Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 72225 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 44: Final Showdown
« Reply #450 on: October 16, 2017, 08:56:39 pm »

Calmly step away for the ensuring shitshow, about 30 feet north or so. Actually, scratch that.

Take the black vial Null just dropped. If it's a T-1 loot, throw it into the pit of fusing with my golden pocket watch.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:45:43 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 16, 2017, 09:01:16 pm »

((I'm going to be nice again and note that the Manticore is in the center circle with everyone. So you can get right to the bludgeoning... with your crossbow or with your chalice?))
Bludgeoning it with both sounds like a plan. Both seem equally effective.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:46:35 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 17, 2017, 04:44:52 am »

"I'll take the boots, thanks."

Wear boots, put scarf in defense mode.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 17, 2017, 09:04:43 am »

Re-waitlist. So close...
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 17, 2017, 10:57:10 am »

Take Bolo then RUN THE HELL AWAY AT MAXIMUM SUPER SPEED BECAUSE I JUST NOTICED THE MANTICORE ATTACKING ME
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 17, 2017, 06:22:06 pm »

Turn 45: Spoils of War

INIT:
NAV/Dave Blade(59)
Person/Raphael(37)
Coolrune206/Frank(24)
Posessed Manticore(86)
Dancing Grape Golem(35)
GigaGiant/Capko Eagleson(21)
Yottawhat/Willam A. Drango(98)
ATHATH/Spoopy(78)

William A. Drango didn't think his watch was very useful. Thankfully, Null dropped an unclaimed Tier 1 loot he could take and use for fusion...
Take the black vial Null just dropped. If it's a T-1 loot, throw it into the pit of fusing with my golden pocket watch.

William grabbed the vial off the ground, and tossed it in the pit with his watch.

A revolver shot out of the pit and into his hand, along with a bag of ammunition.

The possessed Manticore really wanted Dave Blade to be its new host.
Quote from: Friend Cloak
Get him! Now!

Reflexes!(3)

Dave blade noticed the Manticore coming for him, but didn't manage to activate his booze powers before it attacked.

Takedown!(3) vs. Run!(2+2=4)

Regardless of Dave's booze power, he managed to evade the Manticore's attempt at taking him down, barely.

Spoopy, the bloke in a skeleton costume, figured he would test out his loot.
Invoke the fear powers of my scythe on a random enemy/innocent bystander, so that I can test them out.

Spoopy raised his scythe, and gestured with it, pushing for fear!

... nothing happened.

((I'm going to be nice here and note that the scythe's fear blast thing only activates when you die, so I can spare you your turn.))

Dave Blade noped.
Take Bolo then RUN THE HELL AWAY AT MAXIMUM SUPER SPEED BECAUSE I JUST NOTICED THE MANTICORE ATTACKING ME

He snatched the bolo off the ground and bloody well ran off.

Chase!(6) vs. Run!(1+2+2=5)

Despite Dave Blade's massive boost to running away, the Manticore pursued, but barely managed to follow Blade into the (forest) where Blade ran.

Still, though, running like that was tiring.

Raphael was glad for his partner's actions.
"I'll take the boots, thanks."

Wear boots, put scarf in defense mode.

Raphael approached Blue's armless corpse.

At first it looked like Blue had earth-toned fox paws for feet, but on closer investigation, it turned out to be a pair of intricately designed costume boots. Raphael shrugged and pulled the boots off Blue and onto his own feet.

Nothing seemed to happen at first glance. Nothing seemed to happen at the second glance either.

Affinity!(5)

At Raphael's will, his scarf twirled in a spiral pattern, forming a (probably ineffective) shield.

The Dancing Grape Golem noticed his master was running away, and followed, dancing the whole way.

Frank noticed the Manticore running away, and gave chase!

Bludgeoning it with both sounds like a plan. Both seem equally effective.

Chase!(5)

Frank kept pace with the Manticore, following it into the forest!

Double Bludgeon!(3) vs. Dodge!(5)

The Manticore wasn't so focused on Dave Blade that it didn't notice Frank. The Manticore nimbly leapt out of the way of Frank's reckless attacks.

Capko Eagleson figured it was murder time.
(Ah, sweet! I got some sort of bonus to medieval weaponry earlier, so I can put this mace to good use.)

Swing my mace at a random opponent in the center circle. Aim for the head

William A. Drango looked like an appealing target compared to the guy who was allied with the hyper-dangerous Dave Blade.

Mace!(6+1=7) vs. Dodge!(4)

William noticed Capko incoming, and tried to dodge, but failed to dodge one so skilled in using his weapon.

Mace!(5, 4 = 5+1=6) vs. Resist!(6)

The mace came round, angled in a way to cause maximum damage. William tried to deflect it with his longbow, and succeeded... but...

Bow Resist!(4-1=3)

William winced as his bow developed a crack. Shooting it was risky now. But there was worse to come.

From Capko's mace came a cloud of fog, rapidly engulfing the pair.

Sharp Fog Resist!(5, 2)

Little cuts began forming in Capko's skin, but he didn't seem to mind.

Sharp Fog Resist!(5)

William felt the same way, but he didn't think it would last.
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manticore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Capko Eagleson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: William A. Drango (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spoopy The Skeleton (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes(especially with the statuses), please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing. As you might imagine, turn 50 will be interesting.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 45: Spoils of War
« Reply #456 on: October 17, 2017, 06:53:26 pm »

Attempt another Double-Bludgeon! This time, deliberately splash acid on it if it dodges the initial attack.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 17, 2017, 07:44:30 pm »

Rush out of the fog, but stay somewhat close so that I can observe it and William closely. When I see him escape the fog, run up to him and SMAAAASH!! his vital organs with my mace.
Insert witty signature here

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 17, 2017, 07:55:39 pm »

"Son, did you really just bring a mace to a gunfight?"

Roll out of the fog of cutting and take a potshot at Capko.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 17, 2017, 09:21:14 pm »

Stab Frank with my ritual dagger.

Nothing personal, man, but you're the least powerful/worst-equipped competitor here (except for me, maybe).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 17, 2017, 09:43:04 pm »

Nothing personal, man, but you're the least powerful/worst-equipped competitor here (except for me, maybe).
(Man, you've really got a bone to pick with me. This is starting to become humerus. But I can see right through you. And now, you have a better reason to kill me: egregious puns!)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 18, 2017, 12:25:06 am »

"Having this much loot really paints a massive target on my back."

Rev the deafening chainsaw and slice up the posessed anti-memetic manticore. Then burn it for good measure.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 18, 2017, 08:30:37 am »

"On second thought... As much as I like this trumpet, I'll take this opportunity to get something more useful."

Take off the boots. Toss them into the pit along with the orb and trumpet. Stay on the defensive while I wait for my loot.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 18, 2017, 04:52:39 pm »

Name: Rich Maximilian McMoneybags
Description: A clearly homeless man who looks to have not had an actual meal since three days ago, and a shower since the dawn of time.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 18, 2017, 05:09:32 pm »

Turn 46: Tier 3! And Flavors of Murder

INIT:
NAV/Dave Blade(91)
Person/Raphael(89)
Coolrune206/Frank(17)
Posessed Manticore(-5)
Dancing Grape Golem(26)
GigaGiant/Capko Eagleson(88)
Yottawhat/Willam A. Drango(25)
ATHATH/Spoopy(7)

Dave Blade didn't like the attention all his loot brought him. He would probably do some fusion soon... after he killed this manticore chasing him.
"Having this much loot really paints a massive target on my back."

Rev the deafening chainsaw and slice up the posessed anti-memetic manticore. Then burn it for good measure.

Affinity!(6)

Dave revved the chainsaw, unleashing a blast of deafening music all around. The ears of everyone in the area were shaken up.

Slice It Up!(1, 5 = 5-1=4) vs. Dodge!(6-1=5)

Dave Blade attacked much faster than the Manticore could dodge, but in the end, the little bit of dizzyness Dave Blade earned from his chainsaw saved the Manticore, even with the Manticore's own debilitation.

Still, Dave had enough time for a blast of flame for good measure.

Flame!(3)

A hot puff of flame shot from his mouth towards the Manticore.

Burn!(3, 2 = 3-1=2) vs. Dodge!(5-1=4)

The little ball of flame wasn't well aimed to begin with, and missed.

Raphael rejoiced. He was about to fuse a Tier 3 loot.
"On second thought... As much as I like this trumpet, I'll take this opportunity to get something more useful."

Take off the boots. Toss them into the pit along with the orb and trumpet. Stay on the defensive while I wait for my loot.

Raphael pulled his paw boots off, and one by one, threw his three tier 2 items into the pit.

Raphael wasn't expecting the huge blast of black energy which rapidly covered the entire island... doing absolutely nothing to anything or anyone. He blamed the orb for that.

A man climbed his way out of the pit, digging a pair of ivory daggers into the rock wall in order to escape.

Raphael's first impression of the man was ivory. His hat was inlaid with little pieces of ivory, his formal suit was adorned with ivory cufflinks, ivory buttons... he was wearing ivory armbands... ivory shoe claps... and of course the pure ivory briefcase which he placed his ivory daggers in.

"My name is Edgar, and I am pleased to serve my master..."

And he leaned in to whisper...

Capko Eagleson continued his fight against William.
Rush out of the fog, but stay somewhat close so that I can observe it and William closely. When I see him escape the fog, run up to him and SMAAAASH!! his vital organs with my mace.

Capko moved out of the fog, wielded his mace, and waited...

And waited...

The Dancing Grape Golem noticed its master was in danger!
Quote from: Dancing Grape Golem
The Manticore dies!

Katana!(1) vs. Dodge!(4-1=3)

The manticore wasn't so deafened that it didn't notice a dancing grape golem. The katana strike was easily evaded.

Meanwhile, William A. Drango exited the fog he was in...
"Son, did you really just bring a mace to a gunfight?"

Roll out of the fog of cutting and take a potshot at Capko.

And noticed that Capko was coming right for him.

Mace!(5, 1 = 5+1=6) vs. Dodge!(6)

It was a near perfect attack, and only by exposing himself to Capko's newest fog blast did William manage to dodge.

Fog Resist!(1, 1 = 1)

Capko winced as the cutting fog began to do significant damage, and he knew it would only get worse.

Willpower!(1)

The price of leading the Cult of the Foggy Mace, he supposed. He would survive, and continue using the beautiful mace that was the Cult's symbol. For the Cult.

Fog Resist!(5-1=4)

William did not like the cutting fog one bit. At least he wasn't hurt as badly as his opponent was.

Willpower!(4, 5 = 5)

The cuts were light, and so was the pressure on his mind. The mace he saw was not beautiful.

Potshot!(6, 5 = 6) vs. Dodge!(1)

William could hardly see, but somehow managed to pop Capko with a bullet.

Bullet!(3, 3 = 3) vs. Resist!(3)
Luck!(5)

The bullet hit Capko's mace with a clank and bounced off at an angle. Still, though, it wasn't all in vain... William looked at his gun. It had... changed, somehow. He didn't know how, but it changed... somehow.

Frank continued the offensive against the manticore.
Attempt another Double-Bludgeon! This time, deliberately splash acid on it if it dodges the initial attack.

Double-Bludgeon!(2-1=1) vs. Dodge!(3-1=2)

Frank rushed the Manticore, only to trip and hit a tree. Angry more than anything else, he called forth acid.

Affinity!(5)

A geyser of acid shot out of the chalice towards the Manticore!

Evade!(1-1=0)

The possessed Manticore was totally blindsided by the acid!

Resist, Manticore!(5)
Resist, Gauntlet!(3-1=2)

The manticore took it fairly well for a geyser of acid. The gauntlet possessing it, though, didn't.

Friendship... Mandatory!(1) vs. Willpower!(5)

The gauntlet's willpower was broken by acid, but the Manticore's wasn't. The possessed Manticore fought for once, and for once, won. The gauntlet, mentally screaming, retracted its tentacles and spasmed in the acid, melting into... well, it still existed, but it wasn't going to be possessing anybody anymore.

In came Spoopy, the skeleton costume man!

Stab!(2) vs. Dodge!(1-1=0)

Frank was totally blindsided by Spoopy, which explained how the completely inaccurate stab hit.

Stab!(6) vs. Resist!(2)

The dagger thudded into Frank's midsection, and in fact, got stuck in it. ((... how's that for karma?))

Resist, Yes, Again!(1)

Frank realized something was terribly wrong. The place where he got stabbed was rotting. Necrosis. Very bad, very, very bad. The blood of Rasputin wouldn't save him if that kept up!

The Manticore was rather confused. What on AAARGH was going on?
Quote from: Manticore
Out of the acid, out of the acid!

Out!(3)

The Manticore moved, then tripped. By the end of it, half of it was still in a large puddle of acid.

Affinity!(2)

Thankfully, the acid wasn't exerting any of its odder properties, meaning it wasn't about to trap the Manticore... for now.
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manticore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Capko Eagleson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: William A. Drango (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spoopy The Skeleton (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes(especially with the statuses), please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:51:23 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38