Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193717 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #450 on: June 02, 2017, 03:43:09 am »

Oh, that makes sense, thanks.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 02, 2017, 03:52:27 am »

Actually screap that last bit.

Who do you think would be really interesting to you to figure out in terms of alignment, and why that one individual?

There's two.

Jack because I wish my read there was a lot stronger for how much thought I've given to him, and because emotions.

Hector because he seems to approach the game a lot differently from me but also carries himself in such a way that I'm fairly likely to yield my view of the game in favor of his, and I'd at least rather scum not have that sway over my brain :b.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 02, 2017, 04:00:33 am »

Actually screap that last bit.

Who do you think would be really interesting to you to figure out in terms of alignment, and why that one individual?

There's two.

Jack because I wish my read there was a lot stronger for how much thought I've given to him, and because emotions.

Hector because he seems to approach the game a lot differently from me but also carries himself in such a way that I'm fairly likely to yield my view of the game in favor of his, and I'd at least rather scum not have that sway over my brain :b.

Did you read Jack's readslist? Any parts of it you feel yourself strongly in disagreement with?

What do you think of the fact the people we have a read on this game are as different as they are?

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 02, 2017, 04:16:14 am »

Did you read Jack's readslist? Any parts of it you feel yourself strongly in disagreement with?

What do you think of the fact the people we have a read on this game are as different as they are?
My main reaction to it was that I should reread flabort and that I'd flip 4mask and Persus but that I feel p similarly about most people. Hbu?

I think who we're paying the most attention to seems to differ more than our actual reads. Fwiw I think flabort's/Persus's manner of pressing you is more scum indicative than doll's.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 02, 2017, 04:31:41 am »

My main reaction to it was that I should reread flabort and that I'd flip 4mask and Persus but that I feel p similarly about most people. Hbu?

I think who we're paying the most attention to seems to differ more than our actual reads. Fwiw I think flabort's/Persus's manner of pressing you is more scum indicative than doll's.

Well I did mean reads overlapping (at all initially) seeing as we've tended to cross reads in at least multiballs of a certain size beforehand?

Persus was on my ISO list which I intended to do today at some point, but frankly only awake right now because I set my alarm to +3hours earlier so will have to wait till tonight, because Persus' reason for scumreading me felt very lazy, got a postnumber down for Flabort? I kinda felt like I had read one more at some point that irked me a bit, but couldn't find it when I quickly looked through earlier.

What do you think of TBF? Am I stuck in one of my "bad play > scum play"  tunnelspirals?

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 02, 2017, 04:37:41 am »

Anyways going to take a small nap again, got places to be in 4 hours >_>

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 02, 2017, 04:42:29 am »

I am probably not who you should be asking for a level-headed TBF read. Leng's meta on TBF didn't change my opinion of TBF much but trended my DarkStar townread down a bit. I found TBF's unvote a bit scummy.

flabort is seemingly the playstyle police incarnate with a soft/conciliatory spot for Tiurin is all I'm really getting.

drunk!Shakerag is surprisingly kind of a softie for all his talk about how aggro he is <_<.

Going to bed as now.

pedit- Good timing.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 02, 2017, 06:22:18 am »

Pozzai:
Now that Jack's posted his full reads list, and from the content supporting that, we're pretty well at the point where actual analysis starts.
This has been a rough game so far because:
1) RVS is always a pain
2) Most players on B12 fucking despise RVS
3) B12 has a very developed and somewhat incestuous default RVS metastyle
4) Lots of B12 vets are playing here with newer B12 players as well as yourself and the erstwhile absent tea for the first time
5) I have a large presence and a very strange, cruel, and intensive approach to RVS
6) Several players (particularly myself and Jack A T) have had their RVS game severely modified by contextual issues with this game itself (my role, the use of themes, etc.)
7) All of the players who act as stabilizing factors (Tiruin in particular, a few of the less active vets) are pretty inactive so you're mostly left with the grinding mass of assholes like myself and shakerag

Now that we're out of the early game slog it should get a lot less grueling, though we're still waiting heavily on further activity from 4maskwolf etc. who haven't really posted that much and from who more will be expected before they can likely be strongly read.
That said, I guess I'll develop a reads list now, though it's not going to be a justified reads list proper. Anyway:

Shakerag
1) I don't have anything fantastic here
2) It's super hard to move this town to a D1 conclusion on shakes, milk or otherwise
3) He actually slips as scum every now and then anyway so I'd never want to push through a D1 lynch unless he did
4) I actually kind of think he's town anyway
flabort
I might go for a deep gameplay analysis in a bit if nothing develops otherwise, else:
1) Contributed a lot to the early game
2) My only misgivings are really from their interactions with myself which, as I said, I'm finding hard to read this game
3) If they deliver a strong day-game for the rest of D1, probably town. Else, probably scum. That sounds vacuous, but consider that it is in the context of a strong daygame until the end of RVS (where they stopped really posting), so now we get to see if they are active lurking or town
TheDarkStar
has a weaker daygame than the above, but I like his interaction with me more
likely town
Lenglon
She's being useful.
I expect them to be more useful later on.
Town

Also, Lenglon, I'm actually your kohai
Tiruin
It's been said before, but exactly the same as my shakes read.
These are solid players with very established metagames. They have particular flaws in their play, which is probably the most defining traits they have; it's not surprising that outside of making the same mistakes they always do (Tiruin doesn't have a strong presence to control and create reads on their self, shakes engages in drunken shitposting and pursues things a lot more asymmetrically and intermittently than is optimal, etc.)
origamascienceguy
needs to post
TolyK
there's quicktopic context that I'm missing which I feel would add a lot here
so long as he continues to present a strong daygame in the thread, probably town
hector13
generally strong daygame
probably town, but I always say that so take my read with a grain of salt
FallacyOfUrist
Useless, active lurking, now inactive scum
Should spend less time writing bad short fiction and more in this game, because he's losing it
Persus13
hasn't posted much, but nothing objectionable about what I've seen so far
Jack A T
He's doing a lot of work
Regardless of his alignment, jack is a very useful player to have in the game
also, probably town. That's more, you know, statistics than a read at this point, though.
4maskwolf
Useful. Informative. Chasing up the daygame on his own initiative. Playing outside his scum meta.
Needs to keep his activity up.
Probably town.
TheBiggerFish
useless
doll
dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere dere
Tea
productive, useful and engaged
probably town
Pozzai
Not the best reactions or playstyle, but after some teasing out of what they meant very genuine.
Fairly engaged, productivity so far hampered a lot by the weight of people pushing on them and an unfamiliar RVS meta getting in the way
Probably town, should be easy to read after things settle into a more conventional pace

These reads are based on closed analysis of players posts, not on wholesome context, so keep that in mind before relying on them I guess.

TolyK
Is Jack town?
Jack
Are you particularly attached to your role?

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 02, 2017, 06:26:25 am »

EBWOP:
Tiruin
It's been said before, but exactly the same as my shakes read.
These are solid players with very established metagames. They have particular flaws in their play, which is probably the most defining traits they have; it's not surprising that outside of making the same mistakes they always do (Tiruin doesn't have a strong presence to control and create reads on their self, shakes engages in drunken shitposting and pursues things a lot more asymmetrically and intermittently than is optimal, etc.) they have solid daygames which could easily be seen as either town or competent scum.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 02, 2017, 07:43:55 am »

Pozzai, what do you mean by ISO?

Tea: I asked you a bunch of questions in my last large post and I don't think you ever answered them. Could you please do that?

I'll have a bigger post later, but I'm kind of dreading scumhunting through five pages of Pozzai and TBF's bickering, so I'm going to take a break first.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 02, 2017, 08:18:22 am »

I'll have a bigger post later, but I'm kind of dreading scumhunting through five pages of Pozzai and TBF's bickering, so I'm going to take a break first.
Does this mean that you don't see any scum outside of Pozzai and TBF?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 02, 2017, 08:49:30 am »

Shakerag: Is Shakerag in D1. Has claimed SK-miller: towntell (or at least not-mafia-tell).  Very (PPE: very) (PPE x lots: very) shitposty, though did pursue TolyK a bit.  Might still have a liver.  Miller claim leaves him with a town lean.
Shakerag: Strong Shakerag.  Mild town.
Ok, I might need to update my sig after this game is over.

Tea:
drunk!Shakerag is surprisingly kind of a softie for all his talk about how aggro he is <_<.
I said I was aggro?  I remember stating that I'm an asshole.  And that I shitpost.  Not sure on the aggro part.

doll:
([...] shakes engages in drunken shitposting and pursues things a lot more asymmetrically and intermittently than is optimal, etc.)
Is that your way of saying that I have the attention span of a walnut?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 02, 2017, 08:52:24 am »

Does this mean that you don't see any scum outside of Pozzai and TBF?
I'm getting really mad at this game, and you're not helping. You seem to be confused by my usage of the term scumhunting. I've read through the last 24 hours of posts, but now I need to go through it again to get a post out. That's what I meant by scumhunting in my last post. The problem is that most of the content in the last 24 hours is those two arguing over split hairs, and that hasn't changed my opinions of them in the slightest, just made me annoyed that all the experienced players in this game are barely posting, making it more difficult to get reads on them.

Shakerag: Is Shakerag in D1. Has claimed SK-miller: towntell (or at least not-mafia-tell).  Very (PPE: very) (PPE x lots: very) shitposty, though did pursue TolyK a bit.  Might still have a liver.  Miller claim leaves him with a town lean.
Shakerag: Strong Shakerag.  Mild town.
Ok, I might need to update my sig after this game is over.

Tea:
I said I was aggro?  I remember stating that I'm an asshole.  And that I shitpost.  Not sure on the aggro part.

doll:
([...] shakes engages in drunken shitposting and pursues things a lot more asymmetrically and intermittently than is optimal, etc.)
Is that your way of saying that I have the attention span of a walnut?
Well, at least I can rely on your posts to crack me up for a bit. I'd love to hear who you think is scum though.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 02, 2017, 09:07:07 am »

Persus - could you expound on why you're mad at this game? you phrased it like the TBF/Pozzai interaction and low activity from experienced players were aggrivating the problem, but that the core issue was something else. What is that core issue?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 02, 2017, 09:11:18 am »

Oh, and ISO roughly translates to using LurkerTracker on someone.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 95