Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467168 times)

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1395 on: December 08, 2017, 01:43:01 am »

Team Bridge Busting Bears

Go check to see if our targets are still messing with the bridge. Report back as soon as their presence can be accurately confirmed.

"Shouldn't we blow as soon as possible? I heard someone say that they saw the Krauts leaving the bridge. The longer we wait, the less likely it will be that they are still there. In fact, I'm going to check to see if they're still there. Be right back!"

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: December 08, 2017, 03:45:02 am »

You try to contact the 888th radio bands and find that while they are still blocked, the interference pattern has changed. Now what was once entirely unintelligible is just barely understandable as speech, though in a language you can't understand. Its that same Slavic language that you heard on the Nazi radio before, the same voice too, you think.

"Hold up, I might be able to tune into their frequency all of a sudden. Sir, if you don't immediately need me for anything, I might have an idea."

If I can tune in to the frequency that woman is speaking on, that means I can broadcast on that frequency as well, right? If yes, start broadcasting some music on that frequency (or, if the voice is on every frequency, then broadcast on every frequency) loudly to interfere with the signal and drown it in noise. Perhaps some Sabaton? Or perhaps some really shitty country music. No wait, make it really shitty country music with Sabaton lyrics, that oughta give 'em pause.

Go to another room/part of the ship if broadcasting the interference also means making sound regularly as to avoid giving away our position.

If the above isn't possible/doesn't work, just provide cover for this team with the rifle.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 08, 2017, 05:45:48 am »

Team Tala

Overwatch on the area. If I see the Nazis, prioritize shooting them in their arms, so they'll stop their weapons.

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: December 08, 2017, 06:01:34 am »

Team Bridge Busting Bears

"We should clear out before he blows the place. Come on guys, let's go above-deck."

Head above-deck to check for enemies. Start by peering out door, then open fully to check. Weapon ready.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:54:01 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: December 08, 2017, 06:47:32 am »

Bob contemplated Tala's question for a moment, then shook his head. "Nah, I don't think so. Once we see if there's anything damaged, sure. But since something inside iced the door, there might be hostiles, and it's probably safest to have all the soldiers we can here at least till we get the thing open."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: December 08, 2017, 08:07:31 am »

"Alright, guys. I need items for traps. we gotta put out some surprises for those assholes, since most of them are probably no longer on the bridge. Let's get shit set up! Find me [various trap related items]."

Ede reflects momentarily on how little resistance he is getting to his plan to save everyone by blowing large holes in our floating home. He then shrugs and makes the above request for his teammates to help him gather trapping equipment. Ed will use what's available to trap more locations nearby. He also makes the below request for Radio to attempt to triangulate the source of the enemy command chick's voice. ((I know that's not how triangulation works.))

"Radio, my man, can you tune in more clearly to their signal? Hmm, can you tell which direction that woman's voice is coming from? turn slowly in a circle, let's see where the signal is strongest.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 08, 2017, 08:15:01 am »

"Traps are good, Ed, but I think they're running.
We need to pursue!"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: December 08, 2017, 08:26:00 am »

"Alright, guys. I need items for traps. we gotta put out some surprises for those assholes, since most of them are probably no longer on the bridge. Let's get shit set up! Find me [various trap related items]."

Ede reflects momentarily on how little resistance he is getting to his plan to save everyone by blowing large holes in our floating home. He then shrugs and makes the above request for his teammates to help him gather trapping equipment. Ed will use what's available to trap more locations nearby. He also makes the below request for Radio to attempt to triangulate the source of the enemy command chick's voice. ((I know that's not how triangulation works.))

"Radio, my man, can you tune in more clearly to their signal? Hmm, can you tell which direction that woman's voice is coming from? turn slowly in a circle, let's see where the signal is strongest.

"My current plan was to try and interfere with their comms while the Nazi's are still out and about, sir, so that hopefully they'll have less success in coordinating whatever nefarious nonsense they're planning. I could prioritize trying to get a bead on that signal, though it's rather faint and this storm ain't exactly a pleasure to stroll around in."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 08, 2017, 08:28:51 am »

Charlie grabs the side of the doorframe on the way out the door and spins to a stop, saying, "If you yourself are a living, non-directional antenna, the best way to get a direction on a signal is for you to sit on the ground and someone else to walk around you in a circle."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: December 08, 2017, 08:35:46 am »

"Sure, sure. Look, it'll only take you a minute to like, turn in a circle three times. But you're the expert. so I'll trust your judgment. Now, hand me a pineapple and some thumbtacks."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 08, 2017, 08:40:58 am »

"I don't know where to find either of those. We need to move out, chase them."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 08, 2017, 08:48:40 am »

"Running? I don't think they're running. They're still in control of the situation here. Go ahead and peek out there if you want - see if you can spot them. if we know where they are, we'll be better able to respond.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 08, 2017, 08:52:40 am »

"Running? I don't think they're running. They're still in control of the situation here. Go ahead and peek out there if you want - see if you can spot them. if we know where they are, we'll be better able to respond.
"Thank you, will do!"

Editing action.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: December 08, 2017, 02:46:18 pm »

Team Tala

Help Hans with watching for Nazi's. If any appear, shoot them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 08, 2017, 06:11:01 pm »

Team Bridge Bombers

"I got some chains and knives and junk, Ed.  You can have those if they'd be useful, I guess."

Keep guarding Ed, maybe make small talk with the crewman who I gave a rifle to.

((@Twinwolf
Actually, you shouldn't have that sniper rifle.  Back when you offered to let other people take Joan's stuff, I took that rifle, and a couple other things.  Apparently you forgot to mark them down?  You never said you wanted the rifle, and I don't see why you would, you don't have the skill for it...))

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 228