Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468329 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #765 on: September 08, 2017, 08:52:54 pm »

We've used three minutes? hoooo boy. Joe and Ed will get to the truck! fast!
If Smith doesn't get retconned to grabbing the satchel: Tell the others that we've bombed the munitions building.

"Shit's about to blow! Let's move move move!"

If Smith gets the satchel: a) stay far away from the explodey thing, and b) Joe will shoot Nazis, while Ed ducks for cover in the truck.

"To the east of the Hangar is a supply building. There was some noise over there, and then the shooting started up that way. Circle around, the others will probably be retreating eastward from there."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:14:51 am by Ozarck »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 08, 2017, 10:09:00 pm »

((Darnit, missed a turn. This is going to pieces. And fast. Don't worry, I'll be an officer or radioman next time, should this go horribly south.))

Bob moves south, away from the open ground and back towards what appears to be a hangar, searching for a back door.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 09, 2017, 02:03:21 am »

Get into overwatch and the first nazi that comes in my sight gets shot

Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #768 on: September 09, 2017, 06:17:41 am »

Take cover and overwatch with the M1 Garand

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 09, 2017, 07:30:37 am »

Hey PW, did Ed get any Glory for his knife fight?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #770 on: September 09, 2017, 08:14:14 am »

Hey PW, did Ed get any Glory for his knife fight?
Yeah, 10 GLORY.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #771 on: September 12, 2017, 09:52:49 pm »

I AM NOT OUTSIDE with that asshole. Still being in the building, Smith grabs the charge, and heads outside with it. Headed in the same direction Ed went.

...ok Rather than running out with him you instead stay inside. You, upon seeing him place the bomb, grab the bomb from where he placed it and sprint after Ed.

You end up in basically the same exact place you were before, except now you are carrying an active bomb. So, uh, good for you I guess. You do end up a little bit further back though, so thats something.

((Oh, you took my advice, and in the worst way possible.  Kudos.

Funny how your action said "support my team mates however I can".  "there is no way I'm going outside alone." too, but nah, retcons are cool.))

Well, those nazis are quite outside knifing range aren't they?  Not that I have a knife.  Quickly take a knee and start popping heads with the Springfield.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
You drop into a shooter stance, bracing your arm against your knee as you kneel down. [2] You allign the crosshairs of the scope on the back of one of the nazi's heads and squeeze off a shot. There's a fraction of a second where you can hear the round whistling out across the plains before it strikes home and the man goes limp. You recover from the recoil and take another shot. [4] You catch the second man in the shoulder and he staggers forward a pace before dropping to the ground.

10 GLORY!

Fuck it, just start burning any nearby Nazis.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
[2] You see one of the Nazi's go down in a puff of red and the sound of the rifle shot comes an instant later.  "Fuck it," You growl, tired of all this slinking around. You click the pilot flame on and squeeze the trigger of the flamethrower as you sweep the barrel across the two remaining men. The flame comes out not with a roar or a bang, but a sizzle and woosh, strangely quiet as the yellow orange arc of flame engulfs both men. The blaze is blinding, and you squint and turn away, eyes stinging from both the heat and the sudden light. The men within the flame scream for several seconds before going quiet. They move for a bit more, staggering or crawling, before collaping and curing into a ball as the heat shrinks their tendons.

20 GLORY!

((Darnit, missed a turn. This is going to pieces. And fast. Don't worry, I'll be an officer or radioman next time, should this go horribly south.))

Bob moves south, away from the open ground and back towards what appears to be a hangar, searching for a back door.

You head straight south and almost immediately stumble across a mass of your fellow soldiers all clustered around two AA guns. There are two german corpses near the guns and a trail of blood leading over to the Hanger. You nod to the group, who seems surprised to see you, and then walk over to the hanger. You try the door that the blood leads to but find it barred shut.

Argh. Chuck controller. Then pick it back up and head to the part where they presumably keep the planes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You stagger through the shelves and peek out into the larger, more open part of the hanger. There are about half a dozen small planes out there; JU 87s by the look of it. There's also a larger plane...it is painted solid black and has no insigna, as well as no weapons, a cargo plane. But the engines are the weirdest thing about it; there are no propellers on them and the actual engine pod...things are shaped like 8 sided dimonds with squished tops and elongated bottoms. 

We've used three minutes? hoooo boy. Joe and Ed will get to the truck! fast!
If Smith doesn't get retconned to grabbing the satchel: Tell the others that we've bombed the munitions building.

"Shit's about to blow! Let's move move move!"

If Smith gets the satchel: a) stay far away from the explodey thing, and b) Joe will shoot Nazis, while Ed ducks for cover in the truck.

"To the east of the Hangar is a supply building. There was some noise over there, and then the shooting started up that way. Circle around, the others will probably be retreating eastward from there."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
Seeing Smith running towards you with the explosive you just planted, you swear and grab joe by the arm. You drag him away from the burning nazis and down south until you meet up with Simon, who is still crouched in a firing position. He jerks his thumb to the truck. "Got us a ride." says, while sweeping the rifle to the east. "Gonna need it soon, I reckon."

Hop on the guns if they're not otherwise manned.  Otherwise, if there's any 30 second fortifications to be done here, do that.  Failing that, overwatch.  Stealth's clearly out the window.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
You think about fortifications and find that while you are more then equiped to remove them, you're not so much set to create them. So you shrug, press against the wall and ready yourself to open fire.

Bob keeps his turret level, listening for sounds of approaching enemies, and looking around for enemies.

You level your gun at the approaching enemies and wait.

Get into overwatch and the first nazi that comes in my sight gets shot

You level your shotgun at the corner of the building and twist your neck till it pops before placing your cheek on the rifle and aiming down the sights, waiting.

Take cover and overwatch with the M1 Garand

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
You drag a mostly unresponsive Zack around behind Joan's turret to give you some cover from the men coming from the south. You rest your rifle on a flat section of the turret and take aim round the corner.

Everyone clustered around the two commendeered AA guns can hear the german group advance. They hear, in the distance, somewhere to the south, the sound of two gun shots and then, moments later, hear screaming that fades out rather than ending abruptly. The German advance suddenly falters and seems to halt at the corner. Maybe they've been spooked by the noise behind them, maybe they're marshaling for a sudden charge. Hard to tell.  Then a grenade, followed closely by two more, clink out across the concrete and land near  the AA guns.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 12, 2017, 10:18:45 pm »

"Oh, what's this?"

Break the hell into that black plane's cockpit ASAP! If I have get access to secret experimental nazi technology today, maybe that'll make up for being shot.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 12, 2017, 10:31:00 pm »

((No map? Also, no timer ticks?))

Well, it was kinda fun to let Ed see the bomb, but it is a bomb so I really should get rid of it, sooner the better. Run west, parallel to the base as far as I can without being spotted or letting the fuse get too short, then throw this thing back into the base. I do not want it to land too close to anything explosive, a distraction, not a mortal threat to the team.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 12, 2017, 10:35:29 pm »

Ah hell.

Take cover from grenadation!

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 12, 2017, 11:06:04 pm »

Get down behind the secound turret to avoid shrapnal

"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 12, 2017, 11:07:06 pm »

((Gee, I hope those frags don't incapacitate our ONLY RADIO WOMAN.))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 13, 2017, 12:30:58 am »

Search for more nazis to burn.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 12:44:51 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 13, 2017, 06:25:02 am »

"Shit!" Bob leapt out of the aircraft turret, laying down prone behind one of them. He also attempted to pull out his BAR, to ready to fire around the turret in the direction of the assailants.
Bob tries to lie prone behind the AA turret to survive the grenades, but attempts to position himself so that he can also fire around the side at the assailants if possible.((OOC: I'm making the assumption that the grenades landed square in front of the AA guns, allowing Bob to peek out to fire if he needs to, but, can we get a map, with grenade positions?))

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #779 on: September 13, 2017, 08:42:18 am »

Timer: 45
Timer: 5

((Was that just one shot of my flamethrower? Will adjust remaining shots in inventory if necessary.))

Search for more nazis to burn.

1 shot.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 228