Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)  (Read 23431 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 12:22:20 pm »

Er what?
Lets see...
Oh, the options weren't in order, I was Voting for the second one, but I guess that the third is just as good.
That was my fault but there's no way of me knowing that before hand that you'd miss read the text.
Don't worry i'm sure you'll find some more companions soon.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 11:06:13 pm »

Sneak around and unhitch the cattle. Spook them with some rocks thrown to the hind quarters, from a safe distance, and watch the guards, and whomever else give chase after them. that should create the first opening.

We should be doing the sneaking. we are in simpler clothing, and will blend in far more. Tarquin should hide and surprise the enemy if things go badly.

"I do have a plan, the cattle, i'll spook them, we let the guards chase after the cows.
That should create the first opening.
You stay back until i spook the cows."

With that said you set off, crouching down as you half walk and half crawl in to some bushes near to the cows.

One, Two and three stones to the cows buttocks and the herd starts to move away from you.

There's a shout from the watchman as the panicked cows pick up speed and numbers.
In turn you see the watchman run after the cows quickly by four of the bandits.

Then it happens one of the them pass just to close to your hideing place and you both look the other in the eye.

"There! Get him!" the man shouts as he raise an axe.

You leap to your feet and take wild swing at him, slashing him across the forehead.
As blood pours down one bandits face, another step forwards to face you.
He's a big fat man with metal studded club held in both hands.

As he runs at you ram your sword forwards in to his knee, splitting the kneecap and party severing the leg.
He falls screaming in pain as the rest of the bandits surround you.

A tall man with long plaited beard stare at you.

"So that fat old goat had son i see.
Well kill you like he killed my brother!" as he speaks he tosses a spiked mace from hand to hand.

Just then Tarquin enteres the clearing with his spear held high and armour shineing in the fire light.

"Stop in the name of House Hostilius!"
He shouts as he makes an infective stab at your challengers shoulder.

The wounded man strikes back in a rage with his club.
The blow lands with a crunch and Tarquin arms drops down with crack and hangs limp.

You make a swing at Tarquin's attacker but he ducks under your blade and
comes back at you with swing to your arm.
A jolt of pain shocks your arm as he hit your elbow.

Angered you headbutt him, mashing his nose before you take your sword in both hands and strike him with all your force
You're blade slices deep into him, splitting several ribs and unleashing a gout of blood as he dies.

A woman's shout echoes as she come at you screaming puntite warcrys, an ebony banshee.

But Tarquin is ready, his spear in his good hand, he darts forwards letting the spear slide through his fingers
And the bronze point screwer's straight in to a woman's eye and out the rear of her skull.
Blood gurgles from wound as last of bandits turn and run in to the night.

You do your best to fashion a splint for Tarquin arms and then you loot the bandit camp.
The bad news is there little of value, it's mostly pedestrian stuff, barrels of salt fish, a pair of brass goblets, a canvas sack of rock salt and dozens of bolt of spun wool.
But you do find a silver armlet, set with a single sapphire.

You sit up through the night wary that the bandit might return but they don't.
And so a little after dawns first light you see a familiar face and head in to town.

What do you plan on doing?

Buy some thing? (You have the cash to buy three major items.)

To save me having to type up a massive list of most useless items and prices,then do a page of sums just to have a massive list of crap sitting around for ever, we're just listing major items so weapons, armour, horses and other important things.

Minor items are unlisted things your just expected to have, i.e. food, a water skin, means of lighting fire and so on
To buy stuff just list the type of items your after, I.E. a helmet, a horse, some body armour, a bow.
More detail doesn't mean that you'll find that thing as is

See if you  can fine some more companions?
Look for work?

Spoiler: Peter Hudsley (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarquin Hostilius (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 05:46:12 am »

Bump

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2017, 01:06:42 pm »

A map. . . . A bow and arrow set for ourselves. . . . . light padded armor for ourselves. . .  and some clue as to where the slavers are.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 05:38:37 pm »

A map. . . . A bow and arrow set for ourselves. . . . . light padded armor for ourselves. . .  and some clue as to where the slavers are.
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 01:33:30 am »

+1

As you enter town your met with stares at first and then as news of deed spread people start to cheer.

A crowd soon gathers and carry's the both of you before the mayor.
Your sat down before him and made to tell him your tale, it's a long night as your the guest of honour at an impromptu feast.

In the morning you head out down to the market, buy a cherry wood hunting bow made and arrows, a red padded jack with short sleeves.

But it the third item that proves to be hardiest to find, maps are rare often inaccurate, luckay money talks and you soon have a badly copied map.
As you can't read you have to take the sellers word that you're where he points.

A) Titan slavers, a rumour has it that a boat load of titan raiders has descended from there frozen wasteland and come south to capture man to work there mines.
B) The Warlocks, to east is the island of the warlocks, legendary for there slave war-thralls and vast slave workforce.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2017, 09:17:34 am »

A. Its the safest choice. No risk of having to fight dozens of war thralls.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 03:25:39 pm »

A. Its the safest choice. No risk of having to fight dozens of war thralls.

A) Titan slavers, a rumour has it that a boat load of titan raiders has descended from there frozen wasteland and come south to capture man to work there mines.

The titans, a race of brutal warrior blessed with large brains and huge body's.
Once eons ago the titans ruled the world under the Titanomachy.
But then came then came the great ice age and there empire sank into decay.
Now only a few titans remain scattered about trying to reclaim the empire by force.

You head westwards towards the coastal towns under clear sky's.
By the time you reach the first village on your journey it late so you stop at a tavern called Sign of the Ram, and eat some cheese.
The good news is that your close to site of the titan raiders last attack, all most to close for the tavern is all but empty.
In the drinking hall you find your self with:

A) A Svinfylking warrior, covered in fur and mail, her face hidden under her boar faced helmet.
B) A passing Volscian Warrior Maiden, her body covered in the marks of ritual scarification and tattooing.
C) A massive Salassi hammer man.
D) A Generous Merchant (gain 1 item or cash)

You awake in the night to an alarm bell ringing and scenes of panic and chaos every where.
You manage garb your sword as the local guard the alarm.
A quick glance out shows that the streets are full of fighting and blood.
Suddenly the tavern door buckles and a titan warrior stands before the broken door.

He's a huge man, near seven feet tall and dressed in long coat of bronze scales.
On his head is a golden helmet decorated with a pair of antlers.
"You! Out!" he grunts as a flaming torch is cast in the window.

Clearly he intends to burn you out of hiddeing.

What now?
If you want more details about your compilation choices or other details then ask.

Compilations

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 05:47:04 pm »

A

Catch the torch or something else half on fire and throw it in his face as you attack him from a hiding place.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2017, 05:50:33 pm »

C, What He^ said otherwise.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 12:19:31 pm »

Bad news every one the game is going to be delayed as my computer has screw up, windows is royal shit it self and whan't start.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2017, 12:59:56 pm »

Computer still broken and linux does not like my graphics card  :( .
Catch the torch or something else half on fire and throw it in his face as you attack him from a hiding place.
1 so A, Svinfylking warrior, covered in fur and mail, her face hidden under her boar faced helmet.

As the titans torch lands on the floor, you size a burning log from the fire and cast it at his face.
It strikes him hard and one side of his face is badly burned, the flames just missing the eye.

As he reels back in pain, you look over at your compilations, Tarquin nods griping his spear thight, the Svinfylking warrior lifts a two handed war axe.
You draw your sword and togeather you charge from the taven.

Still realling from the burns you strike a strong blow to the titan, he trys to block but youtwest the weapon from his hands.
Tarquin follows you with a spear thrust deep in to the windpipe and blood gurgles out.
As the Svinfylking warrior axe smashs down on the titans head, an arrow glances off her armor.
A distant horn blows and you see more titans carrying slaves and loot northwards.

Compilations
Svinfylking warrior lady

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2017, 06:56:45 pm »

We have time to do but one thing. Give cautious chase. Find the direction they are headed, and, if possible, stop the boats.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2017, 02:15:20 am »

Cut off the head of the titan and give a speech to rally the villagers to take up arms and rescue or avenge their loved ones.

If that fails give cautious chase.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2017, 12:41:25 pm »

Dice roll 2
Cut off the head of the titan and give a speech to rally the villagers to take up arms and rescue or avenge their loved ones.

If that fails give cautious chase.

You lean over the fallen titan and with swing it parts his from his sholders.

You the bloody head high and start to shout.
"Look brothers there are but men, join me and let us take backwhat has been stolen!
Come take up the spear and axe! To Battle! and To Venagance!"

The horn blows again as Tarquin points you to the village's main hall the top of a hill.
"Look Peter, the acropolis! the villagers gather to fight!"

Quicky you head up the hill towards the villagers and horn man.

"Um i am therably sorry about this but i didn't cach of your name last night dear madein." Tarquin asks the Svinfylking warrior
"It's Æstrid" the boar warroir replies
"I am Tarquin Hostilius  and this Peter Hudsley, pleased to meet you miss Æstrid"
"It's just Æstrid, Æstrid the red if you must

You reach hall the enter the low wooden walls.
In the torchlight, you finaly get a good look at Æstrid's face as she removes her helmet for a momment to cach a breath.

It's an ugly ruined face, too pale pockmarked, and now marked with a scar stretchs from the bottom of the left cheek and up to the bone above.
On the other side a broken cheekbone that makers her right eye droop lighty.
Framed by a mass of unkept fiery red hair, her sapphire blue eyes areall that show how once she might of been beauty.

"Hold, i'll count there numbers" she put her hemlet in your arms.
It's a simple dome of iron with a face plate and attached to its side are two horns which curve forwards.
She pulls her head above the wall with one arm.
"I see but a dozen, maybe the same again in the shadows and a few more by the boat." Æstrid shouts down to you over the horn blasts.

"Well only 20? That means we must out number them by twice that.
come on after them"

You point at the better part of 70 men with short spears sheilds, evidently the village militia.
Tarquin shakes his heads.
"No Peter they must stay here and hold this acropolis.
There not trained fighters and need to fight beside each other to even hope to mach the titans."

"You Achaean's, Tarquin we don't have to kill them, just drive them off and beat them to the boats."

A) Hold the hall as Tarquin suggests.
B) take the village militia and clear the village as Æstrid suggests
C1) split your forces and stay at the hall.
C2) split your forces and clear the village

Compilations

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15