Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 244

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r5  (Read 868034 times)

goldenvixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilum Murialis
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.04-r2
« Reply #2550 on: August 27, 2020, 02:03:20 am »

For more troubleshooting, can you try these commands?
Code: [Select]
:lua print(dfhack.filesystem.chdir("legends-region1-00150-01-01"))
:lua print(dfhack.filesystem.chdir(dfhack.getDFPath()))

Both came out as true!
I gave an example, although it may have been hard to read with the quotes. Here it is again but with code formatting:
exportlegends info .
(the dot at the end is the second argument)

This actually gave me an error list! Here it is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: August 27, 2020, 12:17:08 pm »

For more troubleshooting, can you try these commands?
:lua print(dfhack.filesystem.chdir("legends-region1-00150-01-01"))
:lua print(dfhack.filesystem.chdir(dfhack.getDFPath()))

Both came out as true!
Weird. Even when you run them more than once? I have no idea why exportlegends could be failing, let alone reliably.

I made some tweaks to the script to try to narrow this down. Here is a version that you can download and replace your hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua with (direct link to download). Try running "exportlegends info" (no second argument) afterwards, and it should print some extra debugging information (lines including "entering:").

This actually gave me an error list! Here it is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This one also doesn't make sense, although it's an unrelated error. abstract_building_templest has a deity_type field in both DFHack 0.47.04-r1 and r2 (I checked the release builds of both).
How did you obtain DFHack? What version of DFHack are you using (run "help" if you don't know)?
Can you try running the following command (it should print -1)?
:lua print(df.abstract_building_templest:new().deity_type)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 12:20:50 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Vantezzle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: August 27, 2020, 06:38:20 pm »

My Bitdefender keeps deleting my dfhack-run.exe saying that it contains a Trojan.GenericKD.34432417...Should I worry?

goldenvixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilum Murialis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: August 27, 2020, 06:57:21 pm »

This one also doesn't make sense, although it's an unrelated error. abstract_building_templest has a deity_type field in both DFHack 0.47.04-r1 and r2 (I checked the release builds of both).
How did you obtain DFHack? What version of DFHack are you using (run "help" if you don't know)?
Can you try running the following command (it should print -1)?
:lua print(df.abstract_building_templest:new().deity_type)

Good news! I finally got it to work and it was thanks to this post that I got that idea that maybe there was something buggy with the LNP version I was using. The dfhack version I was using was from this LNP pack and the version number the dfhack gave me was 0.47.04-alpha0. I bit behind, but the exportlegends.lua that came with the game would not work, and I used the most recent version of the lua off the github in hopes it would work and as you could see--It was giving me a bunch of issues. At first I attempted to upgrade the dfhack manually but could not find a linux version of TWBT that supports the newest version of dfhack, so I reverted back to the alpha0. However, I recently discovered that the LNP for linux has a github itself and there, it has a much more newer release than dffd.bay12games.com had. I downloaded, extracted it and started it up and exportlegends.lua now works perfectly. No crashes what so ever and legends_plus is able to generate. I gotta admit, it's pretty satisfying when something starts working after you spend a few days head scratching and wondering what's wrong. I am so sorry about the extra work that had to be put in this when the solution ended up being pretty simple. Would you like me to trouble shoot for the version I was using still? Or should we call this case closed?

My Bitdefender keeps deleting my dfhack-run.exe saying that it contains a Trojan.GenericKD.34432417...Should I worry?

I would make an exception in my antivirus so that it would stop deleting dfhack. Most antiviruses probably don't like applications like dfhack because it links up with the game and runs it's own scripts. So long as you downloaded dfhack straight from the source or from a LNP pack, it should be safe to use.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: August 27, 2020, 07:21:09 pm »

Ah, yeah, all of those issues were related to things that changed between alpha0 and r2, so no need to troubleshoot further if it works in r2. No worries.

Probably not, although if you're not downloading from https://github.com/dfhack/dfhack/releases, you could download a copy from there and check that its dfhack-run.exe matches yours.
It's interesting that dfhack-run.exe would be flagged, of all things. All it does is allow you to run commands by connecting to DFHack over the local network. You don't strictly need it for DFHack to work, unless you want that feature, so it's up to you whether you decide to keep it.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: August 27, 2020, 07:38:00 pm »

Does that mean you could have a DFHack console running on one computer, working with Dwarf Fortress running on another computer?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: August 27, 2020, 08:24:42 pm »

Does that mean you could have a DFHack console running on one computer, working with Dwarf Fortress running on another computer?
Sort of, although it wouldn't exactly be the DFHack console - dfhack-run needs to be run from a system command prompt, only runs one command at a time, and doesn't support interactive commands (like tiletypes, lua, liquids, etc. with no arguments).
Also, I probably should have clarified that by "local network" I meant local to your computer, so other computers can't connect, at least by default. You can configure DFHack to allow other machines to connect to it remotely, but I don't think dfhack-run can currently connect to other machines (other clients like Armok Vision do support that, though).

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: August 27, 2020, 09:11:38 pm »

DFHack-run and the interface it uses very specifically do not allow you to run it over a network, because it would mean that, theoretically, somebody could use it to write to any memory on your computer. The other interfaces have some limitations, at least, but dfhack-run allows you to just run any command supported by DFHack, including random memory writes if you know what you're doing, so it's specifically disallowed from remote access.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: August 27, 2020, 10:10:24 pm »

Oh, right. There's a flag that remote methods have to set to allow remote machines to call them, and it's disabled by default, as it should be for dfhack-run. (And you added that feature, so it makes sense that you would know better than I would.)

Vantezzle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: August 27, 2020, 11:40:30 pm »

Ah, yeah, all of those issues were related to things that changed between alpha0 and r2, so no need to troubleshoot further if it works in r2. No worries.

Probably not, although if you're not downloading from https://github.com/dfhack/dfhack/releases, you could download a copy from there and check that its dfhack-run.exe matches yours.
It's interesting that dfhack-run.exe would be flagged, of all things. All it does is allow you to run commands by connecting to DFHack over the local network. You don't strictly need it for DFHack to work, unless you want that feature, so it's up to you whether you decide to keep it.
Both the one from LNP and from your link get flagged.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: August 27, 2020, 11:48:04 pm »

The one from GitHub was built automatically, so I'm pretty confident that it hasn't been tampered with. But use your best judgement. If it helps, this isn't the first false positive we've had reported, but the majority of users seem to not run into any. (I was suggesting that you check that the file you have is identical to the one from GitHub, not just whether both of them get flagged.)

Vantezzle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: August 28, 2020, 07:44:05 am »

The one from GitHub was built automatically, so I'm pretty confident that it hasn't been tampered with. But use your best judgement. If it helps, this isn't the first false positive we've had reported, but the majority of users seem to not run into any. (I was suggesting that you check that the file you have is identical to the one from GitHub, not just whether both of them get flagged.)
Admittedly I'm not entirely sure how to check that, but out of curiousity I downloaded the github zip on my two old laptops, one with Bitdefender, another with Windows Defender and they both flagged it.
I first downloaded LNP last Sunday and everything was fine until yesterday.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: August 30, 2020, 10:42:48 am »

It's not too surprising, since DFHack does do everything a virus does. In a sense it is a literal trojan horse: it impersonates another piece of code (SDL.dll) for its own nefarious purposes (modifying working memory... of a video game, to be fair)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: August 30, 2020, 11:09:10 am »

It's not too surprising, since DFHack does do everything a virus does. In a sense it is a literal trojan horse: it impersonates another piece of code (SDL.dll) for its own nefarious purposes (modifying working memory... of a video game, to be fair)
Right, the surprising part is that (only?) dfhack-run was flagged, which doesn't do that.

Admittedly I'm not entirely sure how to check that, but out of curiousity I downloaded the github zip on my two old laptops, one with Bitdefender, another with Windows Defender and they both flagged it.
I first downloaded LNP last Sunday and everything was fine until yesterday.
You could check the hash of both files or use some file-comparison tool.
I suspect that your anti-virus definitions got updated recently and triggered this, which can happen pretty often depending on the software you're using. Redownloading like you did is probably the best way to ensure that something didn't actually change the file itself.

Arson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: August 31, 2020, 04:57:24 am »

Hey there folks. Just curious if there is a way to utilize the buildingplan plug so that every time I close DF it saves the parameters. Every time I open the game I have to reset all the build-able items and their materials, etc.

Using: DFHack 0.47.04-r2

Thanks in advance!
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 244