Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193743 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #330 on: June 01, 2017, 10:47:06 am »

"Say 'why' again, motherfucker!"

Alright, alright, I got it.

My reasoning was to claim a part of my role. The reason w** I did that? To form a bit of trust, mostly to slightly increase the likelyhood that Jack would accept. I intend to give more information to Jack personally, as part of the experiment thingie. Other than this, I'm not currently giving out more information. Take what you will.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2017, 10:51:31 am »

Perseus: I dont see it as scummy to do, for me the second part of my question was by far the more interesting part. Why would you be more suspicious if the same offer with the same lack of information came from a weaker player?

Tolyk: now that web has resolved your action, can you explain why you aren't actually voting me just yet? or do you need some follow-up in the chat itself first?

Tolyk: Are you sure that your role is low-power, or do you think youre missing a key component or force multiplier that is in someone else's role rather than your own?

Tiruin: Heyo! That was quite an entrance! It seems like theres a push going against FoU for active-lurking, but all day not a single person has addressed you with a single question despite you making only that single solitary entrance-post. Theres nobody with a read of you and yet nobody with an interest in questioning you... what do you think about that?

Shakerag: Time to address the elephant in the room. You always submit a role that is disruptive to the game. Do you think your current one is going to be a major player or a minor player in how the game works out?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 01, 2017, 11:02:05 am »

Doll: you still dont want anything from me? but Im so willing to bow to your will oh mighty overlord! please! issue me a command you holiness!

Pozzai and Tea: Please call me "she" instead of "he", thanks.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 01, 2017, 11:18:20 am »

Tolyk: now that web has resolved your action, can you explain why you aren't actually voting me just yet? or do you need some follow-up in the chat itself first?

Tolyk: Are you sure that your role is low-power, or do you think youre missing a key component or force multiplier that is in someone else's role rather than your own?
Jack hasn't been on. I might not even vote you, eventually. It was a pressure "vote", after all. It really depends on your actions during this day.

I'm pretty sure that on my own I'm low-power, however my goal is to see if I can break things in combination with others.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 01, 2017, 11:31:28 am »

Lenglon:
Shakerag: Time to address the elephant in the room. You always submit a role that is disruptive to the game. Do you think your current one is going to be a major player or a minor player in how the game works out?
Are you calling me fat, you weightist?

Well, typically my roles (off the top of my head) either tend to be disruptive to everyone or just detrimental to me.  Like in BYOR 10 (I think) I fucked with the voting system all game.  This game is ... a little different, but more on the detrimental to me side.  I'm not going to say much right now, but more toward the end of the day I think I'll give out a bit more info.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 01, 2017, 12:12:02 pm »

Alright, now doll's claim makes sense. There's pretty much no point to lynching him today, then - if he's lying, we'll see him live and then we can lynch him tomorrow. If he's scum and telling the truth, he's killing himself anyway. Something about doll's posting feels off to me, but it usually does when I play with him so I'm reading him as town for now.

As for other people, I have a few vague feelings but no clear evidence yet (note: these reads are from reading through the last ~5 pages because lots of the pages before that are pure RVS):
Something about Persus and flabort interactions seem odd. Basically, Persus voted for flabort in a post where it looked like Persus had a much stronger case on TBF and TolyK.
Tiruin and Shakerag's play so far matches how they've historically played town (especially Tiruin).
TBF is harder to read as usual. He doesn't have much in the way of content, though.
I haven't played with Tea in a while, so I'll save a read of him until I do a thorough read-through of each player's posts.
I haven't played with Pozzai at all until now and I just get a vague "new to Bay12 mafia but not mafia in general" read from him (which is pretty unsurprising).
As other people have noted for Fallacy, he seems to focus a lot on game mechanics and not much on scumhunting.
flabort has said surprisingly little. He has posts, yes, but there's no content. Active-lurking?

...and most of the other posts are fairly RVS-y. There are several players that haven't had a chance to post on some of the most recent events in this game and so I have almost no read at all on them, but we've just started this game and they'll post later.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 01, 2017, 12:24:59 pm »

Perseus: I dont see it as scummy to do, for me the second part of my question was by far the more interesting part. Why would you be more suspicious if the same offer with the same lack of information came from a weaker player
I wouldn't necessarily be suspicious, I'd just be less interested. If its a weaker player, whatever they're trying to pull off would be less interesting, less fun, and more likely to backfire.

Something about Persus and flabort interactions seem odd. Basically, Persus voted for flabort in a post where it looked like Persus had a much stronger case on TBF and TolyK.
I was wondering if someone would comment on this. I was thinking about voting TBF, but then decided he had enough pressure on him at the moment from flabort and Tiruin. If I wasn't voting flabort I'd be voting TBF. Why does it look like I have a much stronger case on TolyK? He answered my defensive question pretty well.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2017, 12:34:21 pm »

@Persus's most recent post: Even if I was scum, I'd still answer the question the same way.  (and just because I answered it that way in P25 doesn't mean I'm scum now, because it's true regardless of alignment).

@Persus's second-most-recent post:More like "I decided to go to sleep".  I was actually about to follow up today, and then I saw your posts.

Pozzai: Explain why you are buddying Tea.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 01, 2017, 01:22:55 pm »

Alright, Reading through the day now. I'll post reads on people as I finish with them.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 01, 2017, 01:45:45 pm »

Hold up, first I need to answer all my RVS questions.

origamiscienceguy: how do i rvs
There is no "right way" to RVS in my opinion. Whatever gets people to talk about the game is good. There are several "wrong ways" to RVS in my opinion. Asking questions that don't relate to the game in any way, voting for a person without any explanation, or just not participating in it at all (oops)

OSG: you are town with a 1-shot daykill and no forms of inspection. when do you use it?
Friday afternoon at around 7:15

Actually, I save it until it seems I'm going to be lynched, then use it on my top scumpick. I then tell everybody it was me "That was me" Even if I hit town.

OSG: I know I've played with you before, but I can't remember when. How would you evaluate your Mafia experience.
We played in Operation Overlord, and you played in the game I ran as well. So far, my experience has been pretty polar, either I'm playing well, or I'm playing like shit, getting modkilled for pretending to be a german.

origamiscienceguy
You're a mildly active, semi-competant mafia player.
That usually makes you real easy to read, and so not a real threat nor a real liability.
Who should I kill tonight and why?
anybody but me

Other than that, I don't know. I haven't read people yet. I'll get back to you on that.

OragamiScience
How much of Mafia is emotional, how much is critical thinking, and how much is BS?
To me, none of it is emotional. I don't put any emotion into my game. I put a lot of critical thinking into it though. And it is always all BS. None of what you critically thunk is ever correct, especially in a closed, chaotic game like this.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 01, 2017, 02:33:18 pm »

Not really read things since my last post, just letting y'all know I won't be posting today, will hopefully get a post out tomorrow, if not Saturday.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 01, 2017, 03:19:42 pm »

Pozzai:If you have reads, share them.

Already did >_>
4 reads, yes. Have any changed? Doll has a point about you.

What exactly is Doll's point about me? Why don't YOU expand on it?

4 reads is still more than most people in the game has given, why is it an issue I 'only' gave 4, why is it not more important that multiple people have given (next to) none?

And no, nothing major has changed in regards to this.

What do you think of fish asking for my reads, being told I had given some and has proceeded to do 0 with the information? No confrontation or discussion at all about the reads he was so interested in me giving?

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 01, 2017, 03:20:45 pm »

Doll: you still dont want anything from me? but Im so willing to bow to your will oh mighty overlord! please! issue me a command you holiness!

Pozzai and Tea: Please call me "she" instead of "he", thanks.

Ah did a pronoun slip by, I usually write gender neutral till I know better. Will try to remember in future ;)

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 01, 2017, 03:23:17 pm »

Pozzai: Explain why you are buddying Tea.

Why do you think/where do you see me buddying her?
 If that was the case, why was your first reaction not to call me out for that, instead of saying "Tea and Pozzai interaction is weird"?
 Why isn't Tea's opinion on the subject of interest to you, as she a) was involved in the discussion(at least presumably) and b) is the only one who knows me in this game?

What did you get from my reads, why was it important to you that I give any if you're not going to be interacting with me about those?

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0
« Reply #344 on: June 01, 2017, 03:27:47 pm »

You're pozzaitively up for a kill, Pozzai-chan.
bakuhatsu shiro, sou desu yone?

And yes, I'm the class bully. Tiruin is usually the class rep.
Unfortunately for you, I'm the one with the gun.

And unfortunately for you I care [] about your threats, either do it or get on with actually doing pro-town stuff. I am happy you go to the place that I am "bad" as opposed to "scum" it tends to show a certain bias towards knowing my alignment, so tip of the hat to you for that.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 95