Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776362 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe III of Methiant!
« Reply #10935 on: May 07, 2018, 02:03:32 pm »

See, the point of religious equality is to reduce the power of the religious heads. This is working, and their flocks are fragmenting (and we won't let them bring their wayward followers to heel).

This is working so well, that they are resorting to violence to attempt to make us back off. The problem (for them) is that we have a lot more violence then they do. It will be messy, but we are poised to break their power once and for all.

B Inciting rebellion? You are not above the law.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10936 on: May 07, 2018, 02:04:45 pm »

I also wonder If we should repeal religion equality.

It doesnt actually seem to have done  anything GOOD for us so far, just quite a lot of violent religious disputes.
Haven't heard much from the Alldivines after we dispossessed them and grabbed their Archpriest, have we?

The idea behind Option B is only partly spite - if we get their fecking Archpriest somehow we can probably make him say whatever we want at gunpoint, and that might just be what we need to get rid of the general power grab the Pantheonists are attempting.

Which was not necessarily worthwile, we built Methiant on partly alldivine armies. The ability to directly use money to bolster the army immediatley was very useful.

Since  the option to hire Alldivine mercenaries has not been replaced with the option to hire non religious mercenaries, I would even claim it was an overall loss for us.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10937 on: May 07, 2018, 02:12:15 pm »

It doesnt actually seem to have done  anything GOOD for us so far, just quite a lot of violent religious disputes.
We've been having these religious disputes forever though, remember we had to have the First Theological Council ten years before religious equality became law. A series of bad rolls and results (and maybe a few decisions) has made this latest flair up particularly bad, but this isn't a new thing caused by religious equality, that's simply the latest excuse. Even if we went in hard core for one religious and genocided all the others (pissing the world off at us and ripping the empire into pieces in the process) that'd only probably somewhat reduce the number of incidences as we'd have to continually commit minor atrocities to make sure that foreign religions from nearby countries didn't take root which would likely draw us into conflicts with their home countries.

Basically I think it's too early to call religious equality a failure. What we have here is the entrenched authority of the religions essentially ignoring the dictate, carrying on as they've done in the past. I think the real long term solution (maybe not the best one right now I'll admit) is uprooting that entrenched authority, as it's entirely rooted in prequality ideals. Once it's crushed more reasonable authority that's been cultivated to already respect equality could be allowed to grow.

Also I suspect that Prophet specifically wants Pantheonism because it's the more mystical religious. To that I have to say something that I've been thinking about for a little bit as people have had conversations here and in the lore thread about how to get magic back.

Fuck magic.

We're playing as humans, the inherently unmagical race. Magic is, widely, a bad thing for us. I'm glad that magic has been reduced this much and am hopeful for it continuing to be reduced. It helps in some ways, but on the whole I do think it's a negative and we should be happy that it's going away.

Haven't heard much from the Alldivines after we dispossessed them and grabbed their Archpriest, have we?

The idea behind Option B is only partly spite - if we get their fecking Archpriest somehow we can probably make him say whatever we want at gunpoint, and that might just be what we need to get rid of the general power grab the Pantheonists are attempting.

Which was not necessarily worthwile, we built Methiant on partly alldivine armies. The ability to directly use money to bolster the army immediatley was very useful.

Since  the option to hire Alldivine mercenaries has not been replaced with the option to hire non religious mercenaries, I would even claim it was an overall loss for us.

In past games before the establishment of professional armies we could draw on non religious mercenaries in the same way that we drew upon the alldivine in this game, an ability that was also lost in those games when we moved to more professional armies (a required step in of itself in order to achieve the other advances we've had militarily) Which to me makes the alldivine mercenaries feel like simply a reflavoring of an already existing mechanic, and that we probably didn't loose them because of religious reasons but because it was inevitable as we moved from mercenaries to a professional army.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10938 on: May 07, 2018, 02:16:30 pm »

D
Pantheonism, people! No more door to door salesmen! Purge the heretics!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10939 on: May 07, 2018, 02:17:59 pm »

Oh, and while Methiant is in fun times, I decided to make new coats of arms!

And finally, after much debating internally, I have settled on coat of arms of Luathbas! The green color and a goat just had to be there, but I was tinkering with details for last week. But, here it is!

Spoiler: Kingdom of Luathbas (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10940 on: May 07, 2018, 02:20:11 pm »

A stubborn goat. Honestly that makes sense for Luathbas :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10941 on: May 07, 2018, 02:43:15 pm »

That Luathbas coat of arms is beautiful Haspen. Also yes I also find the Goat to be a rather fitting animal for Luathbas.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10942 on: May 07, 2018, 03:34:12 pm »

aaaaaaaa
bbbbbb
d

You decide to quell riots first.

1172 AD, Late Spring

In two weeks' time, the riots in cities west and south and north of Methe are crushed quite nicely.

However, the Pantheonist high clergy, having relocated to Felonsein, bastion of Pantheonism, continues to uphold your excommunication and denounce your authority, which absolutely takes a dip.

Unfortunately, the capital city itself is touched by the vile hand of rioting!

As your courtiers gather for a council, one of the late ones hastily arrives, informing the court that Pantheonists in Methe have took to the streets, and began attacking your officials and soldiers on patrol.

There has been already few dozen casaulties according to guards who managed to report this to their superiors. The Pantheonists are demanding your removal, 'Methiant for Pantheon', revocation of religion tax, revocation of religious tolerance, expelling of heathens, and some other things that didnt' get through to your loyal men ears. The city guard is woefully unprepared to deal with furious masses on the streets, which outnumbers them, according to some indecently inaccurate approximations, twenty to one.

Some of your more moderate courtiers however quietly murmur that, mayhaps, the Emperor should listen to the crowds and give in to some of their demands, to help stabilize the country.

As for riots in the capital city of Methe...

A) Send the Shadowranks to dispense justice in name of the Emperor!
B) Send for the Army to leave the barracks and do the magic.
C) Let's meet with the rioting peoples to directly adress them.*
D) Do nothing.

As for potential giving in to protestors' demands...

A) I think Religious Tolerance needs to go.
B) I think Religion Tax should be done with.
C) I should abdicate.
D) All three of the above.
E) NEVERRR!!
F) Both Edicts need to be revoked.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10943 on: May 07, 2018, 03:38:20 pm »

A, E. Like hell we're giving those bastards the satisfaction.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10944 on: May 07, 2018, 03:39:22 pm »

BE

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10945 on: May 07, 2018, 03:39:36 pm »

CA
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10946 on: May 07, 2018, 03:39:44 pm »

AE
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10947 on: May 07, 2018, 03:42:06 pm »

There is temptation to renounce equalty then officially opress their religion... But yeah.

A.E

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10948 on: May 07, 2018, 03:49:02 pm »

C
A
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10949 on: May 07, 2018, 03:49:47 pm »

CA
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 1087