Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467248 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1380 on: December 06, 2017, 12:10:23 am »

"I saw movement coming down from the bridge. I think they're going down to the top deck. We need to move now!"
"Great, I need someone to run to the HQ and update them. I'll be going with Radio to the comms deck; we may need an engineer or someone skilled with tech and mechanics if they've done anything, especially rigging the place for sabotage.

"Also the top deck is filled with horrid weather. They won't make it far, and even if they can, we cannot do anything about it."

((I have no idea who is exactly with me so I cannot make good team works T_T))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: December 06, 2017, 01:31:39 am »

Stand ready, with my Rifle pointed at the door leading to the deck. Shoot anyone who comes through the door.
(I'm assuming there are no friendlies on the deck. If there are, and I would be aware of them, then I'll try to I.D. them before firing. But, if I don't recognize them immediately, I'll shoot.)

"I don't think any of our people could move around in that storm. If it's still outside, it's probably hostile."

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: December 06, 2017, 06:48:40 am »

"Agh, whuh, we're giving up just 'cause of some water?!  That's stupid, I'm gonna go with Ed, he's smart!"

Yes, distributing one rifle to Radio, and one rifle and pistol to crewmen, is perfectly fine.  Or, if Winston (Twinwolf) insists on disarming himself because Tala wasn't paying attention, give both rifles to crewmen.

Then follow the radioman to where Ed is setting charges, and guard him while he does so.  Invite the crewmen that Simon armed, the more the merrier!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: December 06, 2017, 07:42:14 am »

"Agh, whuh, we're giving up just 'cause of some water?!  That's stupid, I'm gonna go with Ed, he's smart!"

Yes, distributing one rifle to Radio, and one rifle and pistol to crewmen, is perfectly fine.  Or, if Winston (Twinwolf) insists on disarming himself because Tala wasn't paying attention, give both rifles to crewmen.

Then follow the radioman to where Ed is setting charges, and guard him while he does so.  Invite the crewmen that Simon armed, the more the merrier!

((Tala knows Winston, she knows that the M1 Garand isn't Winston's. Why do people snark at Tala when she knows these, and then they end up making a mistake themselves? D:<
Winston has ANOTHER WEAPON that is not that Garand. :O ))

E: Also the D:< should've been a nicer emoticon x.x it wasn't meant in a bad way! (It was meant in a...uh, the way people playfully say things back in a notharmfulway.)) Sorry for that!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 08:20:46 am by Tiruin »

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: December 06, 2017, 07:54:10 am »

Team Distracted Gunners

Charlie gets below deck, following Ed, Denver, and Simon to their objective. On the way, Charlie checks tries doors and checks corners.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: December 06, 2017, 08:01:42 am »

"Yep, that's me. Smart. Hand me that gum would'ya? I need to get this thingum stuck  to that ceiling tile there. Anyone got any twine?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: December 06, 2017, 05:06:58 pm »

"That's only two of us so far. I'd like a third to share the fun with. Hey, shotgun guy. You wanna come along?"

"I don't have any idea what the hell is going on,
 'cept that a storm's brewing and we've got some bad brothers on the ship. I'll come with you if I can shoot someone."

Spoiler: Damien Capella (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: December 06, 2017, 05:40:51 pm »

"That's only two of us so far. I'd like a third to share the fun with. Hey, shotgun guy. You wanna come along?"

"I don't have any idea what the hell is going on,
 'cept that a storm's brewing and we've got some bad brothers on the ship. I'll come with you if I can shoot someone."

Spoiler: Damien Capella (click to show/hide)
"That's the plan!"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: December 06, 2017, 09:28:18 pm »

((I do have another weapon that isn't the tank-hunter weapon, incidentally, but the Springfield is not as good at close range as the Garand and most fights here will, I imagine, be at close range. So if you're giving Radioman a gun I won't.))
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:30:03 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: December 06, 2017, 09:39:20 pm »

Bob will take out his flashlight from his general pack, scan the boiler room, and then try to grab a prybar before heading back to the radio room.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1390 on: December 07, 2017, 04:39:30 pm »

Totally not be too late to join the To the Bridge! group.

Spoiler: Hank Carter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Yeah, you can join up with them, thats fine.  Enjoy our baptism by hail stones.

You missed Charlie's action in the previous turn, PW. Not like it was super unique or important, just letting you know.
Sorry, must have gotten lost in the posts.  If I ever miss something important, just quote and repost it with your action for this turn and I'll retcon it in.

((I can free action getting back right? Because that's totally my action))

Having only a few steps out onto the deck, Tala signals everyone to get back inside.

After having a faceful of cold, and a clothful of freeze, she finds herself in the area right before the open-air deck, sheltered by the room and with probably everyone else who decided staying outside and cold was a bad idea too.

"Change of plans. We need watchers on deck, but nobody can get out there unless we find something to withstand all that. Someone needs to get up to the communications bridge, and under guard. As for everything else--I need volunteers for that plan, and I need others for defending the rest of the ship. My rifle and I seem best for the former however, as everything is closed spaces down here.

"I have to presume that the other areas are in danger if this is the kind of greeting we're expecting up top. Everyone, disperse--follow the Radioman. He is better off protected alongside those with communications devices; I'm also unsure if getting them any closer to the bridge helps anything unless others have any better ideas. But I do not like what we're facing. Anyone else with sniper rifles and anything to help cover and watch with us--please carry the message along to the rest; defend the insides of the ship. I think there's a way to the rear with the General that way."

Get everyone to block/seal, or protect this passage from leakage (at least)

Order everyone the above, and then go through the other passage to the comms area--sending one of the NPCs as runners back to HQ with a message and the clicker code, summarized as: 'HQ' keeps under high alert; top deck of ship is now under heavy storm conditions, and that the lower vital areas can be under possible attack; suggestion to search in patrols. Team Tala will be trying the other passage below the top deck to head to the communications central, with weapons at the ready.

"Radioman, how did you get up to the bridge without getting fully soaked in this hail? Where is your partner?"

Also check if my weapon got affected by BAD WEATHER. Nobody wants gun jams or worse!

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
I think there may be some misunderstanding as to what I mean when I say upper and lower decks.
Here is an image of the kind of ship we're on
You see how the deck is sort of tiered? How there's a raised central area with a lower area around it?  When I talk about the upper and lower decks, thats what I'm referencing. You can see how there are several doors set into the side wall of the elevated upper deck; the ones nearer the front are the entrances to the boiler rooms and engine rooms, while the ones near the back, under those big rear facing cannons, are the entrances to the comms room and the rear section of the ship's interior.  Going to the Comm's room means remaining outside.  The comms room is also currently frozen shut; another player has been standing outside trying to get it open for a bit now.

So what I'm gonna do is assume you perform your turn, sending that one NPC off to inform the people in HQ of whats going on while you lead the others through the storm over to the comm's door.

Your weapons all seem to be functional still, at least as far as  you can tell without actually shooting them to test. There are no obvious jams or blockages and the water wouldn't do much to interfere with them, as far as you know.

((...So last I checked in, things were poker and paranoia and I thought we were just in the "doing things between missions" phase and so I sort of tuned out, expecting the title to change when things happened and Tiruin has informed me that I was incorrect -_-; What's going on, roughly?

(And is it ok to assume Winston is with the biggest group of people?))

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)

You can assume you're with whoever you want or wherever you want, within reason. I think Tiruin has been assuming you're with her.

"I volunteer to head to the communication's bridge." Spencer says from his position.

Join Tala anyone else who is heading to the communication's bridge

Done.

Accept the rifle if it's still on offer. Go talk to Ed and stay near him if he makes a move, provide cover.

"Radioman, how did you get up to the bridge without getting fully soaked in this hail? Where is your partner?"
"That would be because the hail literally only just started, ma'm. My CO is currently near the doorway from the kitchen going outside. Was heading there now actually."

"Radioman, try the communication signals now. I'm under the presumption that the whole 'eye of the storm' was artificial, and whatever crack happened that brought us out (or maybe the ship's navigation did that by moving out of the calm), means we can try communicating.
"With all due respect, I've already tried that multiple times. The storm just got worse, I don't see why now suddenl-"
"Hail all 888th channels. Do not try the ship channels until all that is done."
"Ok, ok, fine, whatever."

Also quickly try the radio again I guess.

To Ed.
"Sir, perhaps you could try to blow the ceiling of the room below the bridge? We probably don't wanna blow the whole bridge f we want to still get out of here later, but some controlled demolition might be doable?"

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You take the Rifle and go hang with Ed.

You try to contact the 888th radio bands and find that while they are still blocked, the interference pattern has changed. Now what was once entirely unintelligible is just barely understandable as speech, though in a language you can't understand. Its that same Slavic language that you heard on the Nazi radio before, the same voice too, you think.

"Now, why didn't I think of that. Good man, radio!"

Head inside, to the area just below the bridge, and rig up an explosive to the ceiling. do not arm it, but set up a wire so I can trigger it from elsewhere if necessary. Specifically do not trigger the explosive if a) the others are rushing the bridge, or b) the Nazis have left the bridge.

Also, if the Nazis have cut off our path to that location, head inside and find out what parts of the ship are known to be under the control of the enemy. Maybe go toward the boiler rooms and trap the hall there, or to teh secondary radio room if we can get inside (use all available tools: flashlight, crowbar, etc).

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

I'm going to assume that the information that Tala and a few other people saw, that of human figures moving down out of the bridge, will have been passed along to you. You still set up the explosive, but you don't set it off.

"That'll be alright. He can probably use it better than I can anyway."

Give Radioman the M1 Garand and 3 clips. Actually, just follow along with Tala's group.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)

Conga line of freezing death it is.

Stand ready, with my Rifle pointed at the door leading to the deck. Shoot anyone who comes through the door.
(I'm assuming there are no friendlies on the deck. If there are, and I would be aware of them, then I'll try to I.D. them before firing. But, if I don't recognize them immediately, I'll shoot.)

"I don't think any of our people could move around in that storm. If it's still outside, it's probably hostile."

You keep guarding the door.

You stagger off and join ed, who is placing an explosive on the ceiling of an area just under where he's pretty sure the bridge tower is. Now, you say you invited an NPC and there is one NPC who got sent back to report the current happenings with Tala's group, so I'm gonna assume you grab him after he tells everyone what happened.

Team Distracted Gunners

Charlie gets below deck, following Ed, Denver, and Simon to their objective. On the way, Charlie checks tries doors and checks corners.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

You join Ed in his plan to save everyone by blowing large holes in the ship.

Bob will take out his flashlight from his general pack, scan the boiler room, and then try to grab a prybar before heading back to the radio room.

It takes you a couple minutes of searching but you find a prybar on the upper level of the boiler room. Its leaning against a wall behind a tool chest, out of sight unless you look carefully. You grab it and head back to the Comm's room door only to find a large group of people hanging around outside of it, lead by Tala. You also get completely soaked and battered as you push your way through the storm.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: December 07, 2017, 08:16:54 pm »

Peak my head out the door and perform overwatch for everyone standing outside the comms room. If I see anything that looks like a threat, shoot it.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: December 07, 2017, 10:02:59 pm »

"Finally got here, didya? Took you long enough." Bob muttered to the group around the door. "Well, I brought a prybar to try to get in, so. . . cover the opening, and don't shoot me."

Bob will begin trying to crack the ice and pry the door open, while not standing directly in front of where bullets might come through if the door opens. If anyone objects, or thinks they can do it better, he'll let them.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: December 07, 2017, 11:07:00 pm »

((Cheese, thanks Piecewise! I've been wondering [OOC] where that frozen door was, and it was actually that one :X
That saved a lot of confusion.))

"Any word, Radioman? Can you transmit any response out loud?" Tala said, awaiting his response as the group traveled to the comms room. "Please don't tell me we're facing the same static."

When they had reached the area, she was surprised to see another commando team already trying the site. She then communicated a summary of what happened after Bob told her what was up with the frozen stuff.
Spoiler: Something like this (click to show/hide)

"Try to keep the radioman covered, people. He's our only signaller present. Did you try contacting the comms room?"

Recognizing Bob, she wondered on an idea. "Should I send another runner back to HQ? We lack a mechanic in case anything is damaged."

EITHER: Overwatch on the area. If I can use my scope or binoculars and keep some kind of vision and protection with my rifle, do it. I'm not necessarily useful at the range of 'short' given covering the entry, but I can keep watch in this rainstorm, I hope. (Unless the rifle brings nice stopping power as an added gun; provide overwatch on the vicinity)

OR: If my skill is better off with one of those weapon emplacements:
Make my way to the machine gun near the second funnel, and aim it towards the brige station where the enemies are.

If the prybar fails, try ordering blasting the ice by ordering someone with a shotgun to do so (or something. I hope someone brought a flamethrower :v)

Either way, get an order out that any nearby weapon emplacements would be manned by the others with my team. Order out those other people!

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:15:41 am by Tiruin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1394 on: December 07, 2017, 11:35:20 pm »

So you wanna give me an actual dream that's not some edgy bullshit or what. If not I'm gonna wake up, but I'm not going to go assault some dumb nazis with just a pistol I stole from somebody on this tedious-ass mission of following folks and being confused by warships. So:

Try to think of something helpful to do that nobody else is doing and that's relevant to my skills. And then do that.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 11:50:29 pm by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 228