Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Generals of the Georgian Empire (Revise Doctrine Phase)  (Read 6604 times)

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Generals of the Georgian Empire (Create Doctrine Phase)
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2017, 07:52:22 pm »

Hm... you make a good point there ram, at the same time though leapfrog lays the ground work for smaller organised unit strictures like companies, and platoons.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2017, 10:14:58 am »

I'd really like to know if we have to get the engineers to design a shovel first, or if it's just assumed that of course we have shovels.

Avanti!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2017, 10:20:31 am »

I believe that it's a "No duh we have shovels, how did you think we made latrines" sort of thing.

That said, if we would like a Spetsnaz-level shovel balanced throwing and sharpened for direct application of force to vulnerable body parts, we probably need to get the designed or revised by them.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2017, 03:02:55 pm »

I'd really like to know if we have to get the engineers to design a shovel first, or if it's just assumed that of course we have shovels.

You have what is listed.  If it is not listed, you do not have it.  I only added bayonets as one of the doctrines specified that bayonets were used.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2017, 03:14:09 pm »

Would we need to ask the engineers for entrenching tools to get shovels? Or can we start getting them once we work out a doctrine for it?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2017, 03:45:09 pm »

Would we need to ask the engineers for entrenching tools to get shovels? Or can we start getting them once we work out a doctrine for it?

You would need to ask the engineers for them and other equipment.  The reason you got bayonets edited in was due to a starting doctrine specifically mentioning them.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2017, 04:24:25 pm »

I propose a docrtine in which our infantry form tight wedge formations and advance directly upon the enemy cannons.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2017, 04:33:50 pm »

Quote from: VOTES:

(0) Cannon guards:
(3) Leapfrog Fire- Doubloonseven, khang36, Iituem
(0) Entrenched Defense-
(0) Unspecified Skirmish Doctrine-
(0) Unspecified Wedge Attack Doctrine-

Propositions are good and all, but we have four separate doctrines without votes, two without names, so we should either agree that proposing a doctrine is automatic vote, or start +1ing things.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 05:41:49 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2017, 05:32:47 pm »

+1 to Leapfrog doctrine.  Let's develop organisational training and next turn we can look into ordering entrenching tools.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2017, 05:59:48 pm »

We will probably ask for an over all update to their kit and uniform as well since entrenching tools is a rather trivial addition. Though not entirely sure what should be part of this new uniform.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2017, 06:08:22 pm »

I have to argue that point. Entrenching tools allow for better sanitation, and a very efficient, for it's cost, defense measure. Equipment is good, but in my opinion is kinda trivial at the moment, given that the Russian Empire is right at out door.

Avanti!

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2017, 06:52:16 pm »

Oh no what i meant was that it is a trivialy easy to get as a design request so i figured we ask for other thing as well to update our soilder's kit and uniforms.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2017, 07:34:17 pm »

Ah, okay. Nevermind.

Avanti!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2017, 05:51:37 pm »

Leapfrog Fire: A line of infantry fires at the enemy, and a line behind it advances in front, guns loaded. They fire while the infantry behind them are reloading, and the process repeats to keep up an ongoing barrage at the enemy. There can be anywhere from two to six separate lines of fire in the leapfrog.

Roll : Hard : 2

Implementation of the doctrine has shown it to be quite effective at increasing rate of fire while advancing.  However, the rate of fire of the Imperial Musket means that in order to have an improved rate of fire for an individual column of soldiers, the individual lines need to be much shorter in length, which reduces the total amount of shot fired off at once.

A meeting has been called between the Engineers and the Generals in the primary thread.  It will not begin immediately as the Engineers will be creating a presentation over how the design is to be presented.  I am not letting them copy-paste the description outright, so keep in mind after the presentation that you may want to ask questions.  Feel free to roleplay the perspective of the general you are when doing so.  Could be a bit of fun replicating a dialogue similar to what was done in the Pentagon Wars with the design of the Bradley.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Generals of the Georgian Empire (Meeting Phase)
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2017, 11:29:35 pm »

Wow these engineers are deflecting so hard it hurts.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5