Poll

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Yes
- 4 (50%)
No
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 27 - Game Over - Il Palazzo wins  (Read 33871 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 27 - Mid-Game-Melee
« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2017, 07:41:09 am »

Yeah I attacked you just to get you to move armys in my area (I had nothing more to lose) and get more "in-fighting for lanka land" going. Intresting consequences.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 20, 2017, 07:44:49 am »

Yeah I attacked you just to get you to move armys in my area (I had nothing more to lose) and get more "in-fighting for lanka land" going. Intresting consequences.
We'll know whom to blame for Karlito's win.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 20, 2017, 11:05:40 am »

So I am dieing the slow death of those who fort over their entire territory.
Just wondering, by the way - why all the forts? Throwing them down all around your cap circle steals away resources from your capital, (although I don't think that your nation is nearly as resource-constrained as my own, so maybe that's not as much of a problem for you), and - more importantly - each of those represents 600 gold that could have been spent on troops and/or commanders.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #243 on: July 20, 2017, 08:18:08 pm »

My civ has the Soothsayer. They cost 35 gold and have a 90% chance of having astral 1. The thing is, because they don't just have magic seeing as it is a random chance to have it, they can be recruited from just a fort. No labs needed. Basically all those fort were turning out every turn an almost guaranteed Astral mage. They also have fortune teller so even when one of them turns up without magic you can just shove them in important places to help protect against bad luck.

If I had been able to properly expand that would mean massive armies of astral mages. The biggest use for that would have been as communion slaves for my Enarie who are 1S2D1N mages. There are also Witch Kings who have 3D1N1B 100%[WDNB] 10%[WDNB] and have fear but those are slow to recruit.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:24:51 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 20, 2017, 11:55:31 pm »

Right, a heads up to everyone that I might be cutting it a little close for this turn, but I'm fairly certain that I won't stale... Still, I will say to the Marverni/Tir na n'Og players to not forget about this (13 hours left)... I'll go do a double turn (if I can) when I wake up, so for now, good night Bay12. (No, I can't do the turn now; I'm falling over. Need sleep now. Sorry.)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 21, 2017, 05:43:53 am »

The many communions feel very strong - maybe its because of the small map where one "doom blob" can really just control most of the territory or because you all got solar rays out the wazzooo... good stuff either way.

Wish there was a blood spell that gives the enemy fatigue or something...

PS: delayed by 8 hours for
Ermor    and  Tir na n'Og    
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:48:14 am by ThtblovesDF »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2017, 07:37:02 am »

Right, turn in, although I will unfortunately have to renege on my promise of doing a double turn: Tir na n'Og still has to get their turn in.

Glory to United Forenia!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2017, 07:45:00 am »

My civ has the Soothsayer. They cost 35 gold and have a 90% chance of having astral 1. The thing is, because they don't just have magic seeing as it is a random chance to have it, they can be recruited from just a fort. No labs needed. Basically all those fort were turning out every turn an almost guaranteed Astral mage. They also have fortune teller so even when one of them turns up without magic you can just shove them in important places to help protect against bad luck.

If I had been able to properly expand that would mean massive armies of astral mages. The biggest use for that would have been as communion slaves for my Enarie who are 1S2D1N mages. There are also Witch Kings who have 3D1N1B 100%[WDNB] 10%[WDNB] and have fear but those are slow to recruit.
And yet you've also built a palisades in a province with a library, which lets you hire 15rp sages at 85 a pop. There's little justification for wasting 600 gp in this case.

Anyway, once you find yourself stuck in 6 or so provinces, there's no point in turtling and trying to out-research nations three times as big.
Instead you get yourself biggest army you can afford, and join an ongoing war or orchestrate a coalition.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 21, 2017, 10:10:01 am »

Well... That assassination went horribly horribly wrong. I forgot to set said assassin off of retreat orders... So he promptly ran off right into the scaly arms of the local garrison... (To be fair, against a D2 mage, it probably wouldn't have gone well anyway, even with a spamulet.)

Glory to United Forenia!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 21, 2017, 10:42:04 am »

Well... That assassination went horribly horribly wrong. I forgot to set said assassin off of retreat orders... So he promptly ran off right into the scaly arms of the local garrison... (To be fair, against a D2 mage, it probably wouldn't have gone well anyway, even with a spamulet.)
That would be quite the bizarre assassination.

*A dark form leaps from the shadows*
ASSASSIN: I HAVE COME...*brandishes weapon*... TO RUN AWAY! *Flees*
COMMANDER: What the hell was that?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 21, 2017, 11:32:08 am »

Sorry for taking so long getting my turn in, Real Life hit me over the head and I didn't remember to even check until this morning.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 21, 2017, 11:40:56 am »

Breaking news: Hinnom be all 'Huzzah!' Sauromatia be like 'Rattatatatata'.
Yeah, 20 Enaries casting nothing but Nether Darts made short work of the giants.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #252 on: July 21, 2017, 11:44:01 am »

Now think what would be up if I had my Soothsayer squad as support
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 21, 2017, 06:03:15 pm »

Breaking news: Hinnom be all 'Huzzah!' Sauromatia be like 'Rattatatatata'.
Yeah, 20 Enaries casting nothing but Nether Darts made short work of the giants.
If I'd gotten even a turn or two more before morale broke, the surviving giants would've turned the lot of them into hamburger.

I'm more impressed that Sauromatia's got level 7 Evocation.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #254 on: July 21, 2017, 06:09:24 pm »

I had been turning out Enaries and Soothsayers like crazy and that adds up to a lot of reaserch. If you had attacked a few turns later I would have had it researched and then sent all my mages at your army when it was still at the throne. That was basically my strategy here.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26