Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 592661 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1940 (Revision Phase)
« Reply #3045 on: June 01, 2017, 03:13:45 am »

Actually, I was mistaken. It's based on their coastal defense craft, not their battleship.

Given that our design costs 6 ore and 5 oil and isn't armored, getting 5 TC seems well within the possibilities.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: June 01, 2017, 03:16:15 am »

5 TC would be awesome indeed. solves all our TC problems in the near future.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: June 01, 2017, 03:21:42 am »

-AS-1931-HAFB(b) "Warbird"
Warbird is an upgrade of AS-1931-HAFB and Forenia's first mixed propulsion aircraft. It's nose engine is replaced by a more advanced V12 similar to one used on Haast and its wing engines are replaced with two new turbojets designed to be more fuel efficient than ones used on Thunderbird. Empty Warbird can safely fly only on its nose engine, allowing it to return home without wasting too much fuel

In addition to brand new propulsion system aircraft received general aerodynamics upgrades and new bombing sights [/b]

This gives us more jet engine experience and useful design. I think that the best way to uncomplex jet engines is to make more designs with them. And let's be honest, we won't find an action for a bomber any time soon, so upgrading our old bomber is a solid move.

As for 5TC... it is so unblancing that I don't believe it. After all few large ships are no better than many smaller ships
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: June 01, 2017, 03:28:15 am »

As for 5TC... it is so unblancing that I don't believe it. After all few large ships are no better than many smaller ships

By that logic, our csrgo ship should have better TC than the Cannalan one.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: June 01, 2017, 03:41:10 am »

Quote from: Revisions
(2) aT-J04: Azzuro, Andrea
(1) UF-AC-40 'Khopesh': Light forger
(2) UFS-CV-40b 'Sea Lift' Pattern A: evictedSaint, Happerry
(1) Compact Death Ray: Olith McHuman
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: June 01, 2017, 03:44:31 am »

Numbers specifically have no role. You could possibly increase cargo capacity with things other than size, I imagine that it is pretty ridiculous to imagine that something comparable to a bomber could get as much transport capacity as any sort of sea vessel without factoring in their speed, and defensive measures could potentially mitigate interception, and if you are really looking to rort the system then you could revise five 1T.C. vessels to be attached together with a chain and have your shiny new national effort transport that is obviously just lots of ships as one design... But we have established that numbers mean nothing, reducing your transport from expensive to cheap means nothing.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: June 01, 2017, 04:00:55 am »

(2) aT-J04: Azzuro, Andrea
(3) UFS-CV-40b 'Sea Lift' Pattern A: evictedSaint, Happerry, Kashyyk

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: June 01, 2017, 04:03:46 am »

(3) aT-J04: Azzuro, Andrea, Piratejoe
(3) UFS-CV-40b 'Sea Lift' Pattern A: evictedSaint, Happerry, Kashyyk
If we do end up with the sea lift, I wonder if Cannalia will sink a hospital ship, you know, war crimes.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: June 01, 2017, 04:05:22 am »

Giant trolling: use hospital ships to transport cargo, make them unsinkable my their advantage.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: June 01, 2017, 04:09:58 am »

Cavitation rounds Tooth Decay Dragon's Teeth
We spend thousands of man-hours playing with bullet-shapes in the wind-chamber to produce a bumblebee round that completely fouls the surrounding air. It isn't going to do much at range, but it has inertia and weight-distribution enough to make life extremely miserable for anyone who wants to fly straight to dive-bomb, strafe, aim a torpedo, or fly low without crashing.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: June 01, 2017, 04:11:03 am »

"fly straight to dive-bomb, strafe, aim a torpedo, or fly low without crashing." can cannala even do any of that in a significant way?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: June 01, 2017, 04:12:33 am »

Giant trolling: use hospital ships to transport cargo, make them unsinkable my their advantage.

Yeah, that's war crime.

Hospital ships stop being hospital ships the momdnt you use thdm to sustain the war.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: June 01, 2017, 04:13:29 am »

Actually, considering what happened to the magical girl naval detachment the Juraki had, they would sink it and kill all survivors without a care in the world. I wonder if it will hurt their alliance with the allies.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: June 01, 2017, 04:22:25 am »

After surfacing and picking up survivors, who were accommodated on the foredeck, U-156 headed on the surface under Red Cross banners to rendezvous with Vichy French ships and transfer the survivors. En route, the U-boat was spotted by a United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) B-24 Liberator bomber. The pilots, having reported the U-boat's location, intentions, and the presence of survivors, were then ordered to attack the sub. The B-24 killed dozens of Laconia's survivors with bombs and strafing attacks, forcing U-156 to cast their remaining survivors into the sea and crash dive to avoid being destroyed. The pilots of the B-24 mistakenly reported that they had sunk U-156, and were awarded medals for their bravery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laconia_incident

The Allies happily bombed civilians and prisoners of War to kill a submarine, and gave their forces a medal for it.

As they say "All's fair in love and war".

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:28:37 am by 10ebbor10 »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: June 01, 2017, 04:37:24 am »

And here's the part where I say that ww2 was a grey & black morality...
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 500