Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777354 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #7680 on: February 19, 2018, 02:26:13 pm »

You guys do know that our max is now 12 not 10, so we could have gone another few years to really max it out right?

Anyway, A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: February 19, 2018, 02:28:23 pm »

You guys do know that our max is now 12 not 10, so we could have gone another few years to really max it out right?

Anyway, A

I thought we did some budget cuts. I don't think the Marshal comes out and says 'Lets go to war' unless we are right on top of the ceiling.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: February 19, 2018, 02:30:56 pm »

Oh wait 8 was the old max now it is 10 ghha sorry.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: February 19, 2018, 02:52:48 pm »

A
Let's give Cyl one last battle, against invaders from another world.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: February 19, 2018, 02:57:36 pm »

A - Lets be the invaders from another world.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: February 19, 2018, 03:19:00 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: February 19, 2018, 03:39:24 pm »

You decide to invade the other world. Or rather, send a military expedition there.

1148 AD, Spring

The Army is underway to invade the new world; materiel, supplies and rations are being stockpiled while Spymaster's agents, in cooperation with Army officers and scouts, are getting detailed info on the surroundings of the other side of the tunnel and attempting to discern the locations of the orcish camps and settlements.

1148 AD, Mid-Spring

The scouts and spies worked hard for the past month and they bring information about the new world, which is potentially both disturbing and dissappointing.

Apparently, the sandy wasteland on the other side of the tunnel stretches for days. Careful observations and estimations seem to point that the wasteland might be as large as Methiant proper (that's it, without Tiftit, Ceodwell and Eval). Furthermore, the land, while possessing quite a few streams and minor rivers, seems to be unlikely to support farming. Twisted trees stretch toward the sun with needle-like leaves on them. Bushes, peppered with strange flowers, berries and thorns adorn every shadowed nook and valley.

The orcish settlements seem to be varied in size and location, apparently. Your officers believe that the Orcs, like their mountainous parties, might be living a nomadic style of life. For example, a large settlement that was spotted by your scouts shortly after passing into this new world for the first time is nowhere to be seen, it's location only confirmed by very old campfire pits and some disturbing mass graves, filled with bones of various animals (and what seem to be at least few dozen orcs).

Another interesting discovery was made in not a mass grave, but a special pit definitely made for ritualistic reasons. The spies found bones and skull belonging to someone near human, but different, and definitely not belonging to an orc. The spies believe it might've been someone taller, of thicker bone structure, almost fang-like teeth and, surprisingly, larger brain-space in the skull than that of humans. Much of the bones were wrapped in what is now scraps of some blue cloth, possibly some kind of dress or uniform, and remains of rope, blackened and torn but still preserved in the sand, wrapped around what seemed to be hands and legs of the individual.

Very curious - especially that no representative of these species have been seen in this 'Orcworld'!

The Army is currently establishing a fortified camp on the other side of the tunnel. For safety reasons, Fireblood machines have not been brought to the other world yet. Your officers say that the last thing they want to see is Orcs seizing, or, Alldivines forbid, reverse-engineering Fireblood or weapons using it.

1148 AD, Late Spring

Some more of the orcish lands were charted. Some scouts, who went 'westwards' (if it is actually westwards, they're using the world's sun for directions), report that the land was much healthier there, albeit vegetation was still scarce and they have yet to find any animals besides some insects, small lizards and such.

1148 AD, Summer

Silver from Koi arrives in your Treasury.

Disaster has struck the expeditionary force! A large group of marauding orcs have captured three dozen of men who were charting the east of the tunnel, with only few escaping to report this accident. Your Army is scrambling to prepare a rescue operation, lest the brave explorers end in orcish mass graves.

A delegation of Pantheonist priests have arrived at your keep, asking for an audience.

"Most blessed Emperor! We've come to seek aid and benevolence of the Crown of Methiant. One of our most important and oldest temples have recently collapsed after an accident involving an ox-driven cart. We hope to rebuild the temple, but this year we're very short on funds. Our superiors have noted that you're enthusiastic supporter of cults in the Empire, and thus we've come to ask you to provide monetary aid to us, so that we can restore the old temple to its greatness."

You decide to...

A) Inform them that they're on their own, unfortunately.
B) Be generous and sponsor reconstruction of the old temple.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:41:45 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: February 19, 2018, 03:42:55 pm »

Tough call. Money is tight, but I say B. I believe we did promise to invest in the Pantheonist Temples later as terms for one of the loans we took from our own nobles. I say we pay up.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: February 19, 2018, 03:44:27 pm »

I thought we did some budget cuts. I don't think the Marshal comes out and says 'Lets go to war' unless we are right on top of the ceiling.

I don't think anybody but Haspen knows for sure how many soldiers the extra funding buys us. I suspect the Marshal only looked at the 9, not the "out of a possible N." It might have been nice to find out, but oh well.

I also would have preferred not to extend the taxes, but oh well.

B Since we have the extra taxes...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: February 19, 2018, 03:48:05 pm »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: February 19, 2018, 04:02:19 pm »

I don't think anybody but Haspen knows for sure how many soldiers the extra funding buys us. I suspect the Marshal only looked at the 9, not the "out of a possible N." It might have been nice to find out, but oh well.

Each extra funding for Army itself raises the maximum of rating by 1, up to Empire's increased roof of 12. You're sitting at 9 thanks to both 2 points of funding and recruitment offices.

To get to maximum ceiling of 12 (equalling to about 35-40k of soldiers with current scaling), you would need to increase funding of Army to 5 per year. After all, military is the most expensive part of budgeting, everywhere :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: February 19, 2018, 04:06:02 pm »

B

Huh. Interesting, actual mechanics information. And recruitment offices not only increase the flow inward, but also the cap itself? That's pretty cool. Would the increased standards edict increase the army size cap?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: February 19, 2018, 04:07:33 pm »

Thanks, I didn't know that.  :)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: February 19, 2018, 04:08:56 pm »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: February 19, 2018, 04:16:12 pm »

Huh. Interesting, actual mechanics information. And recruitment offices not only increase the flow inward, but also the cap itself? That's pretty cool. Would the increased standards edict increase the army size cap?

Like in previous instances, amass enough Economy and an option to increase Army budget will show up itself at End of Year-list. Or maybe the marshal will chime in with the request instead, you never know :P
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1087