Poll

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Yes
- 4 (50%)
No
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 27 - Game Over - Il Palazzo wins  (Read 33852 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 27 - Mid-Game-Melee
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2017, 11:11:51 am »

Pro: I found The Ultimate Gateway (Conjuration Bonus: 40).
It's kinda painting a target on yourself, isn't it?
Eh, I dunno - you mentioned finding a library;  personally, I'd call sages a much more juicy target than a conjuration bonus that's inconveniently located.
D'you wanna trade?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 31, 2017, 07:54:57 pm »

Could I get an extra 24 hours?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2017, 02:26:26 am »

Of course - The game will now host at 10:56 GMT on Wednesday August 2nd.

Seems C'tis is getting a taste of its own medicine, its nice to see a little justice.

I expect more globals to go up soon, but who can tell - getting violated by 3 early game I'm left with very little research and all that...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 03:35:34 am by ThtblovesDF »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 02, 2017, 06:58:57 am »

I just learned two things:
1) Trying to trample sea trolls underwater doesn't work too terribly well.
2) You can win a battle just by being more stubborn than the other side. Eventually, if they can't kill you for long enough, they just say "fuck this shit" and leave.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 02, 2017, 08:56:36 am »

I just learned two things:
1) Trying to trample sea trolls underwater doesn't work too terribly well.
2) You can win a battle just by being more stubborn than the other side. Eventually, if they can't kill you for long enough, they just say "fuck this shit" and leave.

Ahhh... Auto-rout. Isn't it a pain?... Fun fact: If something keeps units from both sides on the field for long enough (Like say, a Golem or Marble Oracle... Basically Mindless Commanders or just simple units blocking each others retreat (and them failing at killing each other)) after auto-rout triggers, the game just starts killing off units at random until only one side remains... I've had it happen once to me, if I remember right... (It was quite a while ago, to be fair...)
To be fair, if a fight's gone on that long, it's almost certainly an endless stalemate. A sanity measure for that scenario makes sense.

EDIT:.....Ok. So it turns out I will either need an extension or will only be able to get my turn in at the last minute (Not literally but close enough...) Could I get a handful of more hours? That's all I'll probably need...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:55:15 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 04, 2017, 11:32:21 am »

What's up with Happery? That's some mighty procrastination habit right there. Never misses a chance.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 04, 2017, 01:02:34 pm »

What's up with Happery? That's some mighty procrastination habit right there. Never misses a chance.
It might be worth noting that it's considered good manners that if you're the last person to get their turn in that you should play the brand new turn that shows up in your mailbox a couple minutes later - makes it so that any given person will only hold up the works every second turn, instead of constantly.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 04, 2017, 02:36:50 pm »

To be fair, if a fight's gone on that long, it's almost certainly an endless stalemate. A sanity measure for that scenario makes sense.

It's at or around turn 100. The magic turn numbers are 50 (attackers rout), 75 (defenders rout), and 100 (autokill).

Immobiles - and to a lesser extent, berserkers - are other good ways to bring these numbers into play.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #278 on: August 07, 2017, 03:34:48 pm »

And with that I am gone. Twas an interesting game and a lesson on the kind of maps I like
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 07, 2017, 03:51:21 pm »

And with that I am gone. Twas an interesting game and a lesson on the kind of maps I like
You put up a great fight - I shudder to think what you could have achieved if you hadn't been locked into such a tiny area.

I lost (far, far) more giants fighting you than I did taking out all my independents and Fomoria combined.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #280 on: August 07, 2017, 03:53:14 pm »

Even with my size if I had just a couple more turns so that when you attacked my research was done it could have been very different.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 07, 2017, 04:32:12 pm »

Thanks for playing, Akhier!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 07, 2017, 04:35:44 pm »

Even with my size if I had just a couple more turns so that when you attacked my research was done it could have been very different.

I'd certainly believe it. Either way, you did good, and I hope to see you again in another match in the future.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 07, 2017, 07:41:14 pm »

Randomly: I've got a Caveman province under my control, so I now have the option to recruit either a Horite or a Caveman. Horites cost 20g/1r, while Cavemen cost 25g/1r, Cavemen get +1 attack and defense skill vs. +2 HP for the Horites.

Not that I'm going to recruit either of them, but I found it surprising that two visually identical units would have different stats.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 07, 2017, 09:45:27 pm »

Identical?!?!? What are you talking about? That beard, receding hairline, and grey loincloth make a HUGE difference in a fight, as the stats show.

(Why yes, I *have* spent far too long staring at Dominions sprites...)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26