Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all  (Read 45561 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2: Surprisingly competent
« Reply #240 on: July 11, 2017, 03:35:09 pm »

Craw to the medic and let them patch me up
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 11, 2017, 09:06:32 pm »

Check out the featureless book, it might contain important info.

Then go to the room I passed with the computer stations, and check out said stations for relevant data. Do double check that the defences in that room are off before I enter, though. Can't be too sure.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 11, 2017, 09:26:34 pm »

Crawl to the medic and let them patch me up
"Didn't I already check you? Did you get wounded again...?"

Well, let's try that again then...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 11, 2017, 10:32:51 pm »

FINISH HIM
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2017, 11:28:08 am »

Follow Grits, who seems to know what's up.

Like Grits before you, you head downstairs to next level, observe all same traces of self destruction of humans, whips through skulls and so on. You find Grits in the room he said he would be in, handling a book thoughtfully. He turns around, stares you a brief moment before rising his gauss rifle.

[Dex: 3]
[End: 3]

He shoots you around the chest, not quite hitting your brain, but apparently destroying lots of important systems. Your legs give up and you fall down like a particularly heavy ragdoll. Most of your eyes are not working, actually only your left hand seems to still be functional. Rest of your body is not. And you get persistant notification about changing your brain food tube soon.

Grits steps over you, heading out of your extremely limited vision.

Craw to the medic and let them patch me up

Instead of walking like a sane man would, you drop down like a dead and crawl whole distance of three meters to Joanna like a drowning lungfish.

Check out the featureless book, it might contain important info.

Then go to the room I passed with the computer stations, and check out said stations for relevant data. Do double check that the defences in that room are off before I enter, though. Can't be too sure.

The book is suprisingly heavy and hard for its size. In addition looks like its pages and covers are glued together, making it all impossible to open.

[Will: 1]

Deep wave of depression overwhelms you.

This is pointless. Like trying to open the book, this whole mission is pointless. You never quite bought that whole "complete 10 missions and get full pardon" thing anyway. They are going to get you killed long before that. There's nothing meaningful in future for you. Might as well end it all now and rob higher ups the pleasure. Oh, wait. There are others here too, all facing same fate. Might as well help them out of their misery, even if they don't realize it. And look, Citotp is already here. Good.

[Con: 6]

You fire multiple shots into his chest. He falls down with satisfying thud. One saved from the misery that's life. Many more to go. You step over his corpse and head to the stairs, clutching the book in your chest like a holy bible or something.

Crawl to the medic and let them patch me up
"Didn't I already check you? Did you get wounded again...?"

Well, let's try that again then...

He crawls to you in disturbingly flopping fashion.

[Med: 2]

You suspect he might have some mental issues.

FINISH HIM

[Uncon: 5] Single upper cut with your kin amp turns its spine and most of its ribs into fine dust and sends its ever grinning skull flying. You spit a piece of your brain stuff out of your mouth and turn to check what the hell Stepan is doing.

[Dex: 6] Trying to whack you with his rifle, as it turns out. You dodge his poor swings without looking where you are going and end up tripping on one of the poor sofas here.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2017, 11:49:41 am »

Freeze solid the area around Grits' neck, so blood can't reach his brain.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2017, 01:50:04 pm »

((Wat))

Attempt to Snap out of it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 13, 2017, 04:27:19 pm »

Welp, uselessmedics are useless Stick with the medic  and go bash a hole near the metal door for the hacker, if I encounter any hostiles shoot them up and dice them to bits with the las rifle.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:31:56 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2017, 05:14:20 pm »

Welp finnaly be back after the lomgest string of stuff ever and ascertain where prick is and alive/dead status.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2017, 08:02:48 pm »

"So that's who hid the cameras!"

Disarm him!  Ideally go full "stop hitting yourself" on him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 13, 2017, 08:28:39 pm »

((Wat))

((Either an anomaly or a weird defense system made of a manipulator))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 14, 2017, 06:49:22 am »

((Either an anomaly or a weird defense system made of a manipulator))
((First doors, now books. I'm getting real paranoid about mundane objects.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2017, 02:21:45 pm »

((NUKE BOOK))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 15, 2017, 01:19:35 pm »

Freeze solid the area around Grits' neck, so blood can't reach his brain.

[Exo: 2] Considering he's already out of sight you are shooting blind. That means you have to either target large area or hope to get lucky. You attempt to freeze him, but your efforts are rewarded with arrival of your old friend; a pounding headache.

((Wat))

[Will: 2] Life is, in a word, misery. Everything must come to the inevitable end. Any attempt to avoid it is doomed to fail. Your only comfort is to reduce amount of time spent in misery.

Your return to the stairs, climb up to the floor above and look for victims of life. Ah, there's Vik by armory door.

[Con: 2] You raise your rifle, but drop it down again when he walks back into armory, out of sight. You feel moisture in your eyes. Why they must prolong their pointless existance? You weakly shake your head and walk closer.

Welp, uselessmedics are useless Stick with the medic  and go bash a hole near the metal door for the hacker, if I encounter any hostiles shoot them up and dice them to bits with the las rifle.

For a brief confusing moment you walk out of armory and then turn back in in process of trying to decide which wall you are going to bash. In the end you decide on the southern armory wall, despite the fact you don't exactly have anything to bash walls with. Eh, your fists will do.

[Str: 5]
[End: 5]

You give the wall exoskeleton boosted punch, perfect in form and range. Your opponent however is a supercrete wall. All you get for your effort is bruised knuckles.

Welp finnaly be back after the lomgest string of stuff ever and ascertain where prick is and alive/dead status.

Hello. The prick is very much alive in looted armory (Level 2, room 8 if you look maps few turns ago) with Maya, Joanna and Vik. And Grits too, actually. He just arrived to the door, holding a non-descript book and rifle in his hands.

"So that's who hid the cameras!"

Disarm him!  Ideally go full "stop hitting yourself" on him.

[Dex: 3,6]
[Str: 6]

You try to grab his next swing with one hand while trying to get up. This, naturally, doesn't quite work very well, but you manage to get up without getting bonked into head. When next swing comes you jump on his arm like a monkey, grabbing it with your both legs and arms. That's excellent position to pefrom cross armlock, which you of course do of your best ability. The end result is Stepan got his shoulder and elbow dislocated.

You grab his limp arm and use it as a wet whip, whacking his head repeatedly from front and behind.

"Stop hitting yourself, dude! That's a job for capitalist pigs!"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 15, 2017, 02:02:31 pm »

Quietly keep one hand on weapon
 Flip open book and start reading. They got this covered right? That's what thw peons are for.

"So what is the plan. I assuredly have a better one but its always nice to hear the meats-Comrads ideas."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23