Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468072 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #255 on: June 04, 2017, 05:43:23 pm »

((Sorry about not posting, my computer broke and it's a special kind of hell to type this out on mobile.))

((And thanks Tiruin for playing for me. I own you one.))

Carry Jersey on my back and follow Joan up.  Apply first aid to anyone in need.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 04, 2017, 10:03:11 pm »

((Sorry about not posting, my computer broke and it's a special kind of hell to type this out on mobile.))

((I kept your sheet updated and yep, I can understand how hard it is to track all that text on mobile .-.; oops! I should've PMd you that. And you're welcome! :3
...But I used your medic bag and we're REALLY lacking those right now. Hopefully we come across medical supplies but our best tactics [since we seriously lack any tactician due to lacking signallers or commanders on the field], is to stay safe and get to cover/shoot the enemy.

Also their mortars are pretty much beyond these lines so yeah. Hopefully no more of those killer shells))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 05, 2017, 12:12:39 am »

((I kept your sheet updated and yep, I can understand how hard it is to track all that text on mobile .-.; oops! I should've PMd you that. And you're welcome! :3
...But I used your medic bag and we're REALLY lacking those right now. Hopefully we come across medical supplies but our best tactics [since we seriously lack any tactician due to lacking signallers or commanders on the field], is to stay safe and get to cover/shoot the enemy.

Also their mortars are pretty much beyond these lines so yeah. Hopefully no more of those killer shells))
NCO's are a thing we just haven't had anyone step up and give orders
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 05, 2017, 03:35:13 am »

NCO's are a thing we just haven't had anyone step up and give orders
((I've no idea about how ranking is done here but aren't certain kits issued to specific ranks or...? Because we really need to coordinate if we've any hope past 'hide and first aid'))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 05, 2017, 07:27:28 am »

Signing up to join the next wave:

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #260 on: June 05, 2017, 04:43:54 pm »

((Back))

Carefully push up toward the hill.  Any way to remove barbed wire without any tools?  Don't do silly things like yank on it with bare hands.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #261 on: June 06, 2017, 10:26:00 am »

Boat 1
((Back))

Carefully push up toward the hill.  Any way to remove barbed wire without any tools?  Don't do silly things like yank on it with bare hands.

Remove from yourself or destroy? Because bangalores were designed for being jammed into it to destroy barbed wire and other obstacles. And by up towards the hill I'm gonna assume you mean to climb the cliff, since you're right by it. [4] You free yourself from the wire [3] and climb part way up the dirt cliff under bunker 2.

Gentlefish is afk

Midnight is sleeping

Boat 2
KJ has called in sick

A 3 at +2 dex wasn't fast enough?  Huh.  Well, they probably think that worked, so sit back in the gore and snack on a ration to restore life.  Hold the MG 15 ready, if anyone comes through the entrance to confirm the kill, jam the barrel into them and hold down the trigger--gonna use it as melee weapon.

...That Gewehr wouldn't happen to have a scope, and therefore count as a sniper rifle, would it?

[luck roll:3] No, the Gewehr has no scope. But it looks like the scope from your springfield might fit it, roughly.

You sit in the corner and eat a ration. It restores 2 PHYSICAL, and NO LIFE. Just like it says on the tin. And luckily no one comes in to check on you or even shoots in. They seem pretty confident that they got you.

Carry Jersey on my back and follow Joan up.  Apply first aid to anyone in need.

Joan, Darlington + Jersey Unconscious; Head over to Joe Nix.

Joan: Survey surroundings through scope (unless 'surroundings until nearest bunker = medium range, whereas 'use M1 Garand instead'), and fire upon any enemies.

Darlington: Use own/Joan's or Joe's/Jersey's first aid kits to first aid literally everyone who needs em.

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Joan, Darlington and Jersey on Darlington's back all head over to Joe Nix, who is laying, barely alive, further up the beach. They've only got first aid equipment so they do their best to stablize Joe with what little they have. [5] Joe Gains +1 life and +2 Physical, returning to conciousness.

Boat 3
"Damn it!" Since he wasn't really certain of his chances of disentangling himself from the wire, Bob brought his rifle to ear, and unloaded 12 rounds in a burst at pair of soldiers attacking him.

If Bob can see the people shooting at them, shoot them with a 12 round burst from the BAR. If he can't see them, he tries to disentangle himself from the wire and fall down the hill a few eet in order to have some cover.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bringing your rifle up to your ear and then shooting? Thats a man who hates being able to hear things. 12 shots pushes the risk to 7, however you're shooting at two targets so we'll count it as 6 each, bringing the risk to 5 on either.
[6v3][6v1] Instead of 6, you put 10 rounds down on each man, literally spraying them both down with a stream of lead. They jutter and stagger back, bursting with tiny explosions of blood before falling back and out of sight into their trench. 

Your machinegun is empty, but your enemies are dead.

Reload my Recoilless Rifle with a HE round then get into cover at the top of the cliff if I have time

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

You place an HE round into the recoilless rifle and then try and run for cover up the ramp. [5] You get over the barbed wire and run around into the same bunker that Zack is currently hanging out in, diving through the door and then pressing your back against the concrete wall next to the doorway.

Sorry for not posting, I was somewhat busy yesterday.

With the Nazis currently shooting at Bob and Barak, Zack saw it as an excellent opportunity to strike...

Dash into the trench in front of me, and then shoot off the Nazi's arm/hand off.
If he manages to not lose consciousness from the pain, slit his throat with a trench knife.

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Added the sheet.
Hmm well the attackers of Barak are dead...but you seem a little crazy. Lets roll to see how crazy. [1] Apparently very.

You sprint straight out of the bunker and cross the grass and throw yourself down into the first trench. You leap over the freshly made corpses and head east, down the trench, towards the remaining Nazis. You turn a corner in the trench and come face to face with one of them, so close you can make out every detail of his stupid fucking face. [6v6][6,1] He snaps his rifle up at the same time you raise your shotgun. You both get a shot off; his grazes your cheek, yours blows his head clean in half. Now would of course be a good time to stop. [6] BUT YOU ARE FAST! You shoulder past the collapsing body and find two more nazis just ahead!
[5v5][2v5][4,4] They both shoot as you sprint down the trench towards them, bullets hissing passed you, inches away. You raise your shotgun and fire at one of them. The shot hits him square in the sternum and blows a grapefruit sized hole through his chest. Now would be a very good time to stop and retreat.... [5] NOOOOOO! MURDER FASTLY! [1v6] You scream something incomprehensible and fire a shot into the wall. [3] The nazi shoots you in the leg. [-1 life]

Squad 3

Psychically scream for help in other people's minds.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)

Joan and Darlington's medical assistance manage to get you back on your feet and concious. (+1 life, +2 physical)

There are a lot of Nazi's left around Zack, but luckily the allies are moving towards him too. Its a crap shoot who the Nazi's will shoot at.  The Nazi nearest Zack takes a pot shot at him but misses and Zack takes a shot back, injuring the nazi as he flees. Of course he doesn't get far, being cut down by allied fire a moment later. Nazi soldiers are pouring out of the lead trenches and retreating back towards the central trench and the command bunker.  The Allied soldiers from the east are giving chase.

Signing up to join the next wave:

Keep this sheet handy. We'll be doing a recruitment drive after this mission.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Murdering Fastly
« Reply #262 on: June 06, 2017, 10:44:58 am »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 06, 2017, 11:45:24 am »

"Haha! Take that, you Nazi scum...Agh!" Bob had squirmed a bit too much, and barbed wire is not pleasant to squirm in.

Bob attempts to extricate himself from wire, then reload the BAR.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 06, 2017, 01:30:02 pm »

Squad 3

"Thanks. Let's keep moving."

Stay low, move forward to Yarrick's position.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:17:21 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2017, 01:52:40 pm »

Eat a ration. You aren't you when you're hungry.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2017, 03:01:59 pm »

Take a couple shots at some of the retreating forces, since they don't seem to be shooting back at anyone now.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2017, 04:15:01 pm »

Apping to later die horribly.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2017, 05:03:27 pm »

Not what I had in mind, but I like it; let's roll with it.

Continue climbing up; any enemies in there get the SMG.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 08, 2017, 08:56:09 am »

Move up to the empty bunker and drop Jersey off inside of it.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 228