Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467848 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2017, 01:56:14 pm »

Nope. Its not an air strike, its an artillery strike. And we don't have any artillery set up in the ocean, do we?
Well, there's Naval Artillery.  Maybe call in some gunfire from offshore ships or landing craft?
Not sure that was used during D-day landings.

((The thing being called a 'rifle' confused me. Piecewise, which stat does the M18 Recoilless Rifle run off of?))
Heavy rifle. I know its kind of a weird weapon, but we'll call it that.

Looks like we got

Kj
Maybe Egan? Not sure if he's RPing or something
Strider
Twinwolf (I think?)
Yottawhat
Killerhellhound
ATHATH (you have neither glue nor paint)
Cronos5010
CrocandBearlover (Bears are neat)
NRDL
Iamanelfcollaborator (Filthy elves)
Gentlefish
Syvarris
Midnightjaguar
Toaster

15 people eh?  Thats good enough.  I'd recommend throwing yourselves into 3, 5 man groups so its easier to track you on the map and so you don't all clump up and get blown apart by a mortar round.

We got three boats here, 1,2, and 3.  Everyone get in one of them and lets move out!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2017, 02:04:26 pm »

Bob grinned, grabbed his pack, and climbed into boat 3.
Climb into boat three.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Also, can we assume that we have some fluff items, like these: https://www.amazon.com/D-Day-Signaling-Cricket-Clicker-Clacker/dp/B004FZXODG, or flashlights, or other non-stat related type things?))
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2017, 02:09:29 pm »

Bob grinned, grabbed his pack, and climbed into boat 3.
Climb into boat three.

((Also, can we assume that we have some fluff items, like these: https://www.amazon.com/D-Day-Signaling-Cricket-Clicker-Clacker/dp/B004FZXODG, or flashlights, or other non-stat related type things?))
If its in standard kits than yeah. Flash lights, clickers, etc. I may have to update the universal pack so if there are any historically correct additions you'd like, lemme know about them.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2017, 02:10:47 pm »

Most of the naval artillery action was before the landing, but naval support during D-Day also occurred, at Omaha.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:33:18 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2017, 02:11:37 pm »

Nope. Its not an air strike, its an artillery strike. And we don't have any artillery set up in the ocean, do we?
Well, there's Naval Artillery.  Maybe call in some gunfire from offshore ships or landing craft?
Quite a lot of it, (although not really enough), from several battleships, a few dozen cruisers, fifty-some destroyers, and many of the landing craft.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2017, 02:22:05 pm »

Boat two for me man.
"People will believe in anything if they're desperate friend."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2017, 02:29:48 pm »

If its in standard kits than yeah. Flash lights, clickers, etc. I may have to update the universal pack so if there are any historically correct additions you'd like, lemme know about them.
((I'm not thinking of anything stat based for the universal pack, but it might be good to remember that we can all be expected to have a lighter, a flashlight, a compass, and a clicker. Perhaps there could be a small non-combat knife in the universal pack? Like for making traps or cutting ropes?))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:43:36 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2017, 03:20:04 pm »

"Front of the line for me!"
Boat one!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2017, 03:21:25 pm »

Boat 2.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:10:23 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2017, 03:24:19 pm »

Boat 2.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2017, 03:35:46 pm »

Most of the naval artillery action was before the landing, but naval support during D-Day also occurred, at Omaha.

Quite a lot of it, (although not really enough), from several battleships, a few dozen cruisers, fifty-some destroyers, and many of the landing craft.
Did they use them while the men were landing? Seems a good recipe for friendly fire.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2017, 03:40:32 pm »

Like the quoted stuff says, heavy naval guns were mostly used for shelling beforehand, though they did have support from modified landers and amphibious tanks. At Omaha they did eventually had to bring in naval guns to force things open, though not in the middle of landing a lot of peeps.

So I think the case could be made for light arty support, but for the most part anything that isn't blasted to hell already is gonna be on them to take out.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:42:06 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2017, 04:17:39 pm »

Like the quoted stuff says, heavy naval guns were mostly used for shelling beforehand, though they did have support from modified landers and amphibious tanks. At Omaha they did eventually had to bring in naval guns to force things open, though not in the middle of landing a lot of peeps.

So I think the case could be made for light arty support, but for the most part anything that isn't blasted to hell already is gonna be on them to take out.
Fair enough, if someone tosses a flare, then we'll shell them from a battleship.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2017, 05:23:27 pm »

Boat 2 please.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 228