Poll

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Yes
- 4 (50%)
No
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 27 - Game Over - Il Palazzo wins  (Read 33837 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 27 - Mild Madness
« Reply #315 on: August 23, 2017, 09:02:17 pm »

I don't know. Seems like a rather shitty way of burning through a bazillion fire gems.
What else are you going to do with fire gems?  :P

Well, okay, sure, lightless lanterns, but other than that?

If I had the fire magic to cast it, I'd totally do it just to blind his pretender (presumably).

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 23, 2017, 09:44:24 pm »

I don't know. Seems like a rather shitty way of burning through a bazillion fire gems.
What else are you going to do with fire gems?  :P

Well, okay, sure, lightless lanterns, but other than that?

If I had the fire magic to cast it, I'd totally do it just to blind his pretender (presumably).

....I'm using my fire gems...

But yeah, I wouldn't care if you blinded (My Bishops are Healers you know, it wouldn't stick) or even killed my pretender, anything he can do my augers can do with a 16 slave communion, or an 8 slave communion + Power of the Spheres... He's literally just there as a +5 pearl gemgen through Stellar Focus and domspread...

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 24, 2017, 12:26:24 am »

I said I'd post a retrospective, right?

For my pretender, I went with an awake W3N5 Wadjet to boost my expansion. Unfortunately, I got lucky with my surroundings and it looks like most everyone else was rather unlucky, so my expansion in the first year painted a massive target on my back. I was pretty paranoid about being on the losing end of a 2-vs-1 war, so I joined the winning side of a 2-vs-1 war against Lanka. I got distracted, played too cautiously, and didn't commit aggressively to battle until I attacked Lanka's capital after several turns of sitting right next to it doing nothing. Then I durdled and did nothing of consequence (except losing my pretender in a really thoughtless way) until Ermor attacked. At that point, in a 2-vs-1 war with both Ermor and Therodos, I reacted too aggressively and divided my armies. I lost several battles I probably could have won if I had been concentrating my forces more, culminating on losing around 40? mages in one turn. Of course, even if I hadn't split up my armies so much, I'd have been losing provinces anyways. I think even a great player would have difficulty fighting two-on-one like that, and I am definitely not a great player.

I was definitely overconfident when fighting Therodos; I was quite certain C'tis had natural counters to anything Therodos could throw at me. I was proven very obviously wrong when Il Palazzo brought to bear a certain spell I won't name (to preserve the surprise for anyone who didn't scout out any of those battles) which, while not impossible to counter, I was certainly in no position to deal with at the time. I had hoped I could regain at least some dignity with my last-ditch fortress defenses, but alas, it was not to be. Those got swept aside like butter too.

At least I got to name a bane Tricky Dick, and his buddy The Gipper.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 24, 2017, 06:55:58 am »

I said I'd post a retrospective, right?
For my part I attacked you because I thought either you or Lanka would have the easiest way to mount an underwater assault early-to-mid game, what with the easy access to hordes of undead.
And Lanka was already being pounded into submission, so C'tis it was.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 24, 2017, 10:12:49 am »

OVerall you might want to avoid being the first at anything, be it sieging a capital early game (such a pain) or growing massive.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 24, 2017, 05:44:12 pm »

Six hours left, Marverni, Tir na n'Og.... I'll PM you two as well...

Glory to United Forenia!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 24, 2017, 10:16:48 pm »

I'm going to give Happery extra 5h, together with a stern look.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 25, 2017, 08:41:57 am »

Golem vs. God: God wins by excessive trample!
Marverni Horde vs. Earthquake: Earthquake wins against squishy mages, although the rank-and-file survived better than expected.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 25, 2017, 09:36:57 am »

Golem vs. God: God wins by excessive trample!
Marverni Horde vs. Earthquake: Earthquake wins against squishy mages, although the rank-and-file survived better than expected.
I'm guessing the propaganda wing decided to strategically stay silent on Tir na N'og battle?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 25, 2017, 11:24:45 am »

It went okay - I killed something like 2500 gold worth of elite troops alone - worst part there was losing my 500g commander the turn he would've flown away to safety. I'd have to re-watch the fight, but I feel like my prophet didn't bless everyone, since I didn't notice my Se'ir regenerating.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 25, 2017, 12:55:07 pm »

I'm going to give Happery extra 5h, together with a stern look.
I think my memory is going or something, because this is the second time when I can distinctly remember doing a turn and what I did in a turn and then submitting said turn when it turns out that I did not actually submit the turn. It's annoying and I need to double check that the turn is actually in more.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 26, 2017, 11:30:24 pm »

Literally looked at Llamaserver 6 minutes before Happerry staled.... I'd ask for an extension for you buuuuut...

Glory to United Forenia!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 27, 2017, 11:09:15 am »

The Marverni Blob is coming for me! They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 28, 2017, 04:59:23 pm »

Keep an eye on the time guys, it'd be a shame if an unfortunate case of sudden IRL was the reason that Marverni's gambit failed.

Basically, extend for him if need be, ~7 hours left.

Glory to United Forenia!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 28, 2017, 07:02:54 pm »

I'm keeping it all under control. No sweat.

edit: alright, I'm off to sleep. I've added a few hours just to be on the safe side.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 08:16:50 pm by Il Palazzo »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26