Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adventurer's Guild (Adventure Thread)  (Read 1154 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventurer's Guild (Adventure Thread)
« on: May 29, 2017, 05:11:44 pm »

This is where the adventures will actually take place (as opposed to IC things that happen within the guild such as RPing with other players, talking to guild NPCs, and that sort of thing).

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer's Guild (Adventure Thread)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 03:03:29 pm »

Find the Dragondog
Engrad, the dryad, and Uto

You enter the sewers via the nearby manhole. Upon opening the entrance, you are hit by a terrible terrible smell. Burning sewage. Winston has definitely been here. After taking a deep breath, you jump down and try not to land in any of the feces. You're not entirely successful. There are two directions you could go: north and south. North was the direction you took to get here from the tavern, so its possible Winston continued north. However its just as likely that he went south. You decide it would be unwise to split up, as that would lead to incredible confusion down the road. Best to stick together on this sort of thing. How do you proceed?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 03:32:36 pm »

"Errrgh, this place smells rank!?! How is it possible to ruin manure!?" ((I could be wrong but I am guessing that the high concentration and stale air makes a smell that even a tree would dislike. A bit like eating an artificial sweetener...))
"The doggy makes fire? So we, umm, go 'towards' the horribly burning death?"
Kelly strolls back and forth a few times trying to discern which direction is warmer.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 05:55:59 pm »

Go towards whatever direction seems warmer or whichever the smell seems to be coming from. If it all seems the same, go north.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 06:41:19 pm »

Stick with the other two. Don't bother trying to figure out which direction we should go, the others will handle that.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 07:15:37 pm »

Rescue the Dragon Dog

You do your best to simaltenously not breath in the terrible terrible smells around you, and also to use them to lead you forward. After a lot of gagging, it is determined that south has the stronger scorched feces scent. After walking a few minutes you stuble across a giant rat!

The rat is likely the result of arrant mages Roboson dumping their failed experiments down the drain. Magic is highly mutagenic, and so giant bloodthirsty rats with bone spikes are totally within the realm of normal. At least for an adventurer like yourself!

Combat log:
Rat bites the Dryad: 1
Paladin strikes rat with his shitty sword to rat: 3
Healer strikes rat with shitty staff: 3
Rat dies.

Dryad HP: 9/10
Paladin HP: 10/10
Healbot HP:10/10

A few good whacks and slashes were all it took to defeat this poor mutated monster. The body has nothing on it to loot. You could butcher it for 2 rat meat.

The rat came through a small waste tunnel, too small for you all to walk through and likely too small for Winston. You realize you don't particularly know how big he is or what he looks like, but you're fairly certain there's only one firebreathing three headed dog dragon in this particular sewer. Although this is a pretty strange town... Anyways. You have a path leading to the east and to the west, as well as one that continues south.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 07:20:20 pm »

I look around for any sign that indicates dragondog. If there are none, do the scent check again. Blegh.
 If nothing, keep going south.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:40:36 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 07:36:24 pm »

Dryad uses: Eat a rat.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 07:47:04 pm »

Stick with the party. Try not to puke if the tree-thing eats a rat.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 08:09:18 pm »

The tree attempts to eat the rat whole, as it has no sharp object with which to butcher it. This goes incredibly poorly, as its the size of a small dog, and your mouth isn't. So you mostly nibble on the limbs and tail, which are caked in rotten sewage from walking around down here. This is incredibly unhealthy, even for a strange plant person. You take one damage of poison damage. Engrad discovers some scorch and claw marks leading west! They're cold, but at least you're on the trail now.

As you walk along the path you come to a section with a very deep pool. Light shines in from a hole above and reflects off of something deep at the bottom of the pool. While feces and other waste would float by in the current, heavy things like gold and items would likely get trapped in things like this. That said, you have to swim 10 feet straight down, in urine, to get it. Not to mention monsters could appear at any moment.... Still... There does seem to be a fair amount of sparkle down there.

There are no other places to turn at this point, just the option to turn back or continue.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 08:16:23 pm »

"... I fear that I will need coin... Best if it is us who go as only we need to leave, you will protect us while we are away, yes?

The Dryad removes her little tree and places it carefully on the ground. She then struggles with her clothes briefly before giving up and enters the water, fighting against her buoyancy by pulling on any handholds she can find.

Things to note:
 Dryads do not like to be away from their tree. She hasn't really ever been away from her tree, so she has sort of forgotten, and it isn't a large distance, but she will probably get antsy from separation even if a few metres really ought not to be enough for any real problems. She might end up spending twenty minutes curled up together promising never to leave ever again.
She ought to breath COs, which doesn't really make a difference but she probably likes the 'fresh air' of a bustling city more than a green field. She may also breath through her skin?
She will probably fail at first and then try to use a rock to sink faster.
A body made of wood that is flexible os sort of impossible, but it seems plausible that strong chemicals could 'treat' her surface and cause stiffness, or even blistering/cracking...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:38:07 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 08:52:24 pm »

"Woah, hold up, Kelly. If that bite the rat gave you didn't give you an infection, jumping into pee certainly will. Uto, can you heal disease or only wounds?"

EDIT: Pass
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 10:57:33 pm by Andres »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 10:52:35 pm »

"Only wounds. I wouldn't recommend jumping in there."

Pass.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 11:39:48 pm »

It is only us going down there, we will still be up here, you WILL protect us, yes? *points at tree* This is animal filth. It is old and the mix is nasty, we would not use it, but animal troubles and plant troubles seem different?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:24:50 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2017, 12:32:07 am »

((Obligatory Post to get updates.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: [1] 2