Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467255 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1095 on: October 30, 2017, 11:51:02 am »

Curse you, piecewise.

So, does this mean I get to radio control Radio Controlled the radioman?
Pretty sure I gave it to Oz since he was the first to answer.  Not that he can't be used by multiple people.

Speaking of radios, I've got a broken one in my inventory. How much would it cost to repair this, in terms of Glory?

Was it Tiruin's old radio, consider it fixed.  You're the guy who picked her stuff up, right?
No, I think Winston ended up with that stuff.
This is a broken radio that I picked out of a german bunker on D-Day.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:52:44 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1096 on: October 30, 2017, 12:40:41 pm »

Did Oz actually get a radio to control his radioman with?

I thought he didn't, meaning that nobody was radio-controlling the radiothing, so I figured I might as well step in with a despicable pun and offer to give totally-not-suicidal directions to our newest ballistics shield. I mean, recruit.
Radio is a radioman. Literally. He functions like a normal radio.

Curse you, piecewise.

So, does this mean I get to radio control Radio Controlled the radioman?
Pretty sure I gave it to Oz since he was the first to answer.  Not that he can't be used by multiple people.

Speaking of radios, I've got a broken one in my inventory. How much would it cost to repair this, in terms of Glory?

Was it Tiruin's old radio, consider it fixed.  You're the guy who picked her stuff up, right?
No, I think Winston ended up with that stuff.
This is a broken radio that I picked out of a german bunker on D-Day.
I'll say 20 GLORY then.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 30, 2017, 12:47:18 pm »

Nice, I'll fix that up to use. 70 glory left. Yay for more communication.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 30, 2017, 01:30:44 pm »

Edward stares at his new piece of equipment / horrifying responsibility for a moment. And then another. and then a few more.

"that doorknob blew my brains out, didn't it?" He mutters, then bursts out laughing.

"God loves me! You, my friend, are evidence enough of that! Hmm. But I can't quite fit you into my rucksack ... Well, friend, I hope you come prepared to defend yourself against buildings, and other explosions!"

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 30, 2017, 01:32:45 pm »

"He... he has a radio for a head. Why. that is literally my fetish"

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 30, 2017, 03:24:47 pm »

The doctor looks up from cleaning his newfound machine gun and starts in shock at the new sight. He adjusts his glasses before looking at the radioman again and then sighs.

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have had that torpedo Juice. Is anyone else seeing this?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1102 on: October 30, 2017, 08:47:45 pm »

DEBRIEFING

Meanwhile, aboard the USS St. Elijah, somewhere in the Northern Atlantic.

"Alright, settle down everyone." Bone says as he stands atop a table in the mess hall. "I have some announcements. First off I have to congratulate our fine fighting men and women back from their mission behind enemy lines.  You lot weren't content to blow a base to kingdom come, where you? Most men would probably capture classified information, save some children and then call it a day.  But you lot went and stole the Kraut's fancy plane too, just to rub their noses in it."

There's a general murmur of excited assent and celebration. Bone waits till it passes.

"Well, glad to say that the kids you freed are alive. Some only just, though. Those pods you found were some sort of life support system; had their organs out and in those containers like Canopic jars." His face gets hard and his eyes narrow as he speaks. "We still don't know why. The children can't tell us much either, drugged through most of it."

"In any case, the plane and the rifles you brought back are things out of a Buck Rogers. Those Engines have no moving parts and are made of something we can't identify. They don't spark when you cut them, they don't melt under heat just fall to ash, and they throw off electricity like the fist of Zeus. Their connections to the plane are odd too, just metal plates pushing on their surfaces. Lab boys are saying something about Piezoelectric discharges or some such" He waves his hand, " But it pulls in air like a hard vacuum and can channel it in any direction. We need more like it to understand it; you boys have given us just enough to be frustrated at our own ignorance! The rifles aren't much better. They produce electrical arcs the same way but use them to drive one of those flechettes forward. No idea what their purpose is yet. They seem too mean to be a viable weapon, if that makes sense. They stick in you like a barbed arrowhead but they don't have enough force behind them to be fatal most times. We're still testing them."

"But the real cherry was that info you got us. These bastards stole an officer's entire room! Filing cabinet, desk and slightly used officer all in one go! Surprised you didn't take his chair.  The papers in there give us a lot of useful local data but they also have references to something no one has ever heard about outside of rumors. Its a project of some kind; the sort of thing men eat cyanide to keep secret. The pages are all encoded and the officer ate his codebook. Mostly dissolved in his stomach before we got it out. We're working on the cipher now but we've got a name. Strumturm; Storm Tower."

When he says this he glances around the room watching everyone carefully. Watching their faces closely. After a moment he nods a bit to himself and continues.

"That name is the sort of thing the Nazis don't want to spread. Officers die when they learn that name. Don't speak it. Don't let anyone know you know it.  Don't let it leave this room. But if you ever see it on anything, anything from a piece of paper to some shithead's pack of gum, you take that and you bring it back here to me."

Outside there is a distant roll of thunder and the boat shifts as a wave hits its side, the grumble of metal and water straining against one another echos through the room. Bone waits a few more seconds and then nods again.

"That's all." His face brightens by a few degrees, "Celebrate, men. You've done the Lords work tonight but I have no doubt He will have more for you tomorrow. The children send their thanks, as do I."

He steps off the table and walks out, two burly men at his sides as he does.

Hours pass until it is near midnight on the boat. Most have left the Mess hall, but our band of soldiers remain, gathered around talking, playing cards, poking at newly bandaged wounds and the like. The storm outside has gotten closer and rain pelts down with a constant ubiquitous ringing of drops striking metal somewhere on the decks above. Then the strikes becomes harder, tiny tinny bells ringing, Then thumps like a steel toed boot kicking an oil drum. You can hear shouting from above. Not fear, just outrage and pain. Then a heavy thud, one  that rocks the whole boat back and forth, like ball of wet cloth the size of a man just struck the side of the ship.

And everything goes silent.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1103 on: October 30, 2017, 09:00:02 pm »

"That ain't a storm."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 30, 2017, 09:05:32 pm »

((So how much was that universal kit >_< That's the only thing I'm getting given that I lack info on 'better sniper rifles at mid range' or 'a reliable pistol I can use or slap a silencer on' :( Oh, and gimme some rubber gloves! I dislike the idea of electrical discharges everywhere.

Also I forget if this is the name of the aircraft carrier, but our priority is finding the BRIGADIER GENERAL, whose name is Bone.))

Hours pass until it is near midnight on the boat. Most have left the Mess hall, but our band of soldiers remain, gathered around talking, playing cards, poking at newly bandaged wounds and the like. The storm outside has gotten closer and rain pelts down with a constant ubiquitous ringing of drops striking metal somewhere on the decks above. Then the strikes becomes harder, tiny tinny bells ringing, Then thumps like a steel toed boot kicking an oil drum. You can hear shouting from above. Not fear, just outrage and pain. Then a heavy thud, one  that rocks the whole boat back and forth, like ball of wet cloth the size of a man just struck the side of the ship.

"I've been thinking about what you told me about Joan, and this reminds me of how many situations things go wrong out of the blue. Shall we check?" Tala said, minding the fact that "Storm" and "Tower" mean electrical discharges, and prepares her rubber gloves.

Get up and check carefully the surroundings, alongside the floor of the deck we're on. Inquire as to what'sup with any crew I meet, and ready my...err, not-pistol. Rifle. :v

Also check/ask around where the General is.
And get some insulated garments.

"We are in still close proximity to where you all left with that plane. Mayhaps we're in one of their 'testing sites', or this is just a prelude. We should find the General."

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 10:10:28 pm by Tiruin »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1105 on: October 30, 2017, 09:11:11 pm »

((So how much was that universal kit >_< That's the only thing I'm getting given that I lack info on 'better sniper rifles at mid range' or 'a reliable pistol I can use or slap a silencer on' :( Oh, and gimme some rubber gloves! I dislike the idea of electrical discharges everywhere.

Also I'm assuming the ship we're on is at least a cruiser or something big.))

"I've been thinking about what you told me about Joan, and this reminds me of how many situations things go wrong out of the blue. Shall we check?" Tala said, minding the fact that "Storm" and "Tower" mean electrical discharges, and prepares her rubber gloves.

Get up and check carefully the surroundings, alongside the floor of the deck we're on. Inquire as to what'sup, and ready my...err, not-pistol. Rifle. :v

"We are in still close proximity to where you all left with that plane. Mayhaps we're in one of their 'testing sites', or this is just a prelude."

Assume you have the universal kit. Thats why its universal.

As per better sniper rifle, I'd need a name or something of a period rifle we'd have access to. As per reliable pistol you can use and slap a silencer on, there's already a "Silenced pistol" entry in the GLORY costs on the OP.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 30, 2017, 09:14:22 pm »

"What the hell! This isn't a normal storm, something freaky is going on."

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 30, 2017, 09:17:42 pm »

"Yeah, and I ain't a barmaid.

Anything else obvious you ladies would like to say, or do you think we can get assembled and figure out what's going on now?"

Check the door for heat or a static charge. If it's clear and I don't get zapped to death, peek out and check the hallway (Or whatever else might be out there)

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 30, 2017, 09:20:31 pm »

"Well excuse me for a startled exclamation. After you." stick close to Graham

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: October 30, 2017, 09:23:49 pm »

GLORY lets you do 4 things: Get Training, Get Promotions, Requisition items to your Kit
((HOLY CHEESE ITS A REQUISITION?! I DID NOT KNOW OR READ THIS, AND I WISH I HAD A TEENY BIT MORE GLORY TO MAKE THAT CARBINE-SNIPER RIFLE THING. GAH))

Also retroactively, get these things for mah kit:
> Universal Kit. Which I assume is free. I did not read.
> Silenced Pistol (awesomely 20 GLORY more than the standard pistol but has a +6 risk dice if unnoticed \o/)
> Helmet (Aww no fancy vest for flavor? :< "Helmet and flak vest (+1 life)")
> Medic Bag (Requisition; unsure on its Glory price) [And I want ONE more than this, so I can heal the everybody. Hmpf! :I]

Also try and find some insulated garments nearby or improvise them from what we've got around.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 228