Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777119 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Empress Ruberta I of Methiant!
« Reply #12600 on: July 01, 2018, 02:18:15 pm »

B A

We are out of minerals. If we want more money in the future, we are going to need to take more resources by force at some point. As for edicts, everything worth while on the list should wait until after we merge with Cydwyl.

Not to disagree with the basic premise, but where? West is Ruberta's homeland we simply can't attack unless they make a first move, north is her husband's domain that we intend to peacefully integrate, east is Parsia with whom we still have 7 years of peace treaty if our word means anything, or Gubta with whom we're trading spices, and south is Lametania protected by the Rucusians who can call on the whole Damdamian conglomerate. We've been very successful peace brokers.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12601 on: July 01, 2018, 02:33:02 pm »

I think the answer to where we need to expand is either the empty plain or into orcworld. I guess I can see the military for the second one will be needed. But for both I think we need more money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12602 on: July 01, 2018, 02:47:32 pm »

Yeah. I'll admit there is no obvious target at the moment, and that increasing the military may be a more long term investment, but the possibility for conquest still exists:

north is her husband's domain that we intend to peacefully integrate.

And further north than that is a nation of pirates. Just that tiny bit of Albion on Cyl's side of the mountians is known to have both Salt and Furs. We can take that land and split its resources with Cydwyl. We would probably have enough troops left to march across the mountains and take the rest of Albion to boot.

south is Lametania protected by the Rucusians who can call on the whole Damdamian conglomerate.

Rucusians are aligned with the Eldricans. This is bad for us on the surface, but it also means that they could get dragged into fighting Eldrican's wars at any time. When that happens, we could swoop in and grab up Lamentania while they are busy.

east is Parsia with whom we still have 7 years of peace treaty if our word means anything, or Gubta with whom we're trading spices

As for Parsia and Gubta, I don't trust either of them. Gubta is kind of getting a raw trade deal, and we are basically occupying Parsia. I wouldn't start shit with either nation, but I'd gladly finish anything that they might start.

One question.

Did the Dwarves survey Orkworld?

Better question: Did the poison gas go away yet?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12603 on: July 01, 2018, 03:32:27 pm »

One question.

Did the Dwarves survey Orkworld?

Better question: Did the poison gas go away yet?

The magical toxic dust storm is still happening.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12604 on: July 01, 2018, 03:48:51 pm »

A, A

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12605 on: July 01, 2018, 04:06:53 pm »

I wonder if we can just step up our protectorate relationship with Parsia some more. They get off upsettingly easily from that war.

BB

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12606 on: July 01, 2018, 04:48:42 pm »

I wonder if we can just step up our protectorate relationship with Parsia some more. They get off upsettingly easily from that war.

BB

In 7 years, when the Peace Treaty expires, sure. I'd be down to shake them down for resources or even straight up invade them, but it is not worth breaking an agreement over; We need to come across as at least somewhat trustworthy.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12607 on: July 01, 2018, 05:10:51 pm »

AB

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12608 on: July 02, 2018, 12:05:10 am »

You decide to raise the Army's budget, but forego Edicts.

1181 AD, Spring

It seems that people regard you as "the Good"!

The prosperity, peace and happiness enjoyed by the people of Methiant during your reign have persuaded them that you're the model of a good, efficient, just leader, and so they will be more willing to endure hardships if something happens. This could even help in the times of internal instability, because which blockheaded rebel would really, really want to take up arms against such an Empress like you?

The historians can't help but note that you're first in many centuries to obtain this title - there were strong leaders, there were brave leaders, but you are the first that is good.

Few days later, the diplomatic corps bring news. The King of Helliste, Aubjorn, has recently became father to a healthy boy, and is looking to obtain a relationship with Methiant by the way of bethroting one of local Princesses to his son and heir, Sigurd.

You decide to set up a marriage between Sigurd and...

A) Your eldest daughter, Rinilda.
B) No one, for Helliste isn't within your interests.
C) Cylia, your second and Cyl's first daughter.
D) Ciri, who was also born only a while ago.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:08:31 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12609 on: July 02, 2018, 12:07:27 am »

Hmm... Recent son for him, Lets go with the recent daughter so they will be about the right age...
D.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12610 on: July 02, 2018, 12:24:48 am »

D

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12611 on: July 02, 2018, 06:21:41 am »

Ohh... The Good title. I was sorta wondering if we could get something like that. That's pretty cool. We should try for that more often I think.

As for Helliste... Not really impressed with them in the last war tbh. But... They are allies. And within a generation we could share borders with them. So I guesss soooo...

D

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12612 on: July 02, 2018, 06:51:23 am »

D

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12613 on: July 02, 2018, 09:44:15 am »

You send a reply to the King of Helliste, offering Ciri as a bride for little Sigurd.

1181 AD, Mid-Spring

Apparently, the young writer from last year has finished his work, and has presented it to some of Pantheonist high clergy. Witnesses say that most of the elders were awestruck at the performance and the Archpriest himself was moved to tears, because 'nobody before presented the tales of the Gods in a way so beautiful'.

The nobles at your court are talking about 'Descent and After' day by day. Mayhaps it is worth a listen?

A) Truly, I should witness this beauty of a performance myself!
B) I have no time for artistic pieces, sorry.
SigFlags!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12614 on: July 02, 2018, 09:46:30 am »

A

Buildin dat culture bois.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1087