powers.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2018, 08:11:38 am »

I only partially agree with you. First, my biggest disagreement. Because this woman has tried, extremely hard, to kill n, and we have proven victorious over her, apparently forcing her to flee several times, she should give us her life, for good. And, because I want no tricks, she shall serve us, the offspring of our mothers offspring, and our bones, for the rest of HER life. We will accept no less, than the offspring of our wife, and their offspring, and so on.

That witch has been the biggest threat to us since day one. And we fought bloody titans off, with peasants.

Secondly, we should finish our first task first. She is free to join us on the way. Who knows, we may find one of the scattered armor pieces.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2018, 11:49:33 pm »

Guess we gotta save the gods damned world.

Make sure the two will be sent back as promised with a good guard, then take to demon artifact hunting or whatever the sorceress is about.

I only partially agree with you. First, my biggest disagreement. Because this woman has tried, extremely hard, to kill n, and we have proven victorious over her, apparently forcing her to flee several times, she should give us her life, for good. And, because I want no tricks, she shall serve us, the offspring of our mothers offspring, and our bones, for the rest of HER life. We will accept no less, than the offspring of our wife, and their offspring, and so on.

That witch has been the biggest threat to us since day one. And we fought bloody titans off, with peasants.

Secondly, we should finish our first task first. She is free to join us on the way. Who knows, we may find one of the scattered armor pieces.
[/quote]
(Rolls (1,3) well that could be worse..)

“You what us to help save the wold, hunt down some demon artifact? Whatever i’m in.
What do we get?
Can you pay us in gold?, gems or cosmic powers?” Ilerie is clearly excited at the idea.

“Not so fast, this woman has tried, extremely hard, to kill us.” you warn her.

"When did i ever try to kill you?
Oh that, it was nothing nothing personal, it doesn't count, you challenged me.
if recall you cheated.” Iewaelle replies.

“It doesn't matter, i’ve bested you” you boast.
“I want you to kneel down and swear that you will serve me, the offspring of my wife, and their offspring, and so on.
I want you to do this for the rest of your foul sorceress life
I will accept no less, you will enter this bondage for good.
Then i'll help you.” You hold your sword at her neck.

“Or what you’ll kill me? Oh you’ve kill me twice.
Hows that been working out for you?
You fear me, and my powers but i come in good faith to warn you both and this is how you answer me?
Id thought better of you then this Peter.” Iewaelle looks at you disappointed.

You feel scared, killing her will do nothing only anger her, and you know that and is this right enslaving someone like this?
As the doubts circle in your mind, Ae strikes her from behind with the flat of her axe.

“What you do that for? Ae she was just about offer us some big rewards.” Ilerie shouts as you stand over the stunned body of Iewaelle.

It takes you a short while to decide what to do...

Then you return to the hall, you see Jarl Kadalsson talking to a woman on a horse.
She's a beauty, dressed finely from the silver headband set with amber, to the flowing blue robes, lavish silver bracelets on her arms and ankles and high girdle belt of silver plates and chain.

“So your my escorts then.” She smiles at you, a thick necklace of gold spiked chains glints in sun.
“I take it your the beauty Sabrinei then?” She blushes.
“Yes and you must be Peter the mighty slayer of titans and monsters.”

As you leave the hall, Iewaelle is:
A) Angered with a sore head but left far behind.
B) Bruised and coming with you.
C) Captive, bound and hooded.
D) Dead, well you tried your best again.
E) Something else?

Companions

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2018, 09:39:54 pm »

B I told her we would accept no less, from her. That will be the prize that we will get from our hard work. Not gold, or riches, though our sister can take that, if she wants. It would probably be fore the best, anyway. Regardless, we have a job to do, and we will see it done.

((In secret, there is fear for our wife’s life. Remeber what the prophetess said.))

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15