Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469469 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #2985 on: November 09, 2018, 03:23:08 am »

"Aww, look, they brought me more tanks!  I didn't know the Nazis cared about me so much!  Ed, uh, other tanker guy, take care of Isabella for me!  Keep her back until we've at least started to engage their tanks, it'd be a real pity if you got her knocked out on her first real mission!  Everyone else, let's get those two out of the trees, and figure out a good way to approach.  Out this far, we're not in danger from any snipers or anything, but heading straight for them is a deathtrap.  So stop doing exactly that, Gunny."

If they're still tangled, climb up into the trees and help cut the two trapped people free.  If they can't get a grip on a branch or something when Simon goes to cut the last lines, he'll get a secure position and pull them up until they can.

After that, scope out our wider surroundings, from a tree if Simon had to climb one already.  Is there enough cover on the approach to the Nazis that a simple charge wouldn't be suicide?  If not, is there cover near the tracks either before or after the Nazi position?  Our goal is taking the switching station, yes, but as long as we can intercept the trains, we have plenty of time to figure out a good way to assault it.  Plus, assaulting a train just might make them consider leaving their fortifications.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
    • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
      • View Profile
      • Stuff
    « Reply #2986 on: November 09, 2018, 04:47:08 pm »

Bob cuts himself loose from his shoot, before getting low to the ground. Best not let the Nazis get an easy shot on him at least.

Get low to the ground, get rifle ready to lay down suppressive fire if any one tries to shoot at Mark and Jimmy in the tree branches. Map might be nice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map~ (click to show/hide)

You lay down and flatten yourself into the grass as best you can, ready to open fire if you need to.

*upon noticing that the Krauts don't seem to be moving anytime soon, Toby stops digging his foxhole, having already cut himself loose from his 'chute.* "Guess we gotta go to them. Shit. Where's the tank Simon?"
    cautiously advance, diving straight to the ground and THEN digging a foxhole as soon as relatively accurate fire is sent my way. Or gauge my chances of making it to the tank without getting lit up like a oil tanker that's just been bombed by a bunch of eco-terrorists. If I think I can make it, do so.

Spoiler:  Tobeis Parrish (click to show/hide)

Cut the shute, get to the tank.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
    Get to the tank and, using our secret code ("Hey Simon, it's Ed, Let me in!"), get in and get the tank mobile so as to be a less stationary target.

"They knew we were coming. But they only brought two tanks. Unless they've got some more hidden nearby, which they probably do."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
    All three of you pile into the tank.
    [5] Ed gets the tank moving, carefully maneuvering it back onto firm ground and then driving it off at an angle from the rest of the group.

How far am I off the ground? check if I can survive the fall. if so, cut myself loose. otherwise, try to climb onto a nearby branch, and then cut the parachute off.
    "scratchy. "
    Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

You're maybe 10 feet up so you cut the cord.
    [3]
    You land poorly and fall onto your side, your feet and knees complaining about your poor choices. You are, however, not actually injured.

Drop chute by the track, go into cover in the woods away from the rest for the group. Stay in cover, stay silent, and stay hidden. Advance slowly while staying in cover. Stay far away from the tank.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
    There are no woods, just fields with a few trees. So you make a run for the nearest tree along the tracks. You make it, advancing maybe 100 feet or more.

Check the area directly around us. Keeping an eye out for Nazi’s, and searching for any traps or anything like that.
    Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
    The area directly around you is safe. Well...there are people shooting at you but there are no nazis or traps directly around you.

Advance slowly while staying low and in cover. Take potshots if they start firing at us.
    Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
    You advance along with Denver, firing a few rounds down range  when the random potshots from their side get too close to you.

[...]Tala lands a good several hundred feet away, along with her obscuring smoke grenade, and  Mark and Jimmy both end up tangled in the tree branches.
    Any way I can cut these dudes down? Because prioritize doing so safely first.

If I can't do that or otherwise have more time to act: Binoculars or scope out the area, try to pinpoint any spotters, snipers, or communications units and get a good vantage point for shooting; if I have time, take time to aim so I predictably have lesser chance to miss. Fire back if I can clearly see the shooter at any of my allies.

I am also here maybe?
    Hopefully he's with me. :P
    Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
    The shooters on the german side are not snipers. They appear to be normal soldiers just arcing shots in towards the group. At this distance, its basically entirely random. You hunker down and take a turn to aim at the distant germans, using your binoculars.

"Aww, look, they brought me more tanks!  I didn't know the Nazis cared about me so much!  Ed, uh, other tanker guy, take care of Isabella for me!  Keep her back until we've at least started to engage their tanks, it'd be a real pity if you got her knocked out on her first real mission!  Everyone else, let's get those two out of the trees, and figure out a good way to approach.  Out this far, we're not in danger from any snipers or anything, but heading straight for them is a deathtrap.  So stop doing exactly that, Gunny."

If they're still tangled, climb up into the trees and help cut the two trapped people free.  If they can't get a grip on a branch or something when Simon goes to cut the last lines, he'll get a secure position and pull them up until they can.

After that, scope out our wider surroundings, from a tree if Simon had to climb one already.  Is there enough cover on the approach to the Nazis that a simple charge wouldn't be suicide?  If not, is there cover near the tracks either before or after the Nazi position?  Our goal is taking the switching station, yes, but as long as we can intercept the trains, we have plenty of time to figure out a good way to assault it.  Plus, assaulting a train just might make them consider leaving their fortifications.

There are trees along the length of the tracks, but they're very erratic in their distribution. It would be possible to use them as cover but it would mean some long sprints and if those nazi tanks got a good shot in, a tree isn't going to stop a tank shell.

I am also here maybe?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
      You land right at the prescribed landing zone, along with Simon and a few others.

Where did I land? In any case, cut myself loose and get to cover.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
      You land on top of the tank as it drives away. Uh. You cut your chute and crawl into the tank.

Forgot to post during last turn, sorry. Where am I and where did I land?

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)

You land in a tree. You are in a tree.

Down range, everyone looking in the direction of the Nazis can see the flash of light from the barrel of a tank and a moment later a round slams down about 50 feet behind everyone.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
      • DiceBane
        • View Profile
      Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
      « Reply #2987 on: November 09, 2018, 05:39:32 pm »

"Toby, why are you here? You don't tank! Whatever, help new tank guy load, will ya? New tank guy, target the tank that just fired on our guys and shoot the cannon. Simon, get up there and ... Simon? Sim... where the hell'd Simon go?"

Evasive Maneuvers. Don't get cannonned, but make sure our guy has a good opportunity to cannon their guy.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
      • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2988 on: November 09, 2018, 05:49:39 pm »

"Alright, everyone!  We've got a path in, use those trees to the south of the tracks for cover, but stay spread out so one cannon can't hit multiple people!  NOW CHARGE!"

Move over to the other side of the tracks, and then start sprinting towards the Nazis, making use of what cover is available.  Once Simon starts nearing rifle-range, he'll slow down and hide, moving far enough from his last position that cannon shots hopefully won't be directed at him, then he'll scope out the enemy position for anyone giving orders, or failing that, emplaced machine guns.  Shoot any officers or emplaced gunners found.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
        • Seeker of Knowledge
          • View Profile
        « Reply #2989 on: November 09, 2018, 06:16:19 pm »

Get to the trees south of the tracks and advance cover to cover.
        Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
        I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
          • View Profile
        « Reply #2990 on: November 09, 2018, 07:08:49 pm »

"Oh shit! They're shooting at us! But we didn't even shoot at them yet, cheating bastards!"

Bob will attempt to quickly crawl away from others in direction of tracks, and away from other people, but still in the trees. Make a compromise between these three considerations, in an attemp to not be shot at, but also far enough that if he is shot at, no one else will die from the people aiming at him.

Also pw, you've outdone yourself again, that is a gorgeous map.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
        Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
        And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
        • Requires music to get through the working day.
          • View Profile
        Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
        « Reply #2991 on: November 09, 2018, 08:13:24 pm »

"You gotta get closer! Giveem a taste of the old knuckle duster!"

Keep advancing cover to cover, staying spresd out from the others. Should I come under notable fire, keep in cover until it dies down unless a tank is involved. Then, pop smoke and run further up.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
        In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
        One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
          • View Profile
        Re: 888th Brigade
        « Reply #2992 on: November 09, 2018, 09:02:57 pm »

Try to climb down and join the group in the ground.

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
        The dog behind the man behind the beard.
        Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
        You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
        • Wannabe Shitposter
          • View Profile
        « Reply #2993 on: November 09, 2018, 09:35:07 pm »

Run towards the train tracks and find a position from which I could easily jump onto the train.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
        I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
        It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
        There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
        • 200 versions of the same catboy
          • View Profile
        « Reply #2994 on: November 10, 2018, 04:27:53 pm »

"I do tank! I just stopped for a bit because the injured fellows needed the tank more... actually that's a lie, I stopped because I got kicked out to make space for the injured, I wouldn't voluntarily leave a tank so that someone else can be safe. Anyways, who's gunning? I got dibs if no one else has experience."
        Take a quick look through either the gun sight or a periscope or viewport or whatever. If I spot any AT guns (PAK40s, y'know, stationary shit) load an HE shell and either aim the gun myself or direct the gunner towards it. If no AT guns are obviously visible, load AP and start lighting up those enemy tanks.

Spoiler:  Tobeis Parrish (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
        • I want to be your blahaj.
          • View Profile
        Re: 888th Brigade
        « Reply #2995 on: November 10, 2018, 04:49:38 pm »

Doo de doo, I'm a sloth in my tree, don't gotta worry 'bout shit, unless I see a hawk in which case oh shit.

Know what, I'm going to scout farther down the tracks and see what the train's up to, radio that in, and probably just fly home because I'm a lone air transport over hostile territory.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
        • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
          • View Profile
        « Reply #2996 on: November 10, 2018, 05:21:00 pm »

"Holy parachuted panic, Edman! Those dastardly ne'er-do-gooders sure got the jump on us!"

Batutsi my way over to some cover, then cut into the German's comms and listen in on their radio chatter.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
        Quote from: you know who you are
        21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
        Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
        • Life is too short for worries
          • View Profile
        « Reply #2997 on: November 11, 2018, 07:40:11 am »

"Alright, everyone!  We've got a path in, use those trees to the south of the tracks for cover, but stay spread out so one cannon can't hit multiple people!  NOW CHARGE!"

Move over to the other side of the tracks, and then start sprinting towards the Nazis, making use of what cover is available.  Once Simon starts nearing rifle-range, he'll slow down and hide, moving far enough from his last position that cannon shots hopefully won't be directed at him, then he'll scope out the enemy position for anyone giving orders, or failing that, emplaced machine guns.  Shoot any officers or emplaced gunners found.
          Stick with this young man, with his silenced sniper rifle, because there is no way we can fail this.

Go along with shooting or spotting for better lethality.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
          [/list]

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
          • I'll find something to put here... eventually
            • View Profile
          « Reply #2998 on: November 11, 2018, 01:32:47 pm »

"I'll handle loading, Toby. Spotting's more important."

Man the cannon. Load a HEAT (if we have any) else, load AP. Fire at the tanks, aiming for the turrets.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
          RTD Graveyard
          Many people have gone missing or died.
          I don't remember their names.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
          • 200 versions of the same catboy
            • View Profile
          « Reply #2999 on: November 11, 2018, 01:35:35 pm »

(we almost certainly won't have HEAT. And if we do, I want to save it for really threatening stuff, like Tigers. HEAT wasn't very common in WW2)
          Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 228