Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Barons of the Galaxy: Defend your monopoly of video games with a war fleet.  (Read 25658 times)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Barons of the Galaxy: Defend your monopoly of video games with a war fleet.
« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2019, 02:23:52 am »

I don't know that I'll end up having time to play this properly, but I've started up Vandelay Industries. 

I too followed the tutorial's advice on what was in demand and started up with Basic Minerals (in New York).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2019, 07:29:30 am »

I don't know that I'll end up having time to play this properly, but I've started up Vandelay Industries. 

I too followed the tutorial's advice on what was in demand and started up with Basic Minerals (in New York).

Oof. The tutorial has shafted you, NYC only has 14% demand for basic minerals.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2019, 07:44:05 am »

Yeah, I noticed early on it was costing me more to extract than to sell there (as the tutorial had me doing) so now I ship it to Los Angeles.  I *think* it's making a profit now, but probably not by much.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2019, 09:13:26 am »

One thing I've noticed is sometimes my trucks can sell everything in a turn to a city, and other times it will only sell a portion. Is there some sort of behaviour that prevents them from selling everything at once?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2019, 11:45:48 am »

From what I remember;   When selling a unit/build has a sell power.  When selling alone it will sell an amount based on the demand volume.  If multiple people sell then who ever has more sell power will sell a higher percent of the volume.

So if you try and sell from a transport where someone has a level 6 distribution center they'll be selling more per turn than the transport.

Best way to sell large amounts of goods to one town is have transports drop it off and have a building there selling.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2019, 11:56:39 am »

From what I remember;   When selling a unit/build has a sell power.  When selling alone it will sell an amount based on the demand volume.  If multiple people sell then who ever has more sell power will sell a higher percent of the volume.

So if you try and sell from a transport where someone has a level 6 distribution center they'll be selling more per turn than the transport.

Best way to sell large amounts of goods to one town is have transports drop it off and have a building there selling.

That's good to know, thanks!

Will look into getting distribution centres at some point in the future, though I'm playing catch up, as I decided to try and expand wide into multi products instead of truly realizing the benefits of tall building with structure upgrades, so it'll probably take a while for me to afford such things!

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2019, 01:37:41 pm »

Yeah, upgrading factories is better than building more.  Mainly because of your logistics cap.  It's a soft cap that grows with your corp HQ level and titles.  Also a level 3 factory costs 3 logistics while producing 5 times as much as a level 1, and those multipliers increase as you level it up further.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2019, 10:22:00 pm »

So on mars I have 2 metal mines (Radioactive, Precious) a precious mineral quarry, alloy factory, and a shipyard.

Cash margin is pretty low, mars start was essentially hardmode with only one city, but I am thinking of relocating my HQ to Earth and getting some raw resource mines up to sell to augment my income a bit till I can get a few freighters going.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2019, 09:14:07 pm »

Hey guys,

I won Rule of Rio de Janeiro, woot! Was busy past couple of days, but I've been very successful in building up capital and am thriving off of raw resources rn.

EDIT: Do you think there would be a tangible benefit to all HQing in the same city?

EDIT: We should definitely try and found a guild city at one point, off world perhaps.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 01:00:39 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 21, 2019, 02:03:29 pm »

Grats on city leadership.  News on my front is the loss of a freighter at Uranus during a raider... raid.

Pilling up in one city is only good for defense, not much else.  Vote power, I guess.

I've been look at Mercury to expand onto.  Has plenty of metal, chems, and minerals.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2019, 08:51:51 am »

There's a Market feature now, that wasn't there on my last playthrough. How do I set my wares on there? Do I need to be a mayor or something?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2019, 09:37:57 am »

There's a Market feature now, that wasn't there on my last playthrough. How do I set my wares on there? Do I need to be a mayor or something?

I think you have to be a level 2 corp?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2019, 12:12:22 pm »

If you click a resource stockpile under assets you just set how much to keep stockpiled and the price to sell it for.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2019, 08:20:30 pm »

Huh, looks like I am about to be the ruler of the first city, Ninde, on Mars.

I guess it's appropriate since my corporation is named Aries Initiative, lol.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2019, 09:10:41 pm »

Huh, looks like I am about to be the ruler of the first city, Ninde, on Mars.

I guess it's appropriate since my corporation is named Aries Initiative, lol.

Woot! Nice, I'm gonna try and go for Jupiter! Saturn!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 09:54:00 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13