Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467328 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1350 on: December 02, 2017, 01:40:28 pm »

Root around in the medical locker looking for blood expanders and such, then finish fixing this guy up. Once done, prep a few tables and unpack the medical supplies for future casualties.

Edit: Also, tell anyone in the mess hall the following:

"I was headed up to the bridge when I ran into this guy, I'm going to stay here for now and make sure we are ready for more casualties, but I think that odd radio guy was headed to the bridge too, or at least he was going the same way. In any case, someone should go up there to check on things. I can't believe no one has called general quarters yet, just the thing I have seen are enough to do so, either the watch officers don't know anything is wrong or things are much worse than I know about. Also, can someone check the CIC? If something is wrong on the bridge that would be the other place to set off the GQ alarm."

"Anyway, enough suggestions. I should probably make sure everyone here knows what I know. There is a body frozen to the hull, big ol' hole blown in him and electric burns on the torso. There were gunshots outside earlier in case you couldn't hear them. There is some kind of... wall, or bubble, or some shit holding the storm back all around us" Smith shudders a bit "The storm bubble is too weird for words, it has to be seen to be believed. Frankly, I don't want to think too hard about it. Anyway, last thing I found was this guy, shot all to hell near one of the funnels." Smith checks the IVs to make sure they are flowing properly before continuing "So, we definitely have boarders on the ship, and I'm really worried. If any of you guys find more wounded, try to get them back here, or send a runner after me please."

Medical locker?

Team Boiler Cluster

Take a quick peek in the engine room to look for the people hiding there. If they're gone, hunt around the area and then check in with teammates, figure out who's going where.

"Let's check on those engine room guys."

When we see they're gone:

"Huh. Let's fnd who took them, whaddya say?"

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
Gonna assume you check the engine room and then, when it is empty, head to the mess hall. However, you don't know about the clicker code I think, so they probably won't let you in.

"Hmm."

Bob continues to ponder. Specifically, where he might find a crowbar, and whether it would be ill advised to just try to shoot out the lock or hings or something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A Prybar might be in the engine room...or boilers. Shooting wouldn't really help with ice on the INSIDE of the door when you are outside it.

"Eep!

Blast some noise. Make it LOUD. The kind of LOUD that shatters glassware and ruptures eardrums. Then try to wiggle free from his grip and go wee wee wee all the way home.

Should this little piggy fail to get free, just, uh, play it cool and offer them some cigs. Freaks of nature with Nazi disposition still smoke, right? Even after running into a soundwall?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
[Radio roll:6]
The thing that comes out of your speakers is not a human voice. Its a strange modulated mix of air-raid siren and high pitched scream, joined by the screech of electric guitars and the bone shaking deep thud of drums. It starts out deafening and only grows louder. Your entire body curls up with the effort of  sustaining it and a few seconds after you begin every window, lightbulb, and glass covered instrument or gauge within 30 feet shatters. The man holding you maintains his grip for a surprising period before he finally releases you and staggers back with his hands over his ears. You immediately scamper away, jumping the railing and leaping back down to the lower deck. Once there you slam the outer door close and wedge a shelf of food in front of it.

The NPCs, who are very confused why you keep calling them that
((I love you Piece c: And I mean that in a way that I love the humor being a lot better since I don't feel out of context. But oh no! XD This is not what I meant. :P))

Tala quickly caught herself mixing up abbreviations where she meant NCO's, and apologized to the other personnel--no spy would be that polite to her, she mused, and even wondered if she insulted them or such (remembering details about America and people of color...and the implications that was wholly out of context), but corrected herself professionally.

As per where they were before this and what they were doing, that varies per person. One was in the boiler room and says he saw the hail stones crush the others. The other was on Deck and says he saw some sort of man made of ice and Lightning tear another man's heart out. The others were just in the engine room.
((So since Radio Controlled didn't return, nor his buddy, I'ma going by our recent note THANKS TO BOHRING))
After listening to Smith, Tala looks at the rest of the people and addresses the other man who told her vital information.

"Hey Bohring," Tala said, as if on coffee--meaning 'quite energetically' with so many actions she has been doing. "It has been a while. We are all trained soldiers, including those in the navy. We have extra weapons. We can leave a skeleton crew to defend the 'Mess Hall', relying on the clicker code. It has been a while since the two sent topside came back.

"I believe we should check in force. You, me, the rest of the ship's crew we found in the boiler room, and the other commandos. Who is with me? We'll be facing...unconventional enemies, but given these details? They aren't supernatural; you six are survivors and witnesses, so we'll be proceeding as a squad. As one. We have the objectives of finding the rest of our team (because the others are on the lower decks or the same deck we're on), getting our two lost troopers, and finding out what we can above.

"Also, we may finally have a use of a flamethrower on a ship,"
she said as a side comment, knowing the...diversity of the 888th.

Rally up the forces and note that everyone in the Mess Hall is invited to "Operation: Go on the ship deck and find out what happened to our literal radioman, and friend.

If we have at least 10 people (this includes the 6 guys we found, who will be armed with...whatever extra ranged weapons we have in our inventories), proceed topside and look for our missing two fellows.

Also leave a note to the others: "Will be back from going above deck. If not back, in a few minutes and other teams returned from below or the same deck: Assume reinforcements needed; use personal insight as to timing."

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

You put out the rallying cry for at least 10 people, including the 6 you found, to follow you upstairs.

"Whatever happened to Radioman, this can't be good at all. The only good thing is that we may finally capture the infiltrators. I hate playing hide and seek.."

Hope that my ears will hear something loud and unusual. If Hans hears something loud and unusual, track down the sound to the place where it originated.

When tracking down the sound, keep low. No need to be Rambo.

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)
You volunteer to join the 10 people Tala needs to go topside but then immediately head up as soon as you hear the very distinctive sound that Radio is making upstairs. Its muffled from down here but still loud enough to vibrate the tables and your teeth.

Team I'm Not Sure About That One Guy (INSTOG)

Charlie clumsily makes his way through the pit of ice-balls to the door. Looking right and left, he wonders where he should go. If no obvious danger is in sight, Charlie climbs up to check the ship's guns, telling Denver where he's going.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
"I'll go with Charlie incase he needs any help."

Follow Charlie to the guns, making sure to keep an eye on the surroundings.

You only get as far as the lower deck when the Radio scream hits and you end up on the ground, clutching your heads.  Radio runs past a minute later and heads below deck, slamming the door behind him.

Join Tala in "Operation Upper Deck". Get ready to follow anyone who heads that way.

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I'm going to assume that you, tala and Hans all head upstairs when the screaming starts and find Radio at the door out onto the deck, presently shoving the shelf in the way of it.

He's only been gone a few minutes ((one turn)). No need to panic yet. I'm sure he's fine. Probably.

Alright, listen up gang. A few clicker codes to help us organize, since it looks like there are definitely hostiles on board. Two Clicks followed by one click for hostiles forward. Two clicks followed by three clicks for hostiles aft. Four clicks together for all clear. two clicks by two for enemies above and one click by two for enemies below.

Ed will consider reasonable places and methods for placing traps. Of particular interest is the bridge. He'd ideally like to isolate the bridge from the rest of the ship. If any reasonable trapping plans come to mind, he'll begin implementing them, with a warning to the others. If none really come to mind, he'll remain in the mess hall as communications coordinator.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Well, the best way to do it might be moving forward in a search pattern and placing traps behind you. That way you can retreat from enemy forces and draw them into traps.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: December 02, 2017, 01:58:08 pm »

Try to get info out of my patient, such as exactly what happened to him. I'm going to assume last turn's actions worked despite GM failure. If not repeat them this turn.

Medical locker?

((Do you actually read people's posts? Obviously not. Obviously you don't know anything about WWII destroyers either. Honestly, my opinion of you as a GM keeps going down. Fine. Let me say it again: The mess hall on a WWII destroyer served double duty as the ship hospital. When the ship is at battle stations the area is cleared, and prepared for casualties. So yes. Medical locker.))
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:04:12 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: December 02, 2017, 02:02:05 pm »

"WEEOO WEEOO NAZI'S ON THE BRIDGE WEEOO WEEOO BIG AND SCARY WEEOO WEEOO GO SHOOT THEM."

Go report what I saw and heard back to my handler. Also inform people I pass on the way there in brief.

By the way, is there something like an armory near here I could raid to arm myself? Failing that, what about one of those 50 cals or heck, one of those 5 inch guns?

((Do you actually read people's posts? Obviously not. Obviously you don't know anything about WWII destroyers either. Honestly, my options of you as a GM keeps going down. Fine. Let me say it again: The mess hall on a WWII destroyer served double duty as the ship hospital. When the ship is at battle stations the area is cleared, and prepared for casualties. So yes. Medical locker.))

((Hey, PW is only human, so he misses things sometimes. It happens, nothing to get so worked up about (even though I've been frustrated about it myself in the past at times, it's not that I can't relate). If you wanna make sure he sees it, put it into your bolded action, so that even if he's short on time and rushes to get a turn out he'll see it and be able to process it.))

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:31:57 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: December 02, 2017, 02:10:03 pm »

I guess he found them!

Anyone trying to get into the mess hall should give proper identification. Once they are vetted, they should be given the clicker code.

Meanwhile, Ed will hustle on up to where Radio and the gang are, take a report, and begin the trapping procedure that you suggested.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

((Do you actually read people's posts? Obviously not. Obviously you don't know anything about WWII destroyers either. Honestly, my opinion of you as a GM keeps going down. Fine. Let me say it again: The mess hall on a WWII destroyer served double duty as the ship hospital. When the ship is at battle stations the area is cleared, and prepared for casualties. So yes. Medical locker.))
No, Piecewise does not read unbolded text, generally speaking, nor stuff in double parenthesis. Because, you know, ooc and RP are not generally things that the GM has that much time to respond to.

Smith quietly talks to the guy he rescued "There, I have you all patched up, now lets get you to the mess hall. You are going to be perfectly fine."

Try to move the rescued sailor to the mess hall. If radio (or anyone else) comes by, draft him to help.

(The mess hall on most destroyers doubled as the "hospital" IIRC, so there should be a locker with better supplies there, not to mention it being out of the weather.)
-character profile snipped-
note how you had this information in parenthesis, and unbolded.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: December 02, 2017, 02:12:37 pm »

((Well then he the laziest GM I have ever seen in all my days, and is practically unworthy of the title.))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: December 02, 2017, 02:18:22 pm »

((Well then he the laziest GM I have ever seen in all my days, and is practically unworthy of the title.))
that's nice. take your whining to ooc, please.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: December 02, 2017, 04:33:48 pm »

Team Mess Hall Door

Dive into cover, binoculars towards where Radio just came running from. If I see friendlies, make sure they see that I am NOT holding a gun in my hands.

"Was that the dude with the Radio...? What could have... Gah, my ears."

If I see nothing:

"Hey, Radio guy. It's clear."

If I see Nazis, call out their location to Radio after identifying myself, and then draw my gun.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: December 02, 2017, 08:50:45 pm »

Definitely tempting fate here have Bob do stuff on his own. Either he's not going to run into anything and get no Glory, or he's going to die.
"Boiler room or engine room might have something, and if we've got intruders or whatever's creating this ice on the boat, likely as not they'll have taken the engine room. Boiler it is then." Bob set off in the direction that he knew the boiler room to be, BAR in hand, safety off, but finger off the trigger.

Bob goes to the boiler room, as long as it's not too far away.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: December 03, 2017, 03:23:57 am »

I'm going to assume that you, tala and Hans all head upstairs when the screaming starts and find Radio at the door out onto the deck, presently shoving the shelf in the way of it.
"WEEOO WEEOO NAZI'S ON THE BRIDGE WEEOO WEEOO BIG AND SCARY WEEOO WEEOO GO SHOOT THEM."
"Where's your partner? Everyone, prepare your weapons. The deck is large and open, and there may be little cover. If they're up there, it's safe to assume nobody of ours is, but check your targets just to be sure."

Does everyone have a gun? If not, ensure everyone of our probably-around-10-person-team is armed, then we start getting on the bridge, cautiously to stay out of sight as to where I presume the bridge controls are.

"Also lower your volume, Radio...man," Tala said, unsure of his name...as his uniform didn't help identify him other than what she presumed was his insignia and role. "Where on the bridge are they? Numbers, weapons, any identifying identification? How did you get back, and why are you alone? What's the situation up there? Are they in the open, and what's the engagement range?"

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: December 03, 2017, 05:30:26 am »

@Piecewise, would Denver and Radio have seen each other?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: December 03, 2017, 09:32:32 am »

Simon, who had been drifting off somewhere in the messhall, suddenly jerks up and starts shouting.

"Whuh?!  We're killin the Naughties, right?  Yeah, yeah!  You have my gun, and my other guns too!"

Join the big squad that's gonna assault the bridge!  Simon has three spare guns (two scoped rifles, one pistol), which he'll provide to anyone unarmed.

Oh, and he's still drunk.  When he suddenly stands up, he'll swat Smith (Milo's char) in the back of the head with his rifle's stock.  Accidentally, because drunk Simon is so clumsy~

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 03, 2017, 10:25:31 am »

A very startled Charlie looks where the radioman came running from, wondering what made him run that fast in the opposite direction, and takes cover by flattening himself against the nearest wall.
Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: December 03, 2017, 01:32:06 pm »

Damien finishes his blues solo only to realize that the mess hall crew has moved on.

Pull up my shotgun and go regroup with Tala's fighting team upstairs.

Spoiler: Damien Capella (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: December 04, 2017, 05:18:36 am »

Snipped like a throwaway joke that seems to confuse poor Filipinas.

"Ah, sorry ma'm.

I was just on my way to report to my CO so I'll have to make this short. I spotted a bunch of Nazi's on the bridge, in cold weather gear it seems and with strange silenced rifles. Not sure how many, at least half to a full dozen I think, but I did see a big bulking bruiser type, with a sweet 'stache. He got me by the, uhh..."
The radioman blushed a little bit (not that anyone could see) while searching how to describe it. "Well, he got me, but I was able to, ah, talk him out of it. He's not as scary as he looks. You know the type, loud as a motorbike, but wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight."

"The bridge crew is all dead I think, so no help from there. Oh, and they had a special radioset that could pierce the static. Try to snatch that one in one piece for me, if you can?"
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:20:38 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 04, 2017, 09:38:23 am »

"Remember, it would be very good if we manage to capture some of them alive!"

Move along with Tala group.

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 228