Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Barons of the Galaxy: Defend your monopoly of video games with a war fleet.  (Read 25670 times)

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Barons of the Galaxy: Defend your monopoly of video games with a war fleet.
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2018, 12:28:16 am »

Well, me and my friends moved to Berlin to create a guild. We try to be self sufficient and focus on insider trading of t1 and t2 materials, hence named Sol Autarky.

If anyone's interested in joining, let me know in game.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2018, 09:47:39 pm »

Well, some dude just released a virus and geo scorcher on Earth, saying turn 77777 is the start of a new era and that the elite will fall.

Fun, I guess?
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Jimbobdaz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2018, 07:25:58 am »

Seems a reset maybe on the cards, that will solve the problem of way too much space for the player base and should bring a few players back to the game :)

[ARK] JBD

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2019, 12:54:17 pm »

Bumping because the game has had a reset a few days ago.

After the changes to fix a few exploits, make it harder to spawn new solar systems, and a few new features like npc delivery quests the dev decided to restart.  I just so happened to stumble upon it a few days after the reset.

New things include:
Mega structures:  Both orbital and land based.  These range from providing a bonus to various things planet/solar system wide, providing heavy weapons fire support from orbit, and providing speed boosts to passing units.
NPC Quests:  Just delivery quests.  Have a rather large down payment and require a decent amount of cargo cap to move quickly but pay isn't terrible.
Artifact Shards: Research labs now produce fragments and you put them together instead of waiting for the artifact it's self.  Saves a decent amount of headache the old system had.
Slower System Spawning:  Now it takes 25 cities in a system to spawn the next.  That also means we need to create 25 cities in Sol to get the next system to spawn.

Also anyone who has payed in the past will get the same benefits all over and if you played before the reset you'll get a month of free that I think you can turn on when ever you want.

Right now it's a scramble to supply cities with basic resources so they'll grow and we'll be able to start selling components.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2019, 08:37:11 pm »

How is the player population?
I was around when it launched and liked it quite a bit, but then had to quit due to time limitations on my part.
When I checked it out again some months ago it looked mostly dead.

Have the numbers recovered with the reset?
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2019, 02:32:46 pm »

They aren't as high as from the first release but they are getting there.

The first cities on Earth are finally hitting 2 mil pop.  So people can start making money off components now.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2019, 03:22:32 pm »

Good time to start playing again? I remember playing a tad bit way back when, but I fell off pretty quickly, if there is some kind of loose Bay12 coalition id be happy to jump back in.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2019, 04:54:13 pm »

Bump;

Im in as Agrispace Exports if anyone wants to hit me up or form a guild or something?

EDIT: I am down to start a guild, if y'all want. EDITEDIT: cant promise the longetivity of my active involvement as I am notoriously known for at this point.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 05:13:51 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2019, 06:22:19 pm »

I'll start up a guild tonight then after work.  Probably use the same name: Underhome Extraction

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2019, 10:24:03 pm »

Also for anyone interested in starting out, I'm in based in Rio de Janeiro if we all wanna cluster together for political support and economic specialization.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2019, 02:51:21 am »

Guild started and invite sent to Agrispace Exports.  You can check invites by going to guilds under the corporate tab and then guild invites along the top.

I'm based in Cape Town and about to be elected it's new leader.

If anyone's interested I can build out some infantry and park on peoples stuff to guard it, if wanted.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2019, 08:43:00 am »

I'm in, and yea any extra protection is helpful, but it seems like most people are just focused on growing markets instead of market-share hoarding or aggressive expansion, so don't detract too much from your own profits!

EDIT: Also any advice on how to actually make money and secure your business is appreciated!

My plan rn is to build up a crop and lumber industry (we talkin' veggies, sugar, and basic lumber) in three locations to assure speedy sales across the earth and then maybe expand into banking and mining? There are a lot of opportunities to supply off world cities with food though, so I'm fairly sure that'll continue to be my focus once I get a shipyard.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 10:37:25 am by Urist McScoopbeard »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2019, 02:06:13 pm »

I'm based in Bangkok. Aywanez Inocrporated, drop me a line.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2019, 05:03:45 pm »

Guild invite sent.

My only suggestion right now is to find a raw resource that you can sell to 2-3 cities that have demand over 100%.  There's still a few, pork, sugar, fruit.  Beyond that is to look into components that you'll want to get into in a few days to a week from now.  8 cities on earth have passed 2 mil and a few more are on the way.

I've been slightly killing my self by diversifying to much.  Hopefully getting into components can make it worth it.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2019, 05:29:18 pm »

I might get into construction materials then.

Veggies and sugar as the raw economic base to fuel a small expansion into minerals, metals, (and I'm already planning on/have gotten started on the wood).

Then I'll set up a materials factory in Rio.

EDIT:I do really want to get into the agricultural supply business too, not quite sure the path I have to take to get spaceships so I can ship offworld? Do I just build a shipyard, or does it need metal and et al. to operate (like a factory)?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 05:34:04 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13