Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Adventurer's Guild IC (Tavern Thread)  (Read 3633 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventurer's Guild IC (Tavern Thread)
« on: May 29, 2017, 05:13:38 pm »

Welcome to Roboson's Adventuring Guild
After a long hard journey, you finally arrive as the not strictly illegal Adventurer's Guild. There are many tables around, and even a few patrons drinking the mediocre ale. The place is rather dingy, but it has good bones and will probably get cleaned up once funds start rolling in. You note a few characters of interest.

Barnard, the Bartender
The overly muscular bartender with a nice mustache stands behind the bar polishing the stouts. He's much larger than one would expect a bartender to be, and definitely much wider. He seems fairly nice, and is often sought out for his knowledge of rumors and gossip. He may know an extra tidbit of information about any quests your interested in or any strange occurrences going on. He seems well read and insightful as well. How he ended up a bartender here is rather a mystery.

Roboson, the Owner
He's the guy who recently acquired this run-down joint. He's a jack of all trades and spends most of his time running the place and tracking down quests for you to do. He has a little magical training, but it seems as if its mostly non-combat stuff. He's pretty much always around doing one thing or another, and so is a good person to go to if you have general questions about anything. He especially seems knowledgeable about magical items, the mutagenic effects of magic, and magical creatures.

It seems as time goes on and as adventurer's return with money to spend and with quest finder commissions, more characters will show up. It seems that there was once places in this guild hall for shopkeepers of all kinds, various trainers both mundane and magical, enchanters, and even monster tamers. Hopefully all of that and more will return one day, but for now, you have a barkeeper and a quest-board behind an unmanned front desk. An adventurer's roster sits on the desk. It seems someone drew a rather crude drawing on the top corner of the first page, and someone else has tried to scribble over it. You can still see it though.

Adventurer Roster
Spoiler: Jack Madrewson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Uto Fiske (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Nix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Engrad (click to show/hide)

Quest Board

There is a small note attached to the bottom of the board "When you're ready to depart, tell Roboson and he'll set you up."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer's Guild IC (Tavern Thread)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 05:30:52 pm »

Sir Thaddeus awakens from his nap on a chair in a shadowy corner of the tavern. After nudging his dead rat to make sure it's still dead, he jumps down. After a quick look back at the rat, then a look around to make sure nobody is planning to steal it, he saunters towards the middle of the room and jumps onto a table.

He sits in the middle of the table and begins purring loudly, while looking beggingly at anyone he notices looking at him.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 05:33:06 pm »

Jack Madrewson watches the cat and everything else going on with a glint of curiosity in his eyes.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 05:38:45 pm »

Engrad notices the cat and starts petting it.

EDIT: I ask the bartender about the dragondog quest.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:44:42 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 08:00:51 pm »

At a mention of "boars" a pair of wings alights from out of a tankard and ascends, carrying a small humanoid figure. Flying forward slowly, with a distinct and seeming purposeless curve to their path, the figure announces "Ahy'll slay yeh bistehs!" before finally tipping askew, awkwardly trying to remain aloft while upside-down, and then plemmeting into a table head-first, leaving the table with a sore pit in its surface.

Meanwhile a short wooden lady sits nearby, dreamy-eyes and mumbling. Occasionally uttering something comprehensible about the virtues of manure.

One of these characters could likely be useful, if they could be roused...

O.O.C.
Quest
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:00:18 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 08:08:44 pm »

Engrad introduces himself to the wooden lady and invites her to join him on the dragondog quest.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 08:09:41 pm »

The paladin walks over to the bartender to inquire about the dragondog quest. Ah, I see Winston has gotten out again. Yeah, that's Roboson's pet dragon dog. Nicest dragon dog you'll ever meet, very mellow. Roboson raised him from an egg, but the big fella is prone to wandering. It's a rather interesting beast, fluffy and white, three wolfish dragon heads, nice set of wings, and got a decent fire breath too. The beasty can take care of itself, in case anyone tries to go and slay him. Which is the main concern, that and he sleeps in the hall here. So the longer he's down there, the worse it'll smell...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 08:12:22 pm »

Engrad thanks the bartender for the information. Engrad asks Roboson about how to get his dragondog back as well as what dangers might be found in the sewers.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 09:02:44 pm »

Ah so you think you can track down my dragon dog? Good luck down there. Finding him will be the hard part. He's likely to fairly deep in their by now. Once you find him, he should follow you if you have one of these. *gives you dragon biscuit* Give him that and he'll follow you right back to the tavern. As far as enemies, if Winston has left you any, you're looking at giant rats, slimes, goblins, that sort of thing. Nothing particularly dangerous, but there will be a good number of them and they'll wear you down over time. Keep an eye out for giant rat's nests. Those rodents love shinny things, so if you can stomach sticking your hand around in them, there might be some extra gold in there.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 09:09:49 pm »

At a mention of "boars" a pair of wings alights from out of a tankard and ascends, carrying a small humanoid figure. Flying forward slowly, with a distinct and seeming purposeless curve to their path, the figure announces "Ahy'll slay yeh bistehs!" before finally tipping askew, awkwardly trying to remain aloft while upside-down, and then plemmeting into a table head-first, leaving the table with a sore pit in its surface.
The cat, while melting into the human's hand, watches this new entertainment with lazy interest.

As the petting human leaves and mentions an interest in adventuring into the sewers, Sir Thaddeus slinks under the table warily, and tries to hide in a shadow.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 09:28:11 pm »

Engrad introduces himself to the wooden lady and invites her to join him on the dragondog quest.
"Oh, hello. that sounds wonderful. Is it true that they store a whole city's worth of manure down there? We can set things on fire, which is quite scary but we try to be safe, what do you do? We've never properly been in the ground before, we wonder what it's like... We are curious what rat flavour is. Oh, dear, the doggy breaths fire, let us hope that it is calm. Have you been on many adventures, this is our first! Just imagine, a whole city of feces. Is there anything special about you? We're small, did you notice? it is very clever! How many golbins have you killed? This shall be such fun, we can almost taste it!"
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 10:26:41 pm »

"Oh, hello. that sounds wonderful. Is it true that they store a whole city's worth of manure down there? We can set things on fire, which is quite scary but we try to be safe, what do you do? We've never properly been in the ground before, we wonder what it's like... We are curious what rat flavour is. Oh, dear, the doggy breaths fire, let us hope that it is calm. Have you been on many adventures, this is our first! Just imagine, a whole city of feces. Is there anything special about you? We're small, did you notice? it is very clever! How many golbins have you killed? This shall be such fun, we can almost taste it!"
"Um...I'm a baker's son. I became an adventurer just today, so this'll is my first adventure too. I can tell if someone's good or evil or something else by looking at them. That's about it for my special talents. What about you?"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 10:33:53 pm »

A sack of burlap would stir in one of the seats near the bar, and upon closer inspection you would realize that the sack of burlap is, in fact, a man wearing a burlap robe. He looks rather unkempt, and nervous. He'd rise from his chair, approaching the two talking about the sewer quest.

"You'd be adventurers too, I take it? I hope there's room for a third in whatever job you're taking; I only just got into this business. I'm a cleric...well, healer, anyway."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 10:57:06 pm »

"A healer would be wonderful can you heal plants? We heard that plants are different but we wouldn't know it it is natural for us haha "natural" because they say that plants are natural but that never made sense but we are all strange here aren't we? We are, yes? because I was so hoping that we would be and then we wouldn't be odd oh but you wanted to know what we can do? Well we can make fires, it was very scary at first because isn't everyone scared of fires but we control it much better now so fires aren't bad and we hope we can use them well we don't have much practise we don't want to burn anything but we can mostly use it well now so there is no need to worry at all *mouth-closed smile*?"
Read the First Post!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 11:02:10 pm »

The healer would stare at the dryad, incredibly confused. He'd stand there for about 15 seconds, trying to process what she said, before finally speaking. "I wouldn't know. I've never tried to heal a plant before. Maybe?"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 4