Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469318 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3135 on: December 16, 2018, 12:34:45 am »

Seeing other people...literally prepare themselves to jump on the train, Tala uses that last smoke grenade if it is NOT going to hinder the everyone and help their approach, and prepares to jump too.

She tries to look for an area where to throw in a gas grenade that doesn't look like it's a civilian section...or at least fire a few sniper shots at vulnerable areas on those MG turrets. Like the barrels.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:08:40 pm by Tiruin »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: December 16, 2018, 11:41:23 am »

Time to dropkick myself onto that train, perhaps even straight into a dastardly nazi if I can manage it.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: December 16, 2018, 01:55:42 pm »

Seeing other people...literally prepare themselves to jump on the train, Tala uses that last smoke grenade if it is NOT going to hinder the everyone and help their approach, and prepares to jump too.

She tries to look for an area where to throw in a gas grenade that doesn't look like it's a civilian section...

"Hhu--wha--Tala, NO!  They'll still see where we are if we're smoking, but WE won't see them!  Stop!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: December 16, 2018, 07:07:42 pm »

She tries to look for an area where to throw in a gas grenade that doesn't look like it's a civilian section...

"Hhu--wha--Tala, NO!  They'll still see where we are if we're smoking, but WE won't see them!  Stop!"
This hypothetical realization hit Tala as she noticed the speed the tank would be going. She thanked Simon's precognition.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: December 16, 2018, 07:53:34 pm »

”Hey I’ll come with you guys. ”
Prepare for train jumping by slinging the Springfield over my back(it has a strap, right?), grabbing my knife, and then jump on the train.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3140 on: December 17, 2018, 12:02:50 pm »

Approach train behind engine, match speed. Try not to give the train's machine guns a good angle to shoot at us.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)
[4]
Ed guns the tank into reverse, pulling back and away from the rotating turrets of the train before then gunning the tank forward to move up into position behind the last armored car of the train.

(for some reason I hoped that if I didn't mention the possibility of the train being one of the armored ones, then we wouldn't have to deal with one)

*lights up smoke and takes a long pull on it*

if I'm not already in the tank (I should be) dive in the hatch and casually tell everyone outside to run for cover. Since I should be in the tank, do the same, minus the diving in the hatch part, and jam an AT shell into the gun. Then yell at someone to fire and start making a plan. We can still salvage this one lads!

((Don’t forget your character sheet, Red.))

Fire the main cannon at the turrets.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
[1]
Tobeis puts an AP round into the main gun and Mark takes a shot. However, as he squeezes the trigger, then tank lurches over a small hill and leans hard to one side, pointing the turret down at the ground. The round slams straight into the dirt and goes off practically beneath the tank.  The AP nature of the round means that luckily no shrapnel comes flying up, but the shockwave is big enough to shake the tank violently.

Piecewise says I'm still fighting for the allies...

If possible, use the necronomicon raise more zombies to use as meatshields.

Start marching towards the front, preach in English, French and German about the universal hatred of the elder gods, the meaninglessness of life, and the comfort of death and war. Inspire our troops to suicidal bravery.
Nice sheet.

(for some reason I hoped that if I didn't mention the possibility of the train being one of the armored ones, then we wouldn't have to deal with one)

((It occured to me too, but when I googled it, it seemed like armoured trains were too rare.  Plus I was looking forward to half the players dying horribly, and didn't want to discourage that.  Success!))

"Huh.  Hey, dudes inside Isabella!  Shoot it now!  Oh, and everyone else, uh, hang onto her front, on the other side've her turret.  You'll be fine!  Just don't get caught in her treads!"

Take cover behind the tank's turret.  Then start shooting at the MG firing slits with a Springfield.  Drop the gun and jump onto the train if we get close enough for that.

[6] Simon stays firmly rooted to the tank despite the jostling and aims a shot at the nearest porthole for a Machine Gun turret. [4] The shot goes clean through the slit porthole and the turret stops rotating to take aim.  "Ha!" Simon shouts and then, as soon as the tank is close enough, makes a jump for the train.  [1] His leap goes wide and instead of hitting the landing of the last armored car he instead slams into one of the metal train cars, bounces off, and hits the ground in a roll. [1v5. Life to -3]

Bob pulled his hat off in one hand, and gave a loud, "YEE-HAW" before bracing himself.
Try to get on the train and pls don't die.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[2]
Robert gets thrown off the tank when the shell goes off. [4v1] He lands on the soft grass and immediately stands up, unhurt.

Jump off the tank before it gets going and try to find cover. If there’s none to be found then sprint towards the nearest available cover.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
You jump off the tank before anything can happen and hide behind a tree.

Keep in cover until the MG cars pass. Then rush the cattle cars when I see an opening to board the train. Knife time.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
[6] You keep your footing as the tank jerks about and then try to make the leap to the Armored car. [4] You make the jump and land on a small landing on the back of the last armored car. There's a door into the armored car directly next to you, but you stay where you are, to help other people on.

Heroically leap onto the train as it smashes into the barricade. Do NOT lose my other leg.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
You stand by the Barricade and try to figure out the right time to leap on. But as the train barrels past, smashing the barricade as it goes, you find yourself hesitating over and over and never jumping.

Stay inside the tank for now, climb out and jump onto the train once we're close to it.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
You climb out onto the top of the tank only at the very end of this turn.

She tries to look for an area where to throw in a gas grenade that doesn't look like it's a civilian section...or at least fire a few sniper shots at vulnerable areas on those MG turrets. Like the barrels.

[3] Tala manages to just barely hang on to the tank  but has to drop to all fours and cling  to the turret to do so, which prevents her from acting any further this turn.

Time to dropkick myself onto that train, perhaps even straight into a dastardly nazi if I can manage it.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
[5] You ignore the jostling of the tank and make a flying leap towards the last armored car. [1] You miss entirely, slam into the metal cattle car and bounce off behind  the tank. [4v3] You sit up and shake your head, dazed but uninjured.

”Hey I’ll come with you guys. ”
Prepare for train jumping by slinging the Springfield over my back(it has a strap, right?), grabbing my knife, and then jump on the train.
[2] Jimmy gets shaken off the tank by the shockwave and goes rolling into the grass. [4v2] He is uninjured by the fall and gets back up a moment later.

[5v4] Ed swerves and breaks again,  dodging a burst of gunfire from the tank and then a close range shot from the main cannon.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3141 on: December 17, 2018, 03:02:22 pm »

Jump onto the train.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: December 17, 2018, 04:38:18 pm »

"Fffuu... oww, damn it...  I can't believe that didn't work..."

Take a knee and start shooting at the train's cannon's periscopes.  Empty the mag.  Then reload and empty the next, if there's any chance of hitting.

Also, try and remember whether this was the only train, and if we still need to capture the switching station.  If yes, after the train leaves Simon's line of sight, he'll start jogging back towards said station.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: December 17, 2018, 06:13:55 pm »

Help team mates get on the train. Then run into the armored car, knife them nazis starting with the closest guy. If out of range and they all see me, back up and spray into the room with German SMG..

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 08:43:02 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: December 17, 2018, 07:17:08 pm »

Get close to the train. Communicate to the germans that Cthulhu demands their submission.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: December 17, 2018, 07:57:08 pm »

Try to shoot anyone who pops out to shoot at the creepy “Chaplin”.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: December 17, 2018, 08:27:45 pm »

The train dares to run from me!? I shall sprint towards the place where the train coupled and look for an train engine to steal. Only then will I be able to give chase and joust like a real knight.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: December 17, 2018, 10:52:23 pm »

Keep in cover until the MG cars pass. Then rush the cattle cars when I see an opening to board the train. Knife time.
[6] You keep your footing as the tank jerks about and then try to make the leap to the Armored car. [4] You make the jump and land on a small landing on the back of the last armored car. There's a door into the armored car directly next to you, but you stay where you are, to help other people on.
Hopefully get helped by this guy before his character acts! Get on that train!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: December 18, 2018, 12:23:16 am »

Action edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: December 18, 2018, 01:33:55 pm »

"Try to shoot it AT the train this time."
Load another AP shell. Get on one of the machine guns and try to spray down one of the turrets, not any of the ones close to our bois on top tho, don't want a ricochet off the armor to hit them if I can avoid it.

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 228